Great scooter, but...

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Great scooter, but...

Post by 360 »

...don't get into an accident!

I had the misfortune of being victim to a hit-and-run back at the end of July (the 31st to be exact). To date, I am still not able to ride it! Not because of injury (I was lucky to walk away with only a few scrapes and bruises)...but because of the damaged airfilter case! Supposedly, parts are "still on backorder" over a month later! Not good when it's your only form of transportation.

A) Has anyone else ran into any problems getting standard parts?
and
B) Know of any online dealers who sell parts for the Blur?
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

I ordered a windscreen last May and I'm still waiting for it. Dealer can't give me any kind of estimate when it will arrive. I'm sorry I pre-paid for it, because I probably could have found a dealer online who still has one in stock. It's frustrating, because part of the argument for getting a Taiwanese scooter vs. getting an Italian scooter is that parts are easier to get for the former.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Chris, if Scooterworks doesn't have it, probably no one does, all that stuff comes into the US through Genuine/Scooterworks. You might be able to find it overseas (if it wasn't custom-made for the US models). Or hope that someone totals a Blur in Chicagoland soon but doesn't crack the airbox. (kidding, especially because it'd probably be me)

Beez, if it's been that long, demand your money back. Scooterworks' site says they're out of stock, so, again, if they don't have 'em, probably no one will. I find it hard to believe that they're sold out of the original manufacturing run, they presumably ordered a reasonable amount, and can't have sold all *that* many, so I wonder if they're still waiting for the original shipment to come. Do other people on the list actually have a windshield?

If they actually did get a lot in but shipped a lot to dealers, you could try other dealers (Try POC in Cleveland or Sportique in Denver or Big People in Seattle, they're three of the biggest Genuine dealers) and see if they have any in stock.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Took 3 months for me to get my Windscreen and rack. Ordered them last November, got them in mid February.
lilal801

Post by lilal801 »

I am getting a aftermarket intake as soon as it comes in I can send you my airbox if you pay shipping