R5 Factory Japan - lots of Blur 220i performance parts

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

R5 Factory Japan - lots of Blur 220i performance parts

Post by davelhunter »

Does anyone have any friends/relatives/ business associates in Japan? If you google R5 Factory + PGO Gmax 220i you will see a lot of aftermarket parts that they make for the 220i, such as exhaust, efi programmer, etc. I would be interested in ordering some parts from them, but I do not have person that I know over there. I thought there may be some others who would have interest in this.
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

The air filter assembly they have looks pretty darn good... I think it mentions it need fuel modifications however....

But I did see the fuel controller listed there too..

Very interesting...
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

I am going to inquire with a buying service next week. I'll let you know what they say for pricing.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Ask them about parts for a G-Max 150, too! An exhaust system in particular. :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
waspmike

Post by waspmike »

I read the 150 exhaust is good just the way it is. Performance-wise anyway.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

waspmike wrote:I read the 150 exhaust is good just the way it is. Performance-wise anyway.
Not after a big bore and stroker kit along with a ported large valve head and performance cam. Besides that, the stock exhaust manifold is now too small in diameter so there is a huge mismatch to the aforementioned head. :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
kenbike

Post by kenbike »

Did any one have any luck with purchasing anything from R5 in japan?
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

I ordered some things from scooterworks last week. I asked about performance parts for the blur. They dont know of anything comming out, I asked did they know of the r5 factory. They said no but t hey were going to check into it. We'll see I just dont understand their lack of intrest in this scooter.
kenbike

Post by kenbike »

Good call Stoey, I will call Scooterworks and ask them the same thing.
any one else who is interested should also call.
As a back up plan the students will be back at the local college and they have a lot form Japan. I going to put up a posting for a person who speaks Japanese to help try and order a few items. I not going to for the exhuas but the fuel control, CDI, and the CVT parts.
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

Thanks. I can't wait to hear how things turn out.
Rush

Post by Rush »

They should sell the Blur as a platform scooter. Strip it down to nothing and sell it for $500 cheaper. Then sell all the parts as upgrades for people to install and customize. Blur should be thought of as the scooter people buy because they want to work on it like motorcycles. Most buddy and vespa owners just want it to go. Blur folks want to feel that they played a role and made a decision to upgrade the scoot to make it "better".

I don't know that Genuine considers these kind of business plans... but they should - or any company else eventually will.

Rush PGO Imports :roll: