Whitney Houston r.i.p

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

david12df

Whitney Houston r.i.p

Post by david12df »

she will be missed.
Tom_M

Re: Whitney Houston r.i.p

Post by Tom_M »

david12df wrote:she will be missed.
DW and I danced to her at our wedding. What a voice.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

what this woman needed was a Buddy. miles of smiles, but nooooo

i knew she was on the way out out when she married that bobby brown. just a matter of time. meanwhile he'll probably live to 100
Riding is riding
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Im guessing the toxicology report will fill in some blanks. Too bad. I have to say the times I watched her reality show I saw a woman who thought much too highly of herself. Who would have thought Bobby Brown would outlive her? Vegas probobly had odds on that scenario.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

crack is whack.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
viney266

Post by viney266 »

what a voice!...what a shame :(
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

zombie whitney houston ,,, ??
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
theflash784

Whitney Hoiuston r.i.p

Post by theflash784 »

What a waste of a life and talent
neotrotsky

Re: Whitney Hoiuston r.i.p

Post by neotrotsky »

theflash784 wrote:What a waste of a life and talent
Agreed. Why are we crying over a millionaire coke addict again? Yeah, she was a good singer. So what?
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

neotrotsky wrote:
Agreed. Why are we crying over a millionaire coke addict again? Yeah, she was a good singer. So what?
name your favorite artists / bands. do you only listen to clean-cut artists with no drug problems? Whitney was a TALENT.

unfortunately, a LOT of the best entertainers are people with problems. look at all the best comedians. a lot of art is pulled out of horrible experiences, and the music scene is not a pretty place. sure, there are exceptions, but i think that most musicians that you ask will agree.

she brought happiness to a lot of people through her music. when i was a kid i used to watch the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" video over and over again.

some of them clean it up, move on and survive it. some don't. the autopsy isn't even out yet.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

neotrotsky wrote:
Wow is it really that hard to follow the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule in a RIP thread?

Seriously.

It's one of the oldest and most un-winnable arguments. When a famous artist dies, many people mourn because they feel like they've lost someone who touched their lives in some way. And then the jerks come out with comments like the one above. Neo, in light of your signature quote, your comment reducing Whitney Houston to a "millionaire coke addict" is quite hypocritical.

It's sad when ANYONE'S life goes the route hers did, famous or not. I know that I would not want to struggle with the addictions she struggled with, whether I were rich, famous, or just me.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

While I wasn't her biggest fan in the world, she was a great talent, and I'm sure will be greatly missed.

I have hope that her daughter will not follow in her self-destructive footsteps.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I think what happens is the artist gets surrounded by not so good people that have not so good infulences and then they start to believe that the drugs "Help" them make their best music/performance. Then before they know it they become an addict. The studios/ record companies don't care as long as you are bringing in the money. It's a bit like mafia mentality. Unless your the kind of person that lives to work 24/7 then the music scene isn't the best job for you. Simply put, people don't really know how much work is involved and how much constant pressure the performer is under to live up to the hype.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I don't think any of us have any special insight into Whitney Houston's life, her troubles and travails or her death.

As with others who have passed, if anyone here feels a connection to the person and expresses they'll miss them and respect for them, the rest of us should just leave it be if we don't share that.

It's not about Whitney Houston, it's about respecting fellow members and how they feel in these circumstances.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

seems this was one of those hopeless situations that ended tragically for Houston. apparently she had had some in / out treatment (rehab) which she "completed" last May and was to be working on her first year of being clean. she was apparently having some trouble as the night before she died she was seen and filmed drinking and "partying

anyway jennifer holliday says whit had been using coke since the 80's. a real long time addict. and the disease just got worse and worse over the years

dr drew says he suspects a lethal mixture of prescription drugs and most likely alcohol. he said she most likely went to bathe to relax, fell asleep, and stopped breathing from respiratory failure or heart failure. then she slid into the water and died of drowning. officially speaking

sounds good enough. he says this is how almost ALL the recent drug related celebrity deaths have happened from anna nicole to heath ledger to amy winehouse and some others. death from lethal mixture, usually unintended i would think

chaka khan said she needed a 'supervisor." this i think is like a sponsor in AA but they are paid to be with you and "there" for you. sounds dumb but a rich addict needs to "go to any length" as they say...
Riding is riding