Blur Distance Units (BDU) - What's Yours?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NoogaScooter

Blur Distance Units (BDU) - What's Yours?

Post by NoogaScooter »

After reading another post, and checking mine tonight with a GPS handheld. I found my odometer on the 07 Blur to be closer to a mile than I expected. I did this after filling up the last time and assuming it read in kilometers only to find I was getting 51 mpg. I had to find out my BDU once and for all.

So, I found tonight that One BDU is equal to .8913 miles on mine. Recalculating my mpg based on this finding I'm getting about 71 mpg, much closer to what should be expected.

Just food for thought. I've been reading about some BDU's being around .6 or so.

Scoot on,
NS
bs318is11

Post by bs318is11 »

My Blur is an 06. As i stated in my other post, one BDU=.6 miles on mine. I was checking it against the trip odometer on another bike. The other bike may be off as well. If i get a chance i will put the Garmin on it and find out what i get with the GPS.

As you state, i hope its reading closer to a mile with the GPS. If not my mpg are really low for what they should be. I also do a lot of long distance rides with bigger bikes so i am usually pushing 65 indicated for most of the ride. Well thats about all i got. I will let you know what i find with the GPS.
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

My 07 Blur's BDU's seem pretty close to 1 BDU = 1 mile. I didn't test it rigorously, but it's close enough that if no one mentioned any discrepancies I wouldn't have noticed.

Post by 360 »

Well, I would EXPECT the 2007 models to have more accurate odometers. I don't know how it even slipped that much on the 2006 models!
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

so the thing is that the odometers are reading wrong? im looking to get a blur and i didnt know about this
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

justscooten wrote:so the thing is that the odometers are reading wrong? im looking to get a blur and i didnt know about this
If you get the '07 it's probably pretty accurate.

If you get the '06 it's maybe not accurate, but chances are you got a good deal so it probably doesn't matter :D
itcardoc

BDU's

Post by itcardoc »

I just got an 06 Blur and checked the miles or km on my odometer. I got 1.8 BDU's on my odometer to 1 mile marker on the highway. This comes out to .55 times my odometer to get miles.

.62 would be kilometers. Mine's a little less, more like .53, so I usually just think of a BDU as a half-mile.