...Head light issues, ... Need Help!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

beastmaster

...Head light issues, ... Need Help!

Post by beastmaster »

So about four days my headlights didnt turn on when i started my scoot, its a kymco people 125s, i thought the bulbs died, i bout new halogen bulbs hooked them up turned on the scoot and nothing, :( ..turned the scoot off , fiddled with it turned it back on and for a brief second both lights came on !! then died and havnt came on since then, i looked at all the connections i even took apart the horn /blinker / light mech to look inside, looks good , everything else still works both blinkers ,break lights, and horn . So im at a loss i have no idea what to do and cant aforrd to take it some were , any , and all suggestions would be great thanks, i no its a kymco but im sure people have seen something like this before
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Check the fuses?

I'd check those first, then I'd check the switch. Then I'd start poking around with a multimeter and checking all of the connections and wiring.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

iv ripped apart my hole front panel looking for fuses i only no of the two by the battery, maybe i can find a downloadable service manual and see if there's a fuse box some were idk, any idea were i can buy a multi meter and what the cost is
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

You can buy a multimeter at any hardware store. Mine is great and ran around $20. It's similar to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-DM-20-Ra ... B000FRQO6C

There are downloads of the Service Manual all over the net; I found many via Google.

Did you touch the bulbs with your bare hands when installing? They should always be handled with gloves or wiped very thoroughly after installation.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

no i made sure not to touch the bulbs , thanks for the amazon link , i found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300561774011?ss ... 1638wt_698

im wondering if the internal mech is messed up but idk cause the the blinker still works im at a loss