valley of the sun?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lou76

valley of the sun?

Post by lou76 »

does noone in phoenix have a buddy yet?
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

not yet...haven't fully decided...

I think Keys is closest...He's in Cottonwood...
deserthealer

Post by deserthealer »

i am in phoenix area and still undecided on buddy125 vs agility 125 vs people(and spending the $)

i wouldn't hesitate except concerns regarding getting maintenance done locally and getting parts.

whatever i decide will be i the next 2-4 weeks.

very excited, nervous(i'm the family cash cow and don't want to get squished) :cry:

love this forum :!:
Keys

Post by Keys »

Deserthealer,

Be aware the Agility won't be coming out until mid to late September due to some unforseen DOT snafus. As for a Buddy in Phoenix, I dunno, but like Monkey said before, I am in Cottonwood. Got it Friday and the more I ride it, the better I like it. I am an experienced scooterist (thirty some years) and have discovered that although the Buddy is perfect for newbies, it is spirited enough to keep us old-timers entertained. In short, if the displacement is adequate for you (I personally dig small displacement scoots), you probably won't outgrow a Buddy...it'll be your pal for years!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
lou76

Post by lou76 »

well, i am certainly looking forward to the last half of this week, when i will be picking up my buddy... as far as i know, scooter invasion can do warranty work and scheduled maintenance... anyone know different?...
Keys

Post by Keys »

I believe they can, Lou...they are supposed to be carrying the Buddy as one of their products.

--Keys 8)
1dozer

Someone new

Post by 1dozer »

Hi, I just got my buddy last Friday. I had to go to Tucson to get it. I live in Mesa and have scheduled service at Scooter invasion for Friday. I don't think they have serviced any buddy's yet, so I'm printing the Oil Change pictures. What part of Phoenix are you in? I thought I was the only one. Dawn
deserthealer

Post by deserthealer »

does scooter invasion sell buddy's? if so, why go to tucson?
are they giving better deals and if so, how much better?

thanks for any input.
1dozer

Post by 1dozer »

Scooter Invasion does not sell the buddy, but they can do the service.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

1dozer wrote:Scooter Invasion does not sell the buddy, but they can do the service.
actually, scooter invasion does have a couple of buddy's in stock now... a couple of 50's and 1 more 125 (the orange one is mine...)... according to them, they are not getting a bunch of buddies, and aren't planning on carrying the blur because peeps in phx evidently go for the cheaper chinese scoots... they sell alot of tank...
scoot over is a little bit cheaper (<$100 dollars cheaper), but they throw in a half helmet, and the shop is just a treat to visit... not that scooter invasion isn't :]...
and dawn, i live on the downslope of north mountain, northern sunny slope, but dont worry, im not a tweaker... my roomate just bought a stella recently, so we will have to get a ride together soon....
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

I'll be gettin mine soon...the Stella just isnt really paying off for me since it doesn't get that great mileage and the maintenance that I don't have time for is killing me...

I like the creme and the orange...any opinions...

Lou and dozer, check out http://phxscarabsc.com/ for rides and whatnots...
Keys

Post by Keys »

Deserthealer, the reason we go to Scoot Over in Tucson is that Mike, Shelby, Chris, Scott and the rest of them are just great folks and the shop atmosphere is a happy, competent one.

--Keys 8)