Prima Saddlebag pieces? what are they?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mtlgrlie

Prima Saddlebag pieces? what are they?

Post by Mtlgrlie »

i searched already, got some info.....can install it my own way.

but I REALLY wanna know what all the little things that came with it are for!

2 rain covers - got it.
2 bungees - figure they help keep it from flapping?
1 long adjustable strap w/ clip - shoulder strap i figure.
2 short straps w/clips????
many rounded little canvas pieces with two different sized holes. NO CLUE. :?

Hmmmmmmmmm.........thanks!
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Heya...

I bought my Primas from a gentleman who had barely used them, his Buddy died and he decided to get a cycle. From your list it sounds like he gave me all the pieces.

We didn't have ANY IDEA what the ridiculous oval thingies were. There were SO MANY of them!

I think the extra short straps are just so that you can strap the bottom sides to any crash bars you may have installed, so that they don't bounce up at high speeds/in the wind. Mine didn't come with bungees and I don't know what bungees would help for with the saddlebags- but keep them around, bungees are ALWAYS helpful. And you are probably right about the longer strap- I may not have gotten that, I'll have to check.
Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

Good! I'm not alone with all the oval thingys! I hope someone can enlighten us both.

You've helped with the short straps too. Very interesting huh?

Just got them today and hope to use them before......BRRRRRR.....too cold to ride. I'm still a southern girl in the northeast. ;)

Thanks for the help!
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

Thinking about getting Prima bags instead of a top case. I know you are supposed to keep the weight the same on both sides, but exactly how important is this? For example, if I stuff a jacket in one, should I be concerned that I don't have an extra three pounds on the other side, too?
Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

Hmm....never thought of any of that. Just got mine yesterday, so not sure if it makes much diff. LunaP will know!

I don't plan on worrying too much. Just attempt to be even. But a jacket is no big deal I'd think.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

Consider that a P series is right side heavy (engine is on that side), its easy to see how that wouldn't too big of a problem, just require you to get used to it.
However if you put too much weight on one side the bags will slide, making the lightest one stick against the seat and the heavier one hang low. This can be avoided with using those staps provided :)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

It's true, once you get used to one side being heavier than the other it feels fine- and 3lbs is negligible anyway. I rode as Lokky's cucpake for about 2 months before I got my buddy, and even as a cupcake you have to balance- so when I got the Buddy, which is not right side heavy, whereas the Stella is, I felt very strange on the Buddy at first because I had to get used ti balancing differently :wink: If you don't have crash bars to strap them to and they are empty and you are going fast, they may float up some- mine did- but it wasn't crazy or alarming, like they were flapping around.

If you ask me, the saddlebags are a better deal than a top case- more space, and you can take them off much more easily if you don't want them on. I heard some top cases aren't really water sealed.

*edit to remove the ridiculous amount of space caused by the winky smiley that somehow ninja'ed into the end of this post*
:wink: :ninja:
Last edited by LunaP on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Alright, that does it!

...I will be purchasing these saddle bags at some point this winter... or maybe asking for them for christmas!
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

Left to right weight on that size saddlebag won't make a big difference unless you have it loaded with lead. :lol:

Which bags are you talking about, can you provide a link?
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
Mtlgrlie

Post by Mtlgrlie »

http://www.scooterpartsplace.com/ImageG ... uctId=3928

I bought them on eBay, but same bags!