scooterworks -OK WITH ME

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

yeauxkneauxit

scooterworks -OK WITH ME

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

CHECK THE LAST POST

Won't order from them again. Paid for shipping 3-5 days. I just so happend to call them a few min ago to ask about when I might see some documentation a/b my order and when to expect. Quite possibly it was in route and I just didn't get the emails.

No- someone dropped the ball and they told me that they had to verify the part i ordered was correct and they were shipping it out today.

Seriously, it took 5 days to verify this? So instead of enhancing my shipping, they are waiving 12.00 for the shipping cost. Little something, but I'm more frustrated at the poor handling on the front end. I guess if I didn't call, they might still be verifying the part :roll:
Last edited by yeauxkneauxit on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

I'd take $12 to wait an extra 5 days.

Some of the parts they have to get from Genuine, then ship to you, which adds at least a week of lead time. If you needed the part urgently, you probably should have called and verified stock or seen if they could speed things up.

They've been good to me, even if they are a bit expensive. :)
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
yeauxkneauxit

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

You would make a great employee for them. :D

Part was electrical- they have to verify all electrical parts, b/c no return policy. Doesn't take 5 days to "verify" the appropriate part. Unless they are sending homing pigeons out and waiting for return flight.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ Its called being busy..People are human you know...I guess you are perfect in your job?

They ate the shipping, give them another chance...I worked in the motorcycle business for years. We weren't always perfect either, but we tried. I really think the average consumer these days is getting rediculous in their expectations of service. Sorry.

This is why I quit selling on ebay...People getting mad that I didn't ship the part the very next day ( I always shipped Monday when I was off work)...being ready to "report" me for not getting them a tracking number in less than 24 hours? REALLY? Come on now.

Sorry to rant, and its not all aimed at you...But they did eat the shipping, that means they made NO MONEY AT ALL on you more than likely...Does that mean anything to you?

And no...I don't work for them :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Tom

Post by Tom »

I think they are great! I can find everything I'm looking for in one place, even for the old scoots. Back when I was into classic motorcycles, it was damn near impossible just to find certain parts, and if you did you'd be ordering from LOTS of different places. I may be old, but I think it's amazing to do that kind of one stop shopping for such old vehicles.

Aside from that I've always had wonderful service from them. From sanity checking my goofy orders, to calls back when backordered stuff arrives, to free candy in the box.

Seriously, if that was your first order, it's worth trying them again. It's not like your complaint is something commonly heard.

Forgive me for asking, but did you let them know you were dissatisfied BEFORE you went to complain on the net? I would tend to think you'd get better satisfaction by talking to them instead of trying to hurt their reputation.

EDIT! They gave you free shipping to make up for the mistake? Sounds like great service to me.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

viney266 wrote:^^^ Its called being busy..People are human you know...I guess you are perfect in your job?

They ate the shipping, give them another chance...I worked in the motorcycle business for years. We weren't always perfect either, but we tried. I really think the average consumer these days is getting rediculous in their expectations of service. Sorry.

This is why I quit selling on ebay...People getting mad that I didn't ship the part the very next day ( I always shipped Monday when I was off work)...being ready to "report" me for not getting them a tracking number in less than 24 hours? REALLY? Come on now.

Sorry to rant, and its not all aimed at you...But they did eat the shipping, that means they made NO MONEY AT ALL on you more than likely...Does that mean anything to you?

And no...I don't work for them :)
I agree with you, except to say that I hold ebay sellers to different standards... Ebay is mostly private sellers (even if you buy from an 'ebay shop') and nobody's full time job is their eBay listings, so waiting until the next day the post office is open or convenient to get to is okay- with a larger, commercial website they really should have their crap together- if it takes them a few days to 'verify' parts, there should be a warning when you checkout, so that you don't do something like pay for extra shipping thinking it will be there by a certain date... and then it isn't. As long as they tell you up front before you order, that's okay with me... finding out crap like that after you have paid would make me kind of grrr too.

That said, everything I have ordered from Scooterworks thus far has been through my dealer- that way the local shop made some money, and I didn't have to pay shipping. However, it did take quite a bit for them to get their stuff together and ship it... I know it was being shipped across the country, and in batches with other things people had ordered, though.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

The few times I ordered from them, 5 days was the norm before they shipped out my stuff. Some retailers are just that way. Some ship the same day, some always seem to wait 5 days. Scooterworks falls into the '5 days before shipping' category for me. If I want it fast, I know not to order from them or expect to pay more for expedited shipping.

I still order from them, I just know I won't get it in a timely manner. As long as you're aware of that, it's acceptable IMHO.

But I wish retailers would tell you that it won't ship out for 5 days. Some do, but most don't.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I remember seeing on certain items in their descriptions that some products may take a few days before they are shipped because they are not kept in stock, or require certain verification, either of which were suggested as taking 3-5 additional days. Perhaps this was the case with what you ordered and you didn't notice the warning?

I've had great service from Scooterworks. No complaints yet.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

Me thinks the OP doth protest too much.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Ok, quite a few things are missing out of this equation:

-Is this the first time you have had an issue, the first time you have ever ordered from Scooterworks, or has things like this been an ongoing issue?

-What *exactly* is the part that was ordered? If it were an ignition switch for a P-series, then yes there's plenty on the shelf and there's no reason why there should be a week delay (in some cases...). But, if it's something not as common or perhaps specific that isn't kept on the shelf in great quantity (such as a Blur 220i Gauge cluster) then there will be some delays.

-3-5 days is the basic ground shipping. That's 3-5 days after it leaves the warehouse. Did you purchase the overnight shipping and not get the premium that you paid for? Now, I don't know about you, but well over half of the people I deal with on a regular basis online don't do same-day shipping. It would REALLY be nice, but the fact of the matter is that many good companies don't.

I have ordered a great many things off their site, and I have had great experiences personally. All my parts were ordered on a Monday and arrived before or on Friday. That to me is a great track record. Now, things do happen and errors do occur, but I feel there's more to this that isn't quite being covered.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

How bout this? I order the front lower pamplona body piece from Scooter Parts Place 2 weeks ago. Got 2 emails confirming immediately after ordering. Nothing since. Nothing. I've emailed twice asking if they are filling the order or are out of stock now....Nothing.

So at least someone answers you. ;)
yeauxkneauxit

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

I ordered a stator for a Buddy 125 and yes standard 3-5 day shipping and yes it was my first order. They said when I called Friday to check on the order that their policy for all electrical parts was to verify them prior to shipping. I also asked in the comments just to make sure that I had requested the right part (to avoid delays, etc). I ordered on Saturday.

Taking Mon through Friday when I called to verify a part is a little slower than my expectation. Its not like I got pissed that it didn't ship out Monday when I ordered on Saturday. Is that unreasonable? Yes people do make mistakes-heck I do. I think I would have not been as bothered if there was a note that said, we take 2 days to verify the part prior to shipping. It then communicates their needs and allows me to expect this factored into the order. Or maybe an email or a call, hey we are verifying this part and we'll get it right out, etc etc. Something. My frustration was, how long would I have waited if I didn't call? They sure didn't wait to charge my account.

I appreciate that they refunded the shipping. They didn't have to do that. I really didn't ask for that but they did. Its encouraging to hear that this isn't typical from the other posters.
yeauxkneauxit

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

BTW- After I have gotten over the mix up and had a day to get over the fact that I could be up and running this weekend. I will be better served to give them another shot... as long as my parts do arrive.
supermach

Re: scooterworks -nah

Post by supermach »

yeauxkneauxit wrote:Won't order from them again. Paid for shipping 3-5 days. I just so happend to call them a few min ago to ask about when I might see some documentation a/b my order and when to expect. Quite possibly it was in route and I just didn't get the emails.

No- someone dropped the ball and they told me that they had to verify the part i ordered was correct and they were shipping it out today.

Seriously, it took 5 days to verify this? So instead of enhancing my shipping, they are waiving 12.00 for the shipping cost. Little something, but I'm more frustrated at the poor handling on the front end. I guess if I didn't call, they might still be verifying the part :roll:
Yeah I don't like the either. They sell junk and they they gave me a problem with me getting my money back.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Unfortunate you have had bad experiences with them.

I have had MANY orders with them all shipped just right no problems great customer service and fast shipping.

We all know how it goes, some people have good experiences, some bad.
Twitter: @Drjuggernaught
viney266

Post by viney266 »

yeauxkneauxit wrote:BTW- After I have gotten over the mix up and had a day to get over the fact that I could be up and running this weekend. I will be better served to give them another shot... as long as my parts do arrive.
And let them know how you felt about the first order. They do notice I think...Hopefully they get it right next time.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

My first order even included some stickers and a few boxes of candy. I was pleasantly surprised, though it very well could've been an accident. Is ScooterWorks where everyone recommends finding accessories, or is there another place, aside from my local dealer, to check out optional add-ons?
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

I either order from scooterworks or scooterloungeonline: http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/genuinebuddyparts. Both have treated me very well in the past.
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
Blackshirt

Post by Blackshirt »

I quit ordering from scooterworks as well and order from Scooterwest instead. Much faster shipping and much better customer service.
yeauxkneauxit

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

I received my order 2 days ago. Candy and a towel to boot.

I will give them future business. Regarding customer service and the little lagniappe in the box really speaks volume to right a delay to earn my confidence back. Not many companies do that and it should be acknowledged.

Thank you Scooterworks!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

you see. give a guy some candy, and all is forgiven

easy peasy :)
Riding is riding
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

yeauxkneauxit wrote:I received my order 2 days ago. Candy and a towel to boot.
Hahahaha that's awesome