Modern Buddy -- Change in Ownership

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jess

Modern Buddy -- Change in Ownership

Post by jess »

All,

Effective today, Modern Buddy will be changing hands. It's clear to me (and has been clear to me for a while now) that I've got too many things on my plate to continue to give Modern Buddy the support it needs and deserves.

MB's own Eric Almendral has agreed to take ownership of the site. Eric has been an active moderator here for some time and has demonstrated to me his interest in Modern Buddy's continued well being. I trust Eric to carry on, and know he will be a more active owner here than I have been.

Over the coming days and months, Eric and I will be ironing out the transfer of the various parts of MB to his control. Hopefully, the transition will go smoothly and painlessly with minimal interruption to the forum and the community.

If you have any questions, please ask them here in this thread. Alternately, you may PM either myself or Eric.

Cheers,
Jess
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

Jess, thanks for starting this great resource up! It has been invaluable. Best to you in your other endeavors.

Eric, thanks in advance for taking the reins!

-jetboy
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Thanks, Jess,

[Here comes my acceptance speech...]

Just so everyone knows, I'm not planning on making any drastic changes to the site. The policies and operation of ModernBuddy will remain the same. Short term priority #1 is getting the new forums up and the content placed in them.

I know a lot of ideas have been floating or percolating for improving the site. Feel free to PM me. Once things settle a bit and some of the particulars are squared away I'll definitely be soliciting input for how we can better serve the MB community, attract new members, and encourage greater participation.

Thanks to the other moderators for their continued efforts and to all the members for making this such a great forum.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Thanks Jess for your vision in starting this forum.

Your hands are pretty full with that crowd at Modern Vespa. I'll see you over there from time to time.

WHOOP!!! WHOOP!!!

GO ERIC!!!
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Thanks for taking that on Eric, and thanks for all the hard work you've done for us Jess.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Congrats Eric!

Jess, you started 2 great forums and 1 soaks up all your time. You did a good thing passing it on to an impassioned support of the site!
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
scootntattoos

Post by scootntattoos »

ive only been a member for a very short time here, but already the information shared by everyone on this forum has become invaluable.
so thanks jess! for the wonderful MB
and congrats to you eric!
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Does this mean that I can have an avatar again?

Dave
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ScooterDave wrote:Does this mean that I can have an avatar again?

Dave
ericalm wrote:The policies and operation of ModernBuddy will remain the same.
Until, that is, the Star Council is assembled at midnight under a full moon and the matter is decided. :twisted:
Last edited by ericalm on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
smorris

Post by smorris »

Congratulations, Eric!

And thanks, Jess for gettting this place up and running.

Eric, I'll PM you the Member Map info, although I've been pretty good at keeping up on it. I don't think Jess has had to log in for anything all this time.

I look forward to seeing what changes occur. I'd think real hard about getting too wild with too many forums. That was one thing Jess has been adamant about, and it has worked out for the best. Too many separate the community and leave questions in specific forums unanswered by people who may know but don't visit each forum. For instance, I was in the MP3 forum the other day, and saw several members I'd never seen in the general MV forums. It is almost like a separate place altogether. Same thing happened on a WRX forum I visit.

We just revamped the staff and regulations over at urbanscootin, and went through several ideas for rules. If interested, I can send some options your way.

Again, thanks both Eric and Jess for the continued support of Modern Buddy!

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Wow! I just came home from a trip and got the great news! Giant kudos to you Eric! W007!

Here's to the new and improved Modern Buddy!

Thanks again to our esteemed founder, Jess.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Thanks to both Jess and Eric!

I'm looking forward to see what's in store down the road... :D
AgentKestrel

Post by AgentKestrel »

How is it an Apilia owner hangs out on a Buddy site. Hmm, let me think about that. I know, THIS SITE ROCKS!! Nuf said.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Must be tough to let your child sprout wings Jess! Or are you kicking it out of the nest? :D Thanks again for starting up such a great site back when we couldn't even talk about accessories.....because there weren't any!

Congrats Mr. Calm! (or is it Mr. Alm?) Let us know if we can be of assistance! Not that I'm going to help...but you may feel better letting letting us know! :rofl:

And finally... Damn!! do I have great suck up timing or what!!!!! topic2306.html

NotDavid
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyRaton wrote:Congrats Mr. Calm! (or is it Mr. Alm?) Let us know if we can be of assistance! Not that I'm going to help...but you may feel better letting letting us know! :rofl:
It's neither, but thanks. ;)
bicyclerider

Post by bicyclerider »

Jess and Eric,
thank you for working this out and keepin' your peeps informed.

You will do a fine job Eric!
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

No more need to kiss Jess' behind ...

See Ya Suckahhhhh!

:lol: Just kiddin ya Jess! Thanks for all you do at MV and for setting up such a great forum here.

-Mark
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BlueMark wrote:No more need to kiss Jess' behind ...
That's right—a whole new behind to kiss around here. Now get to it.

:twisted:
AgentKestrel

Post by AgentKestrel »

ericalm wrote:
BlueMark wrote:No more need to kiss Jess' behind ...
That's right—a whole new behind to kiss around here. Now get to it.

:twisted:
Hmm,I'm not used to this "kissing behinds" here, remindes me too much of work. Would you settle with "I'm thinking of you guys?".

anyhoo, congrates Eric!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Honestly, any behind kissing or brown nosing would be a waste of time and would more likely annoy me.

I do, however, respond well to sincere adulation and bribery. Nothing as gauche as cash... But I might like a PS3, Wii, vintage scoot in good running condition, use of a vacation home, Audi A3, garage remodel, landscaping, selection of fine wines, gift cards, gourmet chocolates or a generous donation in my name to the charity or nonprofit of my choice.

In exchange, I'll change your rank from "Member" to "Hall of Famer" or bestow some other title on you such as "Earl of Blurdom."
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

(kissing ericalm's a@@, ...now that would be an all day project...)

OOPS....Did I say that out loud? :oops:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyRaton wrote:(kissing ericalm's a@@, ...now that would be an all day project...)

OOPS....Did I say that out loud? :oops:
Oh, you've seen it! :?
JeremyZ

Post by JeremyZ »

"A man's got to know his limitations."
-Dirty Harry

Thanks for admitting that you can't do it all Jess. Maybe I'll see you over at MV once in a while?