Anyone in Santa Barbara?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BuddyGuySantaBarbara

Anyone in Santa Barbara?

Post by BuddyGuySantaBarbara »

I'm new to scooters and very excited to find people in my area of the same interest in the Santa Barbara, CA area - does anyone live in the area that wants to ride?/ teach me a thing or two? Maybe take weekly or frequent rides into the hills?:D

Also - if you don't live in the area, maybe you could reccomend a good site/thread to inquire with?

Thanks in advance.

Buddy Guy
- "go buddy go!"
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hi BGSB and welcome!

I always see lots of scooters when I am up in SB. (Boy do you have some great rides up there!) So I imagine you will find some riding friends before long.

You might want to check out the Ventura County Ventures Scooter Crew. They put together group rides to various different places in your neck of the woods. (http://www.meetup.com/Ventura-County-Ve ... oter-Crew/).

Of less use to you for casual daily rides, we (LAScooterGroup.org) do have our annual ride up to Santa Barbara. Though we're usually pretty ready for a rest by the time we get there! :P If you are ever in LA you are welcome to join us for any of our rides.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Tee Jay

Anyone in Santa Barbara?

Post by Tee Jay »

I rode the coast of California recently (no freeways) on my Buddy 150 and the hardest part was getting through Santa Barbara. How do you take the Pacific Coast Highway 1, from Malibu to Santa Barbara to Lompoc without freeways?
PS Beautiful town!!
Skootz Kabootz

Re: Anyone in Santa Barbara?

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Tee Jay wrote:I rode the coast of California recently (no freeways) on my Buddy 150 and the hardest part was getting through Santa Barbara. How do you take the Pacific Coast Highway 1, from Malibu to Santa Barbara to Lompoc without freeways?
PS Beautiful town!!
To SB go up the PCH, through Oxnard and Ventura, then go around Lake Casitas through Montecito into Santa Barbara.

To Lompoc just take the 154 or whatever it is. That's what we did when we road from LA to San Francisco.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
Tee Jay wrote:I rode the coast of California recently (no freeways) on my Buddy 150 and the hardest part was getting through Santa Barbara. How do you take the Pacific Coast Highway 1, from Malibu to Santa Barbara to Lompoc without freeways?
PS Beautiful town!!
To SB go up the PCH, through Oxnard and Ventura, then go around Lake Casitas through Montecito into Santa Barbara.

To Lompoc just take the 154 or whatever it is. That's what we did when we road from LA to San Francisco.
agreed it was a lovely ride- just don't be around lake casitas until the fog burns off!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
PS Beautiful town!!

Don't you have to hop on the 101 for like 1 mile at some point near SB? I seem to remember that…
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

If you go around Lake Casitas to the 150, you miss the 101 entirely. If you go through Ventura, there is a very short stretch to Bates Road where the 101 isn't a freeway that you ride.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Tazio wrote:If you go around Lake Casitas to the 150, you miss the 101 entirely. If you go through Ventura, there is a very short stretch to Bates Road where the 101 isn't a freeway that you ride.
Ah, that's right. I was thinking of the direct route. Skootz doesn't believe in such things!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

ericalm wrote:Ah, that's right. I was thinking of the direct route. Skootz doesn't believe in such things!
Wait.......??
WHO takes a direct route anywhere while on the scoot?

Yesterday morning at 10am it was nice and warmish (50*) for the first time in a week or so, I headed out to pick up a few things at the store, (5 miles away) four hours and almost 100 miles later I finally made it to the store.
Oh yeah..... I forgot what I needed by then!! :oops:
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

BuddyGuySantaBarbara wrote:I'm new to scooters and very excited to find people in my area of the same interest in the Santa Barbara, CA area - does anyone live in the area that wants to ride?/ teach me a thing or two? Maybe take weekly or frequent rides into the hills?:D

Also - if you don't live in the area, maybe you could reccomend a good site/thread to inquire with?

Thanks in advance.

Buddy Guy
THE Buddy Guy??!?
I love the blues :)
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

ericalm wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:
PS Beautiful town!!

Don't you have to hop on the 101 for like 1 mile at some point near SB? I seem to remember that…
Thats 192, the foothill rd./ Hwy. You can go all the way from LA without taking the 101 or 1, just take the 126 to Santa Paula, the 150 to the 192, the 192 to the 154, 154 to the 246, and you're in Lompton.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.