Audio Systems

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Blackeyes24

Audio Systems

Post by Blackeyes24 »

I was wondering if anyone could give me some more information about audio systems. I have heard of Autocom, of course, but when I went to their website the prices were way out of my range. My birthday is coming up and I want to do some research and see if I can get my father to spring for both the helmet and the audio system. I am less concerned about person to person communication as I usually ride alone. I want to have music and if it doesnt add too much to the cost to be able to use my cell phone if I want. The cell phone isnt really a priority though. Thanks.
dsleedesign

Post by dsleedesign »

ebay. search under motorcycle speakers.... I did it.... $80... works great!
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

We have a pretty nice little system for $159. Incorporated digital tuner/amp and speakers. It has an auxillary in for CD/MP3 players. Nice and loud speakers.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
deserthealer

Post by deserthealer »

can you just put mp3 earbuds in?
is this even safe?
i'll want music when i get my scooter.
can you hear speakers driving 45mph and a full helmet :?:
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

Motorsport Scooters wrote:We have a pretty nice little system for $159. Incorporated digital tuner/amp and speakers. It has an auxillary in for CD/MP3 players. Nice and loud speakers.
Can we buy the system online?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

deserthealer wrote:can you just put mp3 earbuds in?
is this even safe?
The safety of this is debatable... if you can't hear much outside noise through your full helmet, you have to decide if music will distract you (singing along and head bobbing?) or help you focus.

Either way, you should also look into the legality of riding with 'phones in your state. In CA you can have one earbud/phone on. Go figure.

I don't ride with music, but, yeah, sing while riding. When no one else can hear, of course...
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

deserthealer wrote:can you just put mp3 earbuds in?
is this even safe?
In Maryland you can't drive a car with headphones on, I'd assume it was the same with Motorscooters, but can't say for sure.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

rickyd410 wrote:
Motorsport Scooters wrote:We have a pretty nice little system for $159. Incorporated digital tuner/amp and speakers. It has an auxillary in for CD/MP3 players. Nice and loud speakers.
Can we buy the system online?
Yes. I think it's in the "for the rider" section of our website. I posted pics on a different thread in here. The speakers are plenty loud and clear at speed. We had them on a venice, so I didn't have it over 45mph, but they were loud and clear with room to go louder.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa