FINALLY, I got it!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AWinn6889

FINALLY, I got it!!

Post by AWinn6889 »

BF had to drive it home...

Then I took it around our culdesack a couple times!

Funny thing is, Rocco, the father of the young man that runs the Vespa dealership, was the one who came out and talked to us about the scoot, showed us all of the buttons and such. Peter had actually forgotten that he had already met us when he showed us the BlackJack... which is still there by the way.
Anyway, he was late having it ready, waited until the last second to go to the DMV a half mile down the road, but I think his father was a large influence in everything being done today (finally!)... they really didn't want to have to give me all of my money back.

So off I go, back out to my culdesack to ride around a bit before the bf and I make a trip over to my job, and bank.

Have a wonderful day everyone, I know I will!
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

Only one word is necessary:

YAY!
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

Congrats!

Hope you can make it to one of the CDSMC rides. There's one planned for Mt Greylock on Sunday (which I can't make), but others are planned. Although, if you haven't been back on 2 wheels for a while it's probably best to break-in both you and your bike.
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

CONGRATS! nothing like that excited, grinning first ride . . . though i have to say the excitement never really fades :)
Lil Buddy

Re: FINALLY, I got it!!

Post by Lil Buddy »

AWinn6889 wrote:Friday, 9/30, noon.
What do you bet I get some new excuse...!?
I'll bet an envelope full of cash you get it today!
Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

Yessssssssssss! Awesome!

Funny you mention Rocco......Here's my story....

When we went to test drive our 150 Pamplona thru a private sale in Clifton Park, it was leaking oil after the drive around the block.....I asked the guy selling it why. he said he had changed the oil, but that it had been leaking recently and he took it to Rocco to look it over before selling. He said all seemed ok and didn't know why it was still leaking.

I called Rocco on the spot to ask about the scoot. He remembered exactly the guy selling the scoot even by name.....but couldn't really remember anything about the scoot. Just repeated this. "just bring it in".....

I asked "did it seem in good shape?" engine wise since you looked at it? I'm about to BUY IT.

"just bring it in".....

I called my shop in Boston, Mass. Scoots go green. Told him the story. Steve said if it sounds and runs great..doesn't cut out and idles fine etc....it's probably not a big deal. Not much goes wrong with these scoots.

What was it? The side oil drain plug wasn't tight.....it was FINGER tight.

Not a problem since. A $1600.00 dollar 150cc Pamplona!

Ok.....sorry to hijack......I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED THAT YOU GOT YOUR BABY! Just thinking about the dealer I was about to get my first 160.00 service from. ;)

You still have plenty of ride time......and the weather is gonna be nice next week....cross our fingers!

Wooooooooohoooooooooooooo!
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Thanks everyone!
I have a couple more pictures to share! :)

It's soooo sparkly!

Had to make it mine. Next, fuscia LED strips on the back end.

My little weenie Hot Dog Charlie chillin on the seat ....he wasn't really sure what to do on there.

Ended up putting 55-ish miles on it today! The weather for the next couple of days is supposed to be crappy, but next week I hope to ride it every day!
I am so happy, and so much less stressed out!
Syd

Post by Syd »

You need to change your sig line.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Nice! safe riding.

love the skull.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Syd wrote:You need to change your sig line.
I see you did. :)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Congratulations!!!!! How do you put the pictures up? I'd like to put pics of my scoot but I don't know how. (I prefer the term "computerly challenged")
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Indeed I did!

I still have to put my rear rack on there also. I didn't want to bother today since it was so beautiful out. So I will probably be doing that Sunday while it's raining. Hoping to pick up the LEDs tonight or Sunday morning also... so that should be coming together soon as well. I will keep the pictures coming as I get things done.
My bf is going to put together some wiring harnesses to get the dead lights working as running/turn signals when he has some spare time as well.
Surprisingly he had a great time riding it, he loved how light it was compared to his Harley. But, he did look like a gorilla on a unicycle, and there was barely enough room for his feet on the foot board. I don't see him taking it out just for funsies anytime soon. But we had a blast riding together all afternoon! The seat on the Buddy is so much more comfortable than the back of the Harley :mrgreen:
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Drum Pro wrote:Congratulations!!!!! How do you put the pictures up? I'd like to put pics of my scoot but I don't know how. (I prefer the term "computerly challenged")
I've uploaded all of them to my facebook and copied the image URL for them.
If you don't have FB you can use imageshack, or other photo hosting sites.
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

Alright!
Nice scoot, nice weenie too! :)

We are a lil dog, scootin' household as well...
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

xTomBx wrote:Alright!
Nice scoot, nice weenie too! :)

We are a lil dog, scootin' household as well...
Well, we also have a big fluffy 70 pound, shedding machine.. she's a Basenji Shephard mix, and her name is Zimt (German for Cinnamon) or Zimi... she's just a little too big (and, well, dumb) to try to plop onto the Buddy's seat :P

AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

HowHH wrote:Congrats!

Hope you can make it to one of the CDSMC rides. There's one planned for Mt Greylock on Sunday (which I can't make), but others are planned. Although, if you haven't been back on 2 wheels for a while it's probably best to break-in both you and your bike.
I would go, but the weather is supposed to be crappy. Also, tomorrow I am working in Clifton Park, then going straight to my mom's birthday party thing at my sister's house in Coeymans, THEN my friend Jess's birthday party at his house in Schenectady! I won't be home until real late, and I don't want to go on such a long ride already being tired.
Last edited by AWinn6889 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Congratulations!
Attachments
BuddySkulliton.JPG
BuddySkulliton.JPG (47.01 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

WOO HOO!!! Congrats, and quite a pretty picture you have on there :) (and the scooter is pretty kick ass too :P )

Keep the shiny side up. And remember, Silver is the fastest colour.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Thanks everyone!

Here's another delightful picture, my wonderful friend Travis sitting on the new scoot while we visited him at his tattoo shop earlier. Two of the other artists and a couple of the customers came outside to check it out, now they ALL want one! Even a few passers by were like "woah, that's so cool!"

viney266

Post by viney266 »

Nice to see you got your ride :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
SuperFlyBuddy

Post by SuperFlyBuddy »

Congrats!

Now what is the orange & white sticker on the side of the front fender?
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

SuperFlyBuddy wrote:Congrats!

NYS Inspection sticker.
If it was something I could take off and move somewhere else, I would. It's ugly and annoying... but whatever. Another reason to leave NY!
mrandmrslindholm

Post by mrandmrslindholm »

Congratulations and have fun!
SuperFlyBuddy

Post by SuperFlyBuddy »

AWinn6889 wrote: NYS Inspection sticker.
If it was something I could take off and move somewhere else, I would. It's ugly and annoying... but whatever. Another reason to leave NY!
Oh, eww, that sucks. Seems lame to have to pay for an inspection on a brand new vehicle. Where I live there is only emissions testing on gasoline cars and trucks less then 26 years old. But on a brand new car or truck you don't have to get tested because it's a given that a brand new vehicle is going to pass testing. You just have to test it when you renew the registration which is four years on a brand new vehicle then every two after that, but only on gasoline cars and trucks. My scoot is on year two of four (since I bought it new) but under current law will never have to pass emissions testing.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

SuperFlyBuddy wrote: Oh, eww, that sucks. Seems lame to have to pay for an inspection on a brand new vehicle. Where I live there is only emissions testing on gasoline cars and trucks less then 26 years old. But on a brand new car or truck you don't have to get tested because it's a given that a brand new vehicle is going to pass testing. You just have to test it when you renew the registration which is four years on a brand new vehicle then every two after that, but only on gasoline cars and trucks. My scoot is on year two of four (since I bought it new) but under current law will never have to pass emissions testing.
In NY, all vehicles are inspected every single year.

In addition to that, motorcycles must be re-registered every single year in April. Doesn't matter when you buy your bike, or when it is originally registered, it must be done IN APRIL, EVERY YEAR. When May finally rolls around the cops pretty much hunt down motorcyclists because chances are they haven't re-registered their bikes yet (especially since our weather doesn't even start to get nice until June!).
It's horrible. But NYS has been a mess ever since I can remember, this state is so far into debt that the former Governor tried to force EVERYONE into buying new license plates for their vehicles last year. He said that "The Super Intendent of the NYS Police has conducted a study, and the white and blue plates have failed to show that they are reflective enough for them to be easily identified for law enforcement officials" (or something along those lines). The NEW (absolutely hideous) Gold plates were $25 a pop, and NY is a two plate state.
Thankfully, my car didn't need to be re-registered until AFTER his statement about the Super Intendent was proven a LIE and a scheme to take more money from NY citizens. It was found that there is indeed nothing wrong with the white and blue plates. HOWEVER, if you purchase a new vehicle, and do not pay to keep your current plate (which is like $17 or something) you must pay for new plates still (which has gone down to like $46 for both of them).

If you don't know, as of a few years ago, New York State citizens are the highest taxed people in the modern world. In the last few years people have been leaving the state in droves because all the government wants to do to fix the budget/economy here is INSTATE MORE TAXES. Now they are changing the rules and fees at the DMV, and other state offices, to suck out as much money as possible from everyone's pockets. It's insane, and I would have already left had I decided to attend college elsewhere. So two more years of this garbage, then I'm out.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Wanted to add, since I just realized this last night....

My scooter was registered to the wrong address, after I had previously reminded, and discussed my concerns with the dealer (Peter) several times. I asked him to refer to the original invoice, sent him my exact address in an e-mail on more than one occasion, and provided a copy of my new motorcycle permit/license with my current address on it in addition to that. Also, my current address is printed clearly on my insurance cards that were faxed to him MONDAY.
Now I have to go to the DMV and PAY to have the address changed to my current address.

Awesome.

Oh one more thing... I had asked him a few weeks ago why the shipping for my 170i was $150 more than what the shipping charge for the BlackJack was, because it obviously wasn't for expedited shipping, and he replied "I don't know, shipping rates go up." Well guess what, gas has gone DOWN more than 50 cents since the BlackJack was delivered to the dealership so the shipping charges should have been LESS.
So I was told, in order to have the 170i delivered I needed to PAY IN FULL BEFORE IT WAS ORDERED, not a deposit, not a down payment.. PAY IN FULL. Despite my concern that he was just trying to rip me off and waste my time, I was never offered any kind of compensation or even a discount on a helmet or other gear (not that I need it). I paid MSRP for the scooter no questions asked, all of the ridiculous fees on top of that, it ended up being more than $4600, and my check was cashed TWO DAYS after I gave it to them... and this was the quality of service that I received.
Last edited by AWinn6889 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

It would seem that you were low balled by that dealer. I wouldn't want to take my business back there. Is there any other place you can take your scoot? I can't believe that you ended up paying almost $600. more for your scoot than I did for mine, when we have the same model. The sales tax and fees in N.Y. can't be that much more than California's. I can see why you where so angry!!!!
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Doesn't the dealer get a tax write off if they give a free helmet? At least that what Mike at NOHO scooters said when I bought mine.....
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I will be riding it 3 hours down state to Hudson Valley scooters for it's first service. After that I will be taking care of it myself.
Even if I have to rent a truck and bring the Buddy down to NYC, CT or Boston, I will be happier to do that than bring it back to Vespa Schdy/Anca's.

I'm not really sure about the tax write-off. Could be different for NY.. idk. But there was a really nice half-ish kind of 3/4-y helmet there that was silver with black racing stripes, and a nice half face shield that would have matched perfect. Oh well though.

After sending Peter an e-mail this morning saying at the end that there is no need for further contact, he called me 3 times, left 1 voicemail, then started talking to me on Google Chat/G-mail. He's acting like I broke up with him, "I don't understand what I did wrong, please take me back" sort of thing. VERY unprofessional.
(Not to mention the 1:30am phone call that I received a few weeks ago... oh wait, I just mentioned it.)
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Figured I'd share with the other ladies here in the community.. (especially those on the shorter side :P )

Got these little lovelies in the mail yesterday. They are technically "hiking" boots, but they have a nice 2-2.5" chunky heel on them with some pretty hefty tread on the soles. If you couldn't tell from my pictures above, I still couldn't sit flat footed on the Buddy in my normal boots, and I feel a little more comfortable having some kind of heel on the ground. These are extremely comfy, and provide a decent amount of ankle support. But most importantly, they are really cute with leggings, boot cut, or skinny jeans.. I am actually wearing them at work today to break them in.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

AWinn6889 wrote:Indeed I did!

But, he did look like a gorilla on a unicycle, and there was barely enough room for his feet on the foot board. I don't see him taking it out just for funsies anytime soon. But we had a blast riding together all afternoon! The seat on the Buddy is so much more comfortable than the back of the Harley :mrgreen:
At 6'4.5" and 230#, I know how he feels and looks. :)
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Stilts wrote: At 6'4.5" and 230#, I know how he feels and looks. :)
Yeah he's a little over 6' and about 215lbs (I think) so you're about the same size.

I took the scoot over to my parents' house yesterday to let them have a look, and my dad was very impressed. When I had originally sent him the stock pictures from Genuine's site, he thought it was "horribly small, you wouldn't be safe on that thing around here!" So he was delightfully surprised to see that it isn't that much smaller than the Harley.
He's still worried that I'll be hurt on it, but for some reason he doesn't seem to remember my experience on various sized dirt bikes, my own four wheeler that was also a cvt auto, fuel injected and such. As long as his mind is partially at ease about the size of the Buddy.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

AWinn6889 wrote:

NYS Inspection sticker.
Pa will have you have someone 'slap' one on there too.....
I just ignore it!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

Congrats on the scooter! Seems like you're already having a blast on it.
AWinn6889 wrote:ImageGot these little lovelies in the mail yesterday. They are technically "hiking" boots...
As a hiker, these things make me cringe. They look great for scooting, though. In Japan, it isn't uncommon to see girls hiking in heels, but it really isn't the best for your feet, ankles, or safety. This reminds me of that. This company would rake in a fortune there, if they haven't already :D
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

AWinn6889 wrote: In NY, all vehicles are inspected every single year.
Same in MANY states...
AWinn6889 wrote:The NEW (absolutely hideous) Gold plates were $25 a pop, and NY is a two plate state.
The blue on gold (yellow) plates are reminiscent of what were on NY cars when I was a 'kid', I like them.... :P

Current Pa plates look too similar to the 'older' NY plates, It's starting to seriously 'cheese' me off that I frequently get stopped in your part of NY, in Bennington, Vt and on Long Island, where I go regularly for not having front plates, not the thing in Pa. :roll:
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Congrats!!! I just got mine on the 16th of last month and I love it. Post photos of your LED strips, I was thinking about putting extra lights on mine but wasn't sure where or how yet.

And for what it's worth... my parents kind of did the same thing. My dad rode motorcycles when he was younger and he ended up being most against the idea of me scooting full time, favoring my safety- but I got the buddy anyway, and they not so secretly like it. Dad asked me if he could use it to get his motorcycle classification back, and mom wants to try driving it once, lolol

Those are sweet looking boots and they look warm as hell... but I have large calves and wide feet, I doubt they would fit me. I have two pairs that have a half-inch heel and that seems to be enough for me (sn: Idk how tall you are, but I'm only 5'3.5" and the half inch lets me almost flat foot)

You live in NY... are you scooting full time? What gear do you have to keep warm?
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

@ jonlink. In a hiking sense I would agree with you, I spend a good deal of time hiking and I would NEVER wear these for that, that's what real hiking boots are for! For riding, these suckers are perfect.

@ KABarash. I can see how the new plates are reminiscent of the old ones, but they are just ugly. The old ones were way better. Something about the colors just being a little bit different maybe.. who knows.
Cops around here are total jerks about the 2 plate thing, so I'm not surprised that you get pulled over frequently for it. My bf resorted to gluing super-strong magnets to the back of his front plate (and coating it in Plasti-dip, to protect the paint), and on the inside of his bumper, that way the plate can just come off when we take the car to shows, and there aren't any marks or anything left on the paint.

@ LunaP. I am 5' 1.75" short. So these heels make up for the difference between my height and yours :P I also have wide calves and feet, size 8.5-9 shoes for someone my size is just odd in my opinion lol. I used to play lacrosse, soccer, and I was a rower so I've got some pretty muscular legs. I even have to have special personal fit women's ski boots to fit my calves, the other ones all cut off my circulation. I do live in NY, and I am not scooting full time. Too much rain, and I'm not good with frigid temperatures for long periods of time. If I could get away with wearing all of my ski gear maybe, but I don't think I can make my bike jacket fit all of the other layers I would need underneath it. Once the snow starts to fall, the scoot is likely going away for the winter.
Anyway, the attached picture shows where I plan on putting the LEDs. I'm lucky that I have a super smart computer/software engineer to take care of the wiring for me... or at least explain why things need to go where to make it work! But I will definitely be taking pictures as I put it on there, and try my best to describe what I did, so others can use any info they may find helpful.
Attachments
where to put the LEDs.jpg
where to put the LEDs.jpg (81.93 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

That's gonna look good! Unfortunately, VA has some weird regulations stipulating where we can and cannot put extra lights- I basically have to stick to the front and back. o.0
Akaipaps

Post by Akaipaps »

So glad to see your new scoot! Looks great! :D
Green Buddy's are the luckiest!
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

LunaP wrote:That's gonna look good! Unfortunately, VA has some weird regulations stipulating where we can and cannot put extra lights- I basically have to stick to the front and back. o.0
I'm sure NY does too... but I don't really care. If I'm going to be more visible to other drivers then good, pull me over for being more visible! So far the only thing I've heard of other motorcyclists getting pulled over for is underglow, nothing for any other additional lights. As long as the additional lights are not pointing towards the ground (I think) I should be okay.
I might also get an additional LED brake light and turn signals for the rear because after putting on my rear rack, and bungee-ing my "locker-sized" milk crate to it today, the turn signals and brake light are in shadow. I will have to have my bf sit on it and play with the lights for me to actually see and decide what I want to do. If I do though, they will probably be mounted ON the crate itself, and plug in only when I need the crate on there. Oh, and I will post a picture tomorrow with the rack and everything on there if anyone is interested.

@Akaipaps, thanks! I'm glad to finally be seeing it home instead of at a shop! :)
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Oh, and I'm still trying to come up with a good name for the scoot.

I've never been good at naming things, I had my little weenie for 2 weeks before he had a name. I just called him "little weenie" for a while, but people gave me weird looks when I took him for walks. So he became "Hot Dog Charlie," which is the name of a local hot dog joint. Technically, the AKC doesn't allow for such silly names, so he was registered as "Sir Charles" :P

EDIT:
I am thinking "Serenity" after the ship from one of my favorite (however, short-lived) sci-fi shows, Firefly.
...or Malcolm. He was the captain of the Serenity, played by Nathan Fillion (currently known for his role as Richard Castle, in "Castle").

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty!"

If you're bored (like I am at work right now..) you can read about it, here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(Firefly_vessel)
^Copy and Paste. The interwebs don't seem to like the parentheses.
Last edited by AWinn6889 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

AWinn6889 wrote:

NYS Inspection sticker.
Even in NY the inspection sticker does not have to be there. You can see in my pic that the sticker is on the rear part of the fender. It's pretty inconspicuous there. Less so than if stuck on the shock (where they put in sometimes on a motorcycle). Plus, I wouldn't want to cover up those nice NCY shocks. The inspection is only $6. Probably worth it to get a new sticker where you want it.
Attachments
IMAG0059.jpg
IMAG0059.jpg (115.38 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

HowHH wrote: Even in NY the inspection sticker does not have to be there. You can see in my pic that the sticker is on the rear part of the fender. It's pretty inconspicuous there. Less so than if stuck on the shock (where they put in sometimes on a motorcycle). Plus, I wouldn't want to cover up those nice NCY shocks. The inspection is only $6. Probably worth it to get a new sticker where you want it.
Hmm... the only thing is that I don't want it going back to Anca's for an inspection, do you know any other local places that would do that for me?
Or perhaps with my nails being as long as they are right now, I could sacrifice a few and peel it off and re-stick it myself? I've done it in my car a few times, but that's peeling off of glass, not painted plastic.
...Peter likely put it there because he knew it would bug me. Just sayin'.
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

AWinn6889 wrote:Hmm... the only thing is that I don't want it going back to Anca's for an inspection, do you know any other local places that would do that for me?
You can get your scooter inspected at any shop that does a motorcycle inspection. Often they are just regular garages and not motorcycle/scooter specific. Since your BF rides a Harley, you could take it there. Or do a search on the DMV site. You can drill down by county or zip and then specify motorcycle.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/facLookup/default.html

That's how I found a local garage.

Also, since you brought it up. I too found that the luggage rack with topbox obscured the brake/signal cluster. Inspired by MB member CWO4GUNNER's mod I cut off the rack's handgrab (allows the topbox to be mounted closer to the seat and center of gravity). I also straightened out the angle of the bend, somewhat. That allowed for better viewing of the rear lights. Check it out below.
Attachments
Modded rack.JPG
Modded rack.JPG (155.43 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
Modded side view.JPG
Modded side view.JPG (173.67 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Awesome HowHH, thanks!

I'll have to check if Spitzie's will do it, I love those guys.

I don't really want to mess with the rear rack too much, I had a hard enough time getting it on there, I have a feeling that it was bent/damaged in shipping. So I really don't want to take it off if I don't absolutely need to, ie. I would rather buy more lights or reflectors or something for it.

Another question for you, where on earth did you find reflective tape?! I have gone to Spitzie's, Broadway Choppers, Griffin's, Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace hardware, Walmart, Target, Michael's Arts and Crafts, and searched online, and I cannot find any for consumer sale that is less than 3 inches wide, or in strips more than 6 inches long.
The stuff on my old helmet is worn out, and my old helmet is technically no good since it's more than 5 years old (I now use it, along with the rest of my family's old helmets, for painting practice). I bought my original tape at Home Depot... but they don't have it anymore. I really would like to get a new roll for my two new helmets, my crate, and for the scoot itself.

...also, do you have the link for the CDSMC's page? I don't have it saved on this computer at work and I just thought to check out what's going on these days.
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

AWinn6889 wrote:Another question for you, where on earth did you find reflective tape?!

It's BlackMagic from Streetglo.

http://www.streetglo.net/reflective.mot ... e.kit.html

That stuff works great with a black scooter (barely shows in daylight) , but they have a variety of colored reflective tape. I also got some sheet material. Cuts easily with a straight edge and utility knife.

I think all the racks are off. I'm guessing they are not PGO. Even if you don't intend to mod it, a little "adjustment" with a rubber mallet gets things better lined up so you don't have to force it.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

HowHH wrote: I think all the racks are off. I'm guessing they are not PGO. Even if you don't intend to mod it, a little "adjustment" with a rubber mallet gets things better lined up so you don't have to force it.
That is pretty much what Tom (bf) did when I couldn't get it bolted on there myself.

Thanks for the link, I have a roll of 'white' (silver) tape on the way.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

AWinn6889 wrote:Oh, and I'm still trying to come up with a good name for the scoot.

I've never been good at naming things, I had my little weenie for 2 weeks before he had a name. I just called him "little weenie" for a while, but people gave me weird looks when I took him for walks. So he became "Hot Dog Charlie," which is the name of a local hot dog joint. Technically, the AKC doesn't allow for such silly names, so he was registered as "Sir Charles" :P

EDIT:
I am thinking "Serenity" after the ship from one of my favorite (however, short-lived) sci-fi shows, Firefly.
...or Malcolm. He was the captain of the Serenity, played by Nathan Fillion (currently known for his role as Richard Castle, in "Castle").

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty!"

If you're bored (like I am at work right now..) you can read about it, here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_(Firefly_vessel)
^Copy and Paste. The interwebs don't seem to like the parentheses.
ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!! Another Browncoat!!!!!

:mrgreen:

My wife has the BIGGEST crush on Cap'n Tight Pants...er.... Mal. I told her if she ends up having an extra marital affair with that man, I'm cool with it as long as I get a shot at rejection by Jewel Staite (aka Kaylee.... girl wrenches ROCK!)

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

neotrotsky wrote:ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!! Another Browncoat!!!!!

My wife has the BIGGEST crush on Cap'n Tight Pants...er.... Mal. I told her if she ends up having an extra marital affair with that man, I'm cool with it as long as I get a shot at rejection by Jewel Staite (aka Kaylee.... girl wrenches ROCK!)
YESSS!! I would happily take them BOTH :shock:

Also, I think it's funny how many dudes dig girls that know their way around any kind of motor vehicle. Whenever I tell people about how I work on my own stuff they're like "No, you don't, you couldn't... you're a GIRRRL." Haha.
Last edited by AWinn6889 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

AWinn6889 wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!! Another Browncoat!!!!!

YESSS!! I would happily take them BOTH :shock:
I swear, you and my wife are clones! Either that or are both telepathic.... then again, she won't get on a scooter. Yet. She says she's flying out to Amerivespa next year :roll: Although she's volunteered to drive a support truck if we decide to go that route.