Front turn signals

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Guff

Front turn signals

Post by Guff »

I just got my new 4t Stella and brought it home. It doesn't seem like the front turn signals are working. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is the fix?

Thanks
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

Hey, the thing with the front signals is that the wires can easily come unhooked from the socket if you have other things in the glovebox, or even just from vibrations from riding.
Simply open the glovebox and check that both the wire from the battery and the grounding wire are properly connected, if not reconnecting them and using a bit of electrical tape around the socket to apply pressure has worked for me as a fix.
Guff

Post by Guff »

Thanks! I'll try that out. I'm new to the scoot world so I apologize in advance for stupid questions.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Guff wrote:Thanks! I'll try that out. I'm new to the scoot world so I apologize in advance for stupid questions.
No apology necessary at all!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

Make sure that the bulbs are properly plugged in. Again, you can see this from the inside of the glove box.

But, if it's not something simple like that take it back to the shop. They should have checked that all this stuff was working - as required by law - in their PDI.
Guff

Post by Guff »

The bulbs weren't in properly. They are working great now (other than the annoying sound when they're on). :?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Guff wrote:The bulbs weren't in properly. They are working great now (other than the annoying sound when they're on). :?
Easily fixed or changed!
topic15977.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
lorenajack

Post by lorenajack »

This may be too late for this discussion, but I discovered one of my rear turn signal sockets had a bad connection where the tip of the bulb hits. Whenever I put the bulb in the base would lose contact with the wire. I ended up shoving a couple of c-clips between the wire and the base of the socket. Must be Indian-made socket!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

lorenajack wrote:This may be too late for this discussion, but I discovered one of my rear turn signal sockets had a bad connection where the tip of the bulb hits. Whenever I put the bulb in the base would lose contact with the wire. I ended up shoving a couple of c-clips between the wire and the base of the socket. Must be Indian-made socket!
On an Indian-made scooter! Probably so!