Admit it, we are all narcissists.....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tenchi

Admit it, we are all narcissists.....

Post by Tenchi »

How many of us look to the right when passing a merchant's plate glass window to admire how awesome we look? Dang fine, I would say. Not so good in heavy traffic, though.
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

:mrgreen:
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

True that, except I'm never as awesome as I expect!
so tough, so pink
Tenchi

The window never lies...

Post by Tenchi »

We look so much slimmer, too. Must be the Buddy slipstream effect. :lol:
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I wave back :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

My favorite bumper sticker; Only You can prevent narcissism!
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I look like a bear riding a bicycle when I'm on the Buddy so I try not to catch those glimpses of myself :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
laxer

Post by laxer »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I look like a bear riding a bicycle when I'm on the Buddy so I try not to catch those glimpses of myself :lol:
This is exactly how I feel, and I'm not a tall fellow.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I look like one of these guys

But with a Snell-approved cowboy hat, and my beard isn't as manly.

Which isn't to say I'm not vain, I crave attention, even if my visage is horrifying.

Bb
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

illnoise wrote:I look like one of these guys

But with a Snell-approved cowboy hat, and my beard isn't as manly.

Which isn't to say I'm not vain, I crave attention, even if my visage is horrifying.

Bb
:rofl: I remember seeing this photo as a kid. btw I totally want the snell approved cowboy hat, that would be awesome :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I've never thought about it before, but we don't really have any businesses that are close enough to the road to do that... but the tailgate of a truck in front of you can be fun, like one of those carnival mirrors. :roll:
Hwarang

Post by Hwarang »

Sometimes I also glance down at my shadow on the road.
"Limitations are the soil from which creativity grows." - Zeldman
"All that glitters is not golden" - Shakespeare
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer ..." - Dune
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

The crowds of adoring young ladies lining the sidewalks have made it almost impossible for me to catch a glimpse of myself.
TVB

Re: Admit it, we are all narcissists.....

Post by TVB »

Tenchi wrote:How many of us look to the right when passing a merchant's plate glass window to admire how awesome we look? Dang fine, I would say. Not so good in heavy traffic, though.
I look best in heavy traffic. By comparison.
CWO4GUNNER

Post by CWO4GUNNER »

Of course when I was young, single, and handsome with a 28 inch waist and 54 inch chest I was super vain and did my fair share of mistakes when it comes to a woman's feelings and an other man's envy. But now that Im old and bent I realize I had it all wrong. Now I wear my cloths until they are rags and drive ugly cars. One neighbor summed up the whole concept when she asked me "why do you bare to be seen driving that old beat up 1981 pickup truck with the off color fender, faded scratched up body, dressed like a vagabond" . Answer, becasue I get respect, no one steals from me, parks next to me, and the rich always give me the right of way both driving and on foot, only the meek and poor give me the time of day and I find them quite genuine.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Hwarang wrote:Sometimes I also glance down at my shadow on the road.
Did that on the way to work today. Looked MUCH better than the reflection in the window.
so tough, so pink
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Like this?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

still shifting wrote:My favorite bumper sticker; Only You can prevent narcissism!
^^^ Totally awesome!

Me? I never look in the window...going to fast to find the time :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

There is a rumor that 'some one' puts them on SUVs locally... But nobody can prove nothin! R
izark47

Post by izark47 »

Ok i admit it, I like to look at my shadow under the street lights on on my 20 mile 1:30 am commute, I guess I am not the one to stop narcissism.
boredgamelad

Post by boredgamelad »

There's a great reflective office window facing the street at a 45 degree angle as I leave work. I get a long, clear look at myself looking fabulous on my Buddy on my way home every day. 8)
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ lookin good is one thing...but lookin' FAABYOULUS takes it to a whole new level :wink:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I look like a bear riding a bicycle when I'm on the Buddy so I try not to catch those glimpses of myself :lol:
+1

:(
Riding is riding
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

Sometimes I'll wear skirts/dresses that will flutter when I ride so when I look at myself I can imagine I'm in an old movie riding a scoot through Europe. My scooter rides are fun as is, but they get even more fun when I pretend I managed to scoot through time/space. :oops:

When I ride two up with my best friend, we get dressed up kind of cute and wave with ferocity at anyone that looks our way. I'm still not convinced that life is NOT the Mia-parade :wink:
<b><i>Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads</b></i>
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ I have a sr500 single cylinder motorcycle as well, and on just the right road lined with trees, I can have my own Isle of Man roadrace fantasy, so I know whatcha mean! :)

I"ll wave back as I see you going the other way, wondering how you got on my racetrack .
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

viney266 wrote:
still shifting wrote:My favorite bumper sticker; Only You can prevent narcissism!
^^^ Totally awesome!

Me? I never look in the window...going to fast to find the time :)

Ah $#!+ you took my line.... :evil:
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Isn't it a real bitch when you bring your significant other along for the ride and you pass one of those reflective windows and all of a sudden your forced to decide which of the three gets the more of your attention.

You? Other? Scoot?

Or you pass a window turn your head to gaze and find there are to many people walking by blocking your view.It sucks cause your forced to go around the block and try again.

:P
Aerosmith, None Other.
Hwarang

Post by Hwarang »

mia_mali wrote:Sometimes I'll wear skirts/dresses that will flutter when I ride so when I look at myself I can imagine I'm in an old movie riding a scoot through Europe. My scooter rides are fun as is, but they get even more fun when I pretend I managed to scoot through time/space. :oops:

When I ride two up with my best friend, we get dressed up kind of cute and wave with ferocity at anyone that looks our way. I'm still not convinced that life is NOT the Mia-parade :wink:
lol, I think similar thoughts. If I dress up juuuuust right, I might actually be warped into a real life Roman Holiday. I am, at the very least, guilty of color matching my attire to my scoot on sunny days.
"Limitations are the soil from which creativity grows." - Zeldman
"All that glitters is not golden" - Shakespeare
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer ..." - Dune
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Just couldn't help myself...
Attachments
work now.JPG
work now.JPG (45.87 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Hwarang wrote:
mia_mali wrote:Sometimes I'll wear skirts/dresses that will flutter when I ride so when I look at myself I can imagine I'm in an old movie riding a scoot through Europe. My scooter rides are fun as is, but they get even more fun when I pretend I managed to scoot through time/space. :oops:

lol, I think similar thoughts. If I dress up juuuuust right, I might actually be warped into a real life Roman Holiday. I am, at the very least, guilty of color matching my attire to my scoot on sunny days.
Hwarang beat me to it. Go watch that movie if you haven't.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

CWO4GUNNER wrote:Of course when I was young, single, and handsome with a 28 inch waist and 54 inch chest I was super vain and did my fair share of mistakes when it comes to a woman's feelings and an other man's envy. But now that Im old and bent I realize I had it all wrong. Now I wear my cloths until they are rags and drive ugly cars. One neighbor summed up the whole concept when she asked me "why do you bare to be seen driving that old beat up 1981 pickup truck with the off color fender, faded scratched up body, dressed like a vagabond" . Answer, becasue I get respect, no one steals from me, parks next to me, and the rich always give me the right of way both driving and on foot, only the meek and poor give me the time of day and I find them quite genuine.
drive it til the wheel fall off Gunner. 8)
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."