Service in the Denver area?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

303mike

Service in the Denver area?

Post by 303mike »

Hello to my fellow Denver riders,
I am looking for a new place for scooter service in the metro area. Up until now, I've had really good experiences with Sportique (where I bought the Buddy), but after today I think I am done with them.

[rant] I dropped off the scoot before they opened on Tuesday with a signed authorization to fix a starting issue (probably carb related) and install a rear tire. I got a call letting me know they got the scooter and my letter. I talked with them again to discuss the tire issue and ended up having a rear K61 shipped to them on Thursday. Then today at noon I called to make sure everything was okay. I was told they haven't even looked at it yet, and it may not even be done tomorrow. I got TONS of attitude from the tech who let me know there are bikes in front of mine and they are a week out on service appointments. Okay, but they've had it since Tuesday and never once set that sort of expectation. Totally unacceptable. [/rant]

So, what shops do y'all use and are happy with?

Thank you!
If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hey, Mike,

When I saw you were in Denver (before reading the post), ny immediate thought was, "Sportique, of course!" Locals may have some alternatives they can point you to, but I've consistently heard good things about Sportique.

Your threshold for "totally unacceptable" is probably set lower than mine, but then again, the longer I own scooters, the more I have to ratchet it up for the sake of my own sanity and peace of mind.

They've had the tire for 24 hours, right? Did they say it would be a week before they could mount it?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
tbonestone

Post by tbonestone »

I know in denver there is some company (not sportique) that does mobile service, if they can mount tires I don't know. Check craigslist, I think they advertise there.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

it also depends on each location. I've had good service from the Englewood store, and had attitude from the Denver one.

RollingWrench is mobile, and I have a wallet card from the guy who sold me my Zuma.

Keep in mind that mechanics are not always sales people, and vice versa. he might just be stressed with everyone getting ready for spring. I know last week when I got Yoda serviced, there was already a large line of stuff to be restored. They just banged out my service because I got there bright and early, and it was simple interval stuff.

if they've had it a week, that's kinda crap. if it's just been a day or two, well, I'm not sure what to tell you. As a computer tech, sometimes you just end up being the guy that gets hosed.