Blew A Fuse

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Corsair

Blew A Fuse

Post by Corsair »

Soooo... yeah... kinda found out the hard way that the Buddy's 12v accessory port only has a 1 amp fuse :shock: and most of the auto parts shops around me only carry 2 amp fuses or higher. I ended up replacing the blown fuse with a 2 amp one (the Buddy's system should at least be able to take 1.5 amps with no damage)

I really don't know why they use such a small fuse???

Lesson:
Before you plug something bigger than a cell phone up to your scooter make sure it doesn't use more than 1 amp :wink: (even if it's a 12v device)
crashtestdummy

Fuse locations

Post by crashtestdummy »

Where is the fuse for the accessory port? I was looking at the wiring diagram in the parts figure pdf, and I only see the fuse my the battery.

I am curious since I want to connect my battery tender up to the accessory port. I still need to check the current output of my tender and check to see when the accessory port is hot.

Mike
crashtestdummy

Further Readin

Post by crashtestdummy »

Looks like this was already discussed on the viewtopic.php?t=2227&highlight=fuse thread (which I originated...)

Still curious where the fuse is located.

Mike
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

it's a very small black box/case near the horn marked "1A". it has a snap you have to open and the fuse is inside. if you follow the wires from the port you should see it. i'll post a pic later.
awfulshot

Post by awfulshot »

Thanks! I blew my fuse too and I couldn't find it till I saw this post. heres a pic for even easier findage.
Attachments
fuse
fuse
accessoryfuse.JPG (110.79 KiB) Viewed 683 times
-Travis