Funny Story

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jperkins

Funny Story

Post by jperkins »

So I sold my 06 Buddy to the dealer three weeks ago, missed it terribly. Over the last three weeks I have been in the shop lots for various things and had to keep looking at it. Long story short, I bought my own buddy back...decided I wasn't ready to let go.

Does this make me thee first person to buy the same buddy twice?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wow, probably so!

I did the same with a bass guitar once. I had actually bought it for my (then) wife, who, after owning it a year or so, had traded it in at Guitar Center for a Fender Mustang. When, some months later, I needed a new bass, there it was, calling to me, the trusty old late '60s Gibson EB. I still have it, though have since moved on to a new wife.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Keys

Post by Keys »

I did that twice with an old '63 Vespa V90 before...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
truckasaurus

Post by truckasaurus »

so did you just rescind the former sale or did you have to pay tax to buy the scooter you just sold? Did the dealer sell it to you for what you sold it to him for or did he make a (second) profit?
Keys

Post by Keys »

Careful...the paranoids are out to get you!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
jperkins

dealer

Post by jperkins »

I was fortuante to have such a good relationship with my dealer that they just sold it back to me for what I sold it to them
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Haha! That's a great story. In my mind, you were pressed up to the dealer's plate glass window and looking forlornly at your old scooter with hangdog eyes.

From the years 1990-1999, I bought and sold the Beastie Boys cassette tape "License to Ill" like 9090345 times to Half-Price Books. See, there's "Fight For Your Right" and "No Sleep Till Brooklyn," yay! But there's also "Girls" and "Brass Monkey." Ugh, ugh, bleghhh.

Long story short, "Paul's Boutique" is a good record.
ModBud #442
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

That is so awesome.
jperkins

Awesome Records

Post by jperkins »

Those are two of my all time favorite record's, don't know what it is about them..i hate rap, but love the Beastie Boys
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

polianarchy wrote:From the years 1990-1999, I bought and sold the Beastie Boys cassette tape "License to Ill" like 9090345 times to Half-Price Books. See, there's "Fight For Your Right" and "No Sleep Till Brooklyn," yay! But there's also "Girls" and "Brass Monkey." Ugh, ugh, bleghhh.

Long story short, "Paul's Boutique" is a good record.
I worked at Half Price in Bedford (that's in Texas, y'all) for most of the '90s. Represent!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

ericalm wrote:I worked at Half Price in Bedford (that's in Texas, y'all) for most of the '90s. Represent!
BEDFORD!!! That's the H-U-B, right? Hurst, Euless, Bedford. Hehehe! :D

I loitered at the 1/2 price on Northwest Highway like it was my job...does that count?

But for real, I worked at the Bookstop nextdoor to the In00d Theatre for a million years in the 90s.
ModBud #442
JNV

Post by JNV »

My wife thought about selling her Buddy because we needed to do some emergency remodeling around the house. Then she got a flat tire, and my truck was needed at work; thank God we still had the trusty Buddy. And now Gas prices seem to be going up again.

Another Funny thing that just happened to me on my Vespa. I was just at a motorcycle shop getting a new inspection sticker, and four cruiser riders were just staring at my Vespa and looking at my mileage in disbelief. Then they noticed my Cannonball Run sticker on the side and they all came over to tell me that I was a lunatic and shake my hand. I think lately scooterists are starting to get more recognition within the motorcycle community. My local Yamaha dealer is very scooter friendly when most motorcycle dealers seem to care about the 1000cc and over bikes.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

Haha! That's a great story. In my mind, you were pressed up to Half-Price Books' glass window and looking forlornly at your old Beastie Boys cassette tape with hangdog eyes.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

lou76 wrote:Haha! That's a great story. In my mind, you were pressed up to Half-Price Books' glass window and looking forlornly at your old Beastie Boys cassette tape with hangdog eyes.
My friend, your prose is lyrical and sublime. I hope they start awarding Pulitzers for forum postings! :P
ModBud #442