buddy 125 stolen - yuk, What will my insurance pay me back.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kpow

buddy 125 stolen - yuk, What will my insurance pay me back.

Post by kpow »

The thiefs got it out of my back yard, with the steering locked and over a cement wall.

my comprehensive insurance(geico) is making me wait 30 days and then they have company do a ?valuation? on it and they pay me that minus my deductible. they told me the value would be near what nada does, but nada doesnt gove a value since it says there isnt enough market data.

does anyone have any experience with this. i bought it in june and it have @ 800 miles on it.

thanks for any info, i'm so hurtin with out my scooter.

kpow
rickyd410

Re: buddy 125 stolen - yuk, What will my insurance pay me ba

Post by rickyd410 »

kpow wrote:The thiefs got it out of my back yard, with the steering locked and over a cement wall.

my comprehensive insurance(geico) is making me wait 30 days and then they have company do a ?valuation? on it and they pay me that minus my deductible. they told me the value would be near what nada does, but nada doesnt gove a value since it says there isnt enough market data.

does anyone have any experience with this. i bought it in june and it have @ 800 miles on it.

thanks for any info, i'm so hurtin with out my scooter.

kpow
Keep an eye on Craigslist in your area. You might have to search a few different ones in VA. Just make bookmarks and check them everyday.

I'll keep an eye on Baltimore Craigslist for you.

Good luck.
nonsense

Post by nonsense »

I would talk to your dealer and see if they can write up a quote for it's replacement cost. You really want to be discussing this in terms of the price of a brand new scoot. If they comp used Buddy's you will get less money and you won't have a warranty. I'm not suggesting that you try to pull a fast one here, but turning in results of recent craigslist sales won't accurately value what was stolen. If you give your agent concise information on what it will cost to replace they might accept that for the purposes of paying the claim.

Good luck
-Cultivate Eccentricity
thepezident

Post by thepezident »

I'm thinking they should watch craigslist to see if a used Buddy comes up for a cheap sale :wink:
While you @ it...keep an eye on eBay as well
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Also, the dealer should have the VIN on file incase they bring it in for work.

Ask them to pay attention to someone specifically needing parts associated with breaking the steering lock, a new ignition and what not.

Ditto any other dealers nearby or shops that specialize in scooters.

It happened to one member here who JUST happened to go to another city and the idiot kid who stole her scooter pulled out in front of her! Ya never know!
"Life Is all about ASS! You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it!"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

When I was in a crash last year, the responsible party's insurance, Safeco, paid out a little bit over MSRP. It only had 300 miles on it at the time; it was only a month old. I thought it was weird they were paying so much, but wasn't going to complain.

eBay is showing 2 completed listings for Buddys:

Series Italia in TN, 1100 miles, windshield, rear rack, Prima topcase for $2,125.
Creme '07 in IL, 1700 miles, rear rack for $1500. (Someone got a great deal on this one.)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kpow

thanks

Post by kpow »

Well the insuarnce company said they are using a company called CCC for determining the value.

i hope these guys know what the F they are talking about.

Thanks to those who replied. i am doing those things and others to try to get this figured out.

Thanks again

kpow
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

i recommend that you never hesitate to yell at an insurance person on the phone. after my accident they were taking thier good sweet time trying to get their s**t together and 5-7 minutes of yelling (at a total jerk btw) got me another $200 for my replacement. Make sure you tell them about stuff you added that cost $$ and increased the value, chrome, stebel ect. GL!