Couple 4 stroke Stella questions

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

birdmove

Couple 4 stroke Stella questions

Post by birdmove »

Just wondering what speed the new Stellas can reliably cruise at? Will they do 50 mph (I'm 5'9" and about 180 pounds)? From what I'm reaading here, cruising range seems to be arout 75 miles between fuelups?

Thanks, Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

I'm 6' & 175 lbs. Mine will do 60-65 on the speedo easily....
Android GPS Speedometer says 53-57 mph at the Genuine needle marks..
good luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

About 80 miles in is a good time to get fuel.
Mine goes from completely full to empty (sputtering out of gas) in about 100 miles. And it only takes just over 1 gallon to fill, so do not be fooled but the claimed 1.4 gallon tank size..
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

I'm 6 '1 190 and still breaking it in,
for cruising? yes. the 4 Stroke will do 50 mph very comfortably. perhaps a little too comfortably- I keep saying - "No no! not so fast! I wanna take it easy!" but she'll sneak up there every time if you don't keep your eye on the spedo.
I easily go 90 miles between fillups - but I switch to the reserve everytime.
I have never ended up running her bone dry- BUT I have also never even put a full gallon in there- the most was exactly 0.87 gallons.
I know it'll hold more than .9 gallons and I have a feeling it's more than 1 gallon too.
I personally will need some scientific data to disprove the 1.4 gallon tank the manufacturers claim.
something tells me LML used a little more reliable filling methods than the high pressure fillers at the cheap gas king soopers gas station I go to.
maybe someday I'll do a science experiment with my 4T to confirm/deny the tank size
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

Lovelandstella wrote: I personally will need some scientific data to disprove the 1.4 gallon tank the manufacturers claim.
something tells me LML used a little more reliable filling methods than the high pressure fillers at the cheap gas king soopers gas station I go to.
maybe someday I'll do a science experiment with my 4T to confirm/deny the tank size
I already did it. From full to the brim tank to run out of gas while on reserve - 100 miles. It took 1.1 gallons to fill it back up.
Was there another .3 gallons left in the tank after I ran out of gas? Doesn't matter as the bike can't access it...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

desmolicious wrote:Was there another .3 gallons left in the tank after I ran out of gas? Doesn't matter as the bike can't access it...
This seems to be the case with a lot of vehicles. With the Stella, particularly, I have "run out" of gas despite there still being some in the tank. Enough to see and slosh a little.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

ericalm wrote:
desmolicious wrote:Was there another .3 gallons left in the tank after I ran out of gas? Doesn't matter as the bike can't access it...
This seems to be the case with a lot of vehicles. With the Stella, particularly, I have "run out" of gas despite there still being some in the tank. Enough to see and slosh a little.
Annoying, huh?
:wink:
Silver Streak

Post by Silver Streak »

I'm guessing it's because the pickup tube in the fuel tap assembly doesn't reach all the way into the deepest part of the tank. That may actually be deliberate to avoid sucking up sediment.

Wonder if the tube can be bent to reach deeper?
Dave

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Dammmnnn ... the guys are getting taller as this thread builds.... ok...now who's 6-3 or higher???
J H
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

Im 6' 2.5" :P
But my 4t ISN'T HERE yet... So I cannot speak to mileage...
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

xTomBx wrote:Im 6' 2.5" :P
But my 4t ISN'T HERE yet... So I cannot speak to mileage...
What color are you waiting on? Do they have any in stock in other colors?
J H
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

Avocado, my dealer has no Stellas in stock.
Its paid off, and i've been waiting since March. I don't blame my dealer, and i'm willing to wait in order to get exactly what I want.
Doesn't make it any less frustrating though!
listless

StellaWait Support group

Post by listless »

XTomBx -- you are not alone. My dealer has never received even one Stella.

Since Late March I have read about everything posted here and on StellaSpeed, taken the motorcycle safety course, cleaned out the garage, acquired a helmet for all 4 members of the family, cowl protectors, used BBQ rear rack, used front rack with spotlight, a number of stickers destined for my scoot and a personalized plate from the state of Massachusetts (waiting at the RMV)...

Waiting, waiting, waiting...I was given promising news earlier this month, but that has also seemed not to pan out.

Frustrating, but my blue 4T with sidecar will be worth it...I'm sure of it.