removal of stock turn signals

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

big calm

removal of stock turn signals

Post by big calm »

How hard is it?

I asked the dealer if they could do it and she said no. I saw a 2003 Vespa that doesn't have the DOT signals. I asked the owner if the po po ever stoped her because of this.

She said that most DOT signals are about the distance between the signals on your handle bars. She said if the police ever stop you. It would probably be for speeding.

I doubt that they'll bring a ruler over a measure your DOT signals if they were removed. So I want to do this when they deliver my Buddy this Friday.

It looked pretty simple when I saw them close up. Just one screw and a needs to be unplugged. Can someone tell me how hard this would be

Thanks
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

It's not hard to do. There are already bulbs in the original turnsignals. I'm sure you just have to re-route the wires down to the original ones. Police will not know or care about the distance of your turnsignals. We sell a similar turnsignal relocation kit for the LX150, and haven't heard a single story of legal trouble.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

Keys

Post by Keys »

Hey Monkey! I got a black one from Mike and Shelby in Tucson yesterday. Are you going to get one?

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

gotta fix the Stella first before anything...we'll see...