Scooter wont start

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bjj4287

Scooter wont start

Post by bjj4287 »

My buddy 150 has been working fine, but earlier today i think i might have overfilled the gas tank. Whenever i try to kick start it wont start and gas is leaking out of the side. Any advice on what i should o?
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

can you locate where the gas is coming from? there is a hose on the side of the carb not connected to anything, if it is leaking from there I'm going to say stuck carb float.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Does that year have a evaporation canister? Overfilling the tank can bog those down.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Is gas leaking out of the right side just above the exhaust? If so, it is just overflow. Is there a reason you are kick starting and not using the electric starter? The electric will probably get it going. Kicking will be tougher. Once it is started you just need to ride it for a while and burn off gas. (Or you can syphon some out). You'll probably bog down here and there on the ride as gas splashes around into the overflow. Especially going uphill. Eventually the gas level will lower and any overflow will evaporate and you'll be back to normal. I've done it a few times before myself. Just take care to leave an inch to spare when filling up in the future.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |