Buddy 50 second air cleaner assembly situation

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fiddlefan

Buddy 50 second air cleaner assembly situation

Post by fiddlefan »

The plastic fitting for the tube atop the second air cleaner assy. broke-off somehow and I was wondering how it would affect the scooter if I plugged-up the bottom tube that initially goes into the assy. with a bolt till I get a new unit in. Would it hurt the engine at all to unplug it and would re-jetting be necessary?

For a parts diagram of the part in question, go here...
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy50muffler

Here's a photo of the broken part attached to the scooter, which is the part I need should anyone have one not in-use...

Thanks!
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I took mine off, no rejetting needed.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

jasondavis48108 wrote:I took mine off, no rejetting needed.
Thanks, Jason! I sent you a p.m. BTW, do you still have the part or did you toss-it-out like most people do?
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

fiddlefan wrote:
jasondavis48108 wrote:I took mine off, no rejetting needed.
Thanks, Jason! I sent you a p.m. BTW, do you still have the part or did you toss-it-out like most people do?
yup, I tossed it.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid