Top cases advice

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scubadoobie

Top cases advice

Post by scubadoobie »

I'm looking for a top case. Will be using it mostly for helmet or rain gear storage, which is why I want something that closes rather than a basket or crate. Silly me....I started with the Genuine catalog, but they are no longer available. At least they are not "currently" available.

Anyone know what's going on with that? Any advice about other brands?
Scooting is good for the soul....

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

If you want to fit a fullface helmet in your topcase you'll need something bigger than the Genuine (That's if they are still making them. Sounds from your comment like an upgrade may be in the works? No? Well regardless, the rumor is starting here. :)

Givi's are excellent cases and come in a variety of sizes. Just keep the weight capacity of the Buddy rear rack in mind: 10-15lbs. That includes the weight of the topcase. There have been instances of overloaded rear racks breaking the frame where they screw in, and of course the racks themselves breaking.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:If you want to fit a fullface helmet in your topcase you'll need something bigger than the Genuine (That's if they are still making them. Sounds from your comment like an upgrade may be in the works? No? Well regardless, the rumor is starting here. :)
I don't mean to be starting false rumors. :? My local dealer ordered one for me, but he got a call back saying that they aren't available. I've since searched around the internet and had a hard time finding them, so assume they are not available.

I'll keep looking at others...thanks for the info.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Personally I'm hoping for a redesign being in the works. Though I've been totally happy with my Genuine topcase, most others agree it is pretty flimsy and could use some help.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

it all about the givi baby check out the link below with pics and a link to were i bought mine , crazy good deal like 80 bucks total

topic19425.html
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I third on the Givi cases. I can fit my full faced helmet in it as well...
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

I don't use a topcase, but I keep a waterproof roll-up case and some bungees under the seat in case I need to tote anything on the rack and keep it waterproof. The one I have was less than $15 at Wal-mart. The brand is Ozark Trail, it's in the camping section.

Here is it and a backpack tied to my PCX, this pic is from a camping trip I went on:

Here's what the bag looks like hanging from a tree so bears don't eat all my food:

I recently got the bag LunaP has recommended in a few threads to replace my backpack, it's quite nice. They're cheap on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Overboard-W ... ce=message
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

synaps3 wrote:I recently got the bag LunaP has recommended in a few threads to replace my backpack, it's quite nice. They're cheap on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Overboard-W ... ce=message
Zomg I love that thing <3. I will continue to pimp it. It's so rainy here sometimes, it's really been a lifesaver. BUT- I do have to say that my helmet/raingear is the one thing I won't put in it- mostly because I want to keep the other things in there dry, and I have a 3/4 with a visor I'd be afraid of popping off.
lilguy

Post by lilguy »

The Genuine topcase isn't available. My current topcase matches my Pamplona and my dealer is going to replace it since it has fallen apart. Since they are not manufacturing any new topcases, I have to take what they have, which is only black.