Pinasco pipe for Stella 4T

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Pinasco pipe for Stella 4T

Post by ericalm »

As reported in 2strokebuzz today, Pinasco has officially announced their forthcoming performance pipe for the Stella/LML Star 4T.

From the Pinasco site:
Pinasco is going to amaze again the world of Classic Scooter with a big innovation for all fans of new LML STAR 125-150 4T. Pinasco in its tradition has been always in pole position in the world of tuning for scooters and now is presenting to all its loyal fans the first performance Symphony exhaust for scooter LML STAR 125-150 4T. The exhaust has been tested for long time in different conditions to combine performance and reliability. It’s handmade welded and supplied in two models: the cheapest is made of powder-coated steel, the most prestigious is made of INOX steel. Pinasco Symphony for LML 125-150 4T is the biggest novelty of 2010 in the tuning market for scooters. The EU certificate of approval avoids the obligation to make any other kind of update of documents of your vehicle. Pinasco Symphony is a very high quality product with a perfect sound that will be loved by any ear.
Someone at Pinasco is either a wiseguy or can't spell. On their site, the pipe is referred to as the "Symphony," the "Symfony" and the "Sinfony."

It's not exactly a good-looking pipe. Commenters on 2sb have said there are matte black and ceramic white versions as well.

I'd love to put a pipe on the 4T but will be waiting to see what else comes along. This thing's just too hideous. Of course, if other buy it and find it's a rocket booster, well… we'll see…
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

Um.

If that is a performance pipe, I hate to see the original. That thing looks like a freaking mess.
Valves are for wussies.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Wow, my eyes are watering! That thing looks very... wide.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Maybe it sounds/performs better than it looks. Also, keep in mind you wouldn't see most of it.

You'd think they'd at least have cleaned it up a little for the photo shoot, though, ha.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

illnoise wrote: You'd think they'd at least have cleaned it up a little for the photo shoot, though, ha.
:+!: :wtf:
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

illnoise wrote:Maybe it sounds/performs better than it looks. Also, keep in mind you wouldn't see most of it.

You'd think they'd at least have cleaned it up a little for the photo shoot, though, ha.
yeah, this looks like it belongs on a rat bike
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

OK...its uber ugly...it makes noise..no mention of any performance gains. I have never understood making noise for the purpose of making noise..and I run a kitted modified vintage with an expansion chamber
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Halloweenie

Post by Halloweenie »

Get the torches and pitchforks! Franken-pipe is a monster!
226 Vintage Hot Wing, GGR Hot Reeds, Mazzy Race Cut Crank, P200 filter, 128 Main, BJ Stack, Trailtech CHT

AAA-O Anything, Anytime, Anywhere, Bar None
Redcatjack

Post by Redcatjack »

BuddyRaton wrote:OK...its uber ugly...it makes noise..no mention of any performance gains. I have never understood making noise for the purpose of making noise..and I run a kitted modified vintage with an expansion chamber
If you look at the graph on Pinasco's site, they're showing increase from 7.5HP to 8HP, about 7%. That's similar to what I got from the Leo Vince on my GTV.

Doesn't stop it from being butt ugly though...
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Redcatjack wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:OK...its uber ugly...it makes noise..no mention of any performance gains. I have never understood making noise for the purpose of making noise..and I run a kitted modified vintage with an expansion chamber
If you look at the graph on Pinasco's site, they're showing increase from 7.5HP to 8HP, about 7%. That's similar to what I got from the Leo Vince on my GTV.

From TSB "but increasing the RPM range by about 1000 RPM or more"

Yeah you get .5 hp...at 6,500 rpm. Up to 5,500 rpm the performance gains are minimal.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

BuddyRaton wrote:
Redcatjack wrote:

From TSB "but increasing the RPM range by about 1000 RPM or more"

Yeah you get .5 hp...at 6,500 rpm. Up to 5,500 rpm the performance gains are minimal.
Well, that's pretty much what you'd expect from a performance pipe for a 4-stroke. Any horsepower gains are going to come from better breathing ability at high revs, not increased torque at low rpms.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

A longer header pipe means more torque. That looks to be most of the mess on there. Maybe it doesn't lose too much down low.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Motorsport Scooters wrote:A longer header pipe means more torque. That looks to be most of the mess on there. Maybe it doesn't lose too much down low.
Max, have you heard anything about pricing and availability for this yet? I know you guys carry some Pinasco stuff.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

Nothing yet, but I'll post here as soon as i do.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Well.... any updates on this yet? Any-1 get one yet and put it on their Stella?? How does it sound??? I need to make mine louder...v
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Gotta find one! I think they're only available from Europe, and not cheap. I'll wait for someone to import it!

Or you could try trolling the UK LML owners forums to see if any of them have pt this on yet.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

If you goto 'you tube'. And search for LML 150 4t.... I found 2 videos .. but its hard to tell about the sound in them....
I contacted James at POC..He said their pipe for Stella 4t is nearing completion.
But I fear it WONT be muffled in any way..just like their POC Bajaj.....
I would like somewhat of a silencer (mild) and not just a straight pipe.... ideally for me anyways
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

jimmbomb wrote:Well....Any-1 get one yet and put it on their Stella?? ...
I wont be doing anything like that untill my 2 year warranty is up. After that I'll keep you all informed.
untill then, I bet some others here will do it sooner and advise it here before me.
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Well I broke down & ordered the Polini today.. I'll post up pictures & a vid when I get it on...
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I'll be watching for your results!
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
listless

Post by listless »

Thanks for being the guinea pig jimmbomb!
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

listless wrote:Thanks for being the guinea pig jimmbomb!

ok. here it is.. follow it in this link...

viewtopic.php?p=236114#236114

good luck... jh
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

Great write up and pics! Thanks.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Scooterworks just sent out an email pimping the Pinasco pipe and the 21mm carb!

Let's get those MPGs to a reasonable 90 or so! :) :P

http://is.gd/OMHIKL
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

ericalm wrote:Scooterworks just sent out an email pimping the Pinasco pipe and the 21mm carb!

Let's get those MPGs to a reasonable 90 or so! :) :P

http://is.gd/OMHIKL
At a very scary price, unfortunately. :?

I'll likely wait for a sale.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Agreed. It's comparable to some of the race parts for the moderns (PM Tuning pipe for LX, for example) but still out of my range.

And the Polini's better looking. :)
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

ericalm wrote:Agreed. It's comparable to some of the race parts for the moderns (PM Tuning pipe for LX, for example) but still out of my range.

Agree.

Way more than the PM Tuning for the LX. I paid $300 and change for my PM Tuning pipe from SIP, and the shipping wasn't too bad. Well under $400 total, IIRC.

And it's not stainless steel.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Silver Streak wrote:
ericalm wrote:Agreed. It's comparable to some of the race parts for the moderns (PM Tuning pipe for LX, for example) but still out of my range.

Agree.

Way more than the PM Tuning for the LX. I paid $300 and change for my PM Tuning pipe from SIP, and the shipping wasn't too bad. Well under $400 total, IIRC.

Wow. I haven't seen the PM Tuning for sale by a US company for under $480 or so!
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

ericalm wrote:
Silver Streak wrote:

Agree.

Wow. I haven't seen the PM Tuning for sale by a US company for under $480 or so!
SIP's dollar prices vary daily with the exchange rate, and I think I caught a brief period when the rate was favorable.
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Silver Streak wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Silver Streak wrote: Agree.

Way more than the PM Tuning for the LX. I paid $300 and change for my PM Tuning pipe from SIP, and the shipping wasn't too bad. Well under $400 total, IIRC.h

SIP's dollar prices vary daily with the exchange rate, and I think I caught a b
rief period when the rate was favorable.

So.... PM Tuning makes a pipe that will fit up to tha LML 125/150???
thanks...
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jimmbomb wrote:So.... PM Tuning makes a pipe that will fit up to tha LML 125/150???
thanks...
Nope, that's the PM Tuning for the Vespa/Piaggio 125s/150s (LX, Fly).