idling problems??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

beastmaster

idling problems??

Post by beastmaster »

So this has been happening for a while now and im not mechanically inclined so i dont really no what to think about this, when i turn my scooter on, while its on the back stand, the back wheel will turn, like its getting gas. When i hit the right brake it stops ,i let go , it starts again. And it will carry on like this for a while.....So after i drive a few miles and get back home ill put it back on the stand and it doesnt do that any more., this has been happening for a couple months , way before it got cold
? any idea what could be causing this? should i be concerned ?? any info would be great,
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Actually, for most scoots and other vehicles, that's normal behavior. The carb (or injection system) typically has either a choke (cuts down the air) or an enricher (adds fuel) that operates when the engine is cold, running the RPMs up a little higher, in order to bring the engine up to recommended operating temperature sooner than normal idle alone. My Buddy is the same way - when cold-idling after startup on the center stand, the wheel turns a bit. After a minute or two, the idle drops down a bit as the temperature has come up. With the lower idle, there's not enough engine RPM to tickle the clutch and move the back wheel.

Sounds perfectly fine to me.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Yup, normal... also why it is never a good idea to leave a scooter running unattended while on its kick stand or center stand.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

well sounds good to me thanks for the info
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;