"the man" should'nt have dropped out.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

poop colored buddy

"the man" should'nt have dropped out.

Post by poop colored buddy »

this is a continuation to my previous post about ASU being bastards about ticketing scooters all of a sudden to squeeze every last dime from its students pockets.

Threats lose their impact when it appears as though their 7 year old child wrote them. i got a laugh out of them today and again, ignored it.
Attachments
funny to me that a college would issue some lame threat with such a blatant error
funny to me that a college would issue some lame threat with such a blatant error
ShowLetter.jpg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
I have the scoots!
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Are they calling your Buddy a "motorcycle", or are they (maybe) targeting motorcyclists and (hopefully) ignoring your scooter?

Sorry to hear about the crackdown on 2-wheelers, though. Weird that the wording is "I will have it towed" and there's nothing (sign, letterhead) to signify that it's from ASU. Do they usually do things like that there? Looks like a pissed-off student might have put that up.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

What a bunch of jerks. It doesn't surprise me, though.

Was the punctuation error in your subject line a joke? Or irony? ;)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

What exactly is the school regulation for scooters?

Could be helpful if you make a new sign,
THIS IS NOT A MOTORCYCLE...IT"S A SCOOTER.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

this is when you call it a "moped" :P
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

What size is your Buddy? According to the ASU website 50cc does not need a permit.

f. Motorcycle. Motorcycles over 50cc must display a valid motorcycle or conversion permit. Conversion permit hangers must be retained from year to year to be reused. Conversion hangers cost an additional $5. Motorcycles under 50cc are not authorized for use on public streets. This type of motorcycle must use bicycle lanes and park in bike racks on Campus.

http://www.west.asu.edu/adaff/auxs/parking/regs.cfm
truckasaurus

Post by truckasaurus »

Call me crazy, but why not just pay for the motorcycle permit and be done with it. Yeah, $200 bucks is outrageous, but if they tow your scoot, you'll likely pay more than that to get it back. Even if the tow is improper, they will still want you to pay for it. you could always sue to get the money back, but that will cost you even MORE money.

Colleges have been screwing students on this kind of stuff for decades. Sometimes it's a lot easier to just play by the rules and avoid the stress. Think of it this way, you'll be saving a ton on parking tickets and other revenue streams the campus cops put on kids with cars.
tam

Post by tam »

c'mon, don't tell me noone else realized there are two 'have's in that message? have have it towed?
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

i recommend you find the page of university policy that states you *can* park there (the part about under 50cc vehicles) and tape that to your scoot yourself.
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

weaseltamer wrote:i recommend you find the page of university policy that states you *can* park there (the part about under 50cc vehicles) and tape that to your scoot yourself.
Why work that hard - why not just find the same font as that sign, and get a blank sheet of paper to print out something like "This scooter can park anywhere it wants" and tape that to the scoot :)
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

sounds like template was able to find out the official rule pretty easily, college campuses are like the irs they will get there money from you one way or another (especially if you drive anything over 50cc :P )
neagle11

Post by neagle11 »

See if you went to U of A you wouldn’t have that problem lol. JK parking and transportation can be a whole bunch of jerks... Trust me I am a student worker here at U of A. Seems like all they won’t is money because they are self sufficient and don’t receive funding from the school. I have a 125 so I had to get a permit but ours is only 90 bucks.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

beelzebubbles wrote:
weaseltamer wrote:i recommend you find the page of university policy that states you *can* park there (the part about under 50cc vehicles) and tape that to your scoot yourself.
Why work that hard - why not just find the same font as that sign, and get a blank sheet of paper to print out something like "This scooter can park anywhere it wants" and tape that to the scoot :)

Should you be interested, it's Times New Roman (Word default) at 49 points. :lol:
Huh? What just happened?
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

I guess I was lucky, permits were $20 a year at the University of Kansas when I went there a few years back.
- Bryce
poop colored buddy

ericalm wrote:What a bunch of jerks. It doesn't surprise me, though.

Was the punctuation error in your subject line a joke? Or irony? ;)
irony. so sweet.
I have the scoots!
poop colored buddy

neagle11 wrote:See if you went to U of A you wouldn’t have that problem lol. JK parking and transportation can be a whole bunch of jerks... Trust me I am a student worker here at U of A. Seems like all they won’t is money because they are self sufficient and don’t receive funding from the school. I have a 125 so I had to get a permit but ours is only 90 bucks.
yeah, my buddy pointed that out already! for you here is his U of A themed scoot. go sun devils.
Attachments
people were yelling at me to run him over when he brought it to phx to ride in a rally
people were yelling at me to run him over when he brought it to phx to ride in a rally
mail.jpg (13.76 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
I have the scoots!
magpiash

Post by magpiash »

peabody99 wrote:this is when you call it a "moped" :P
ha HA! yes!! :lol:
merlin

Post by merlin »

just chain it up. noone can tow it then.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

How about a giant Sun Devil decal on the front of the legshield? Maybe you can appeal to their school pride. You could even do it as a window cling so it'll peel on and off. :twisted:
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
neagle11

Post by neagle11 »

I have seen that buddy alot around campus. I think that guy is awesome for doing that. All i have is a little wildcat sticker on my windshield.