Buddy mirrors

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lotte

Buddy mirrors

Post by lotte »

Hey there! :D

I'm having a tough time adjusting my mirrors. Are the base nuts that hold the mirrors in place the only way to adjust the angle of the mirrors (as in tightening the base nuts at just the right angle... which is tricky), or are there joints on the stems or on the back of the actual mirrors?

I've tried to turn the stem at where there appears to be a separation, but it didn't budge, and I don't want to break my mirrors.

It would be really nice if there were moveable joints on them, as it drives me nuts when the mirrors become loose when I'm cruising around!
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

They do adjust behind the mirror portion, meaning you can rotate the around a bit. They also adjust at the base of the mirror by loosening the lock nut and re-tightening it. Between the two, it should be adjustable enough to get it where you want it.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
germ

Post by germ »

The mirrors are very stiff at purchase. The mirror itself actually pivits on the stem. If it doesn't adjust you have to turn the mirror either clockwise or counterclockwise which sort of unlocks it for movement. The dealer had to do this with mine to get them working. Once turned some the move freely. Use the bolts at the base to get the arms in position then adjust the mirror itself.
lotte

Post by lotte »

Thanks, Motorsport Scooters, germ! :wink: I shall try pivoting the mirror tonight!
lotte

Post by lotte »

OH MY GREAT OPALESCENT IVORY GOODNESS the mirror bit turns! It turrrRRRrRnnnsSS!!!

Thanks everyone!!