"Easier Rider"- a Mockumentary

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

"Easier Rider"- a Mockumentary

Post by LunaP »

This was filmed this past weekend, and posted to FB just now. I wasn't present ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) but Lokky told me what a fun time they had filming it.

I believe the mockumentary is a VCU student's project of some sort- it chronicles and geeky guy who desperately wants to be part of the local scooter gang. It's really well done, as well as hilarious.

Film features many Seven Hills members with their gorgeous scoots, acting like arses for the camera and being BAMFS.

You think you know, but you don't know.This is how we roll.
theflash784

"Easier Rider"

Post by theflash784 »

I loved it! I also liked seeing the SPAZ patch on the one rider's jacket in the beginning.
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

Arrrrgh! VIMEO! Doesn't work worth a damn on any device I have.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

jprestonian wrote:Arrrrgh! VIMEO! Doesn't work worth a damn on any device I have.
That makes me have a sad.

The only other way I know for you to view the vid is to have you friend Seven Hills on fb and watch it there XD
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

That is hilarious! One of the best student scooter films I've seen! Great editing and the lead actor is a crack up!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

even spotted a buck ten! sweet vid.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

LunaP wrote:That makes me have a sad.

The only other way I know for you to view the vid is to have you friend Seven Hills on fb and watch it there XD
Well, I'd sooner claw out my eyes with a rusty melon baller than re-join faceborg, so... I'll try it again on the Android phone when I'm near some fast, free WiFi.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

jprestonian wrote:
LunaP wrote:That makes me have a sad.

Well, I'd sooner claw out my eyes with a rusty melon baller than re-join faceborg, so... I'll try it again on the Android phone when I'm near some fast, free WiFi.

:rofl: :rofl:

I hope that works!
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

yep. Android works. Good thing too; would've been sorry not to have seen this.

The wistful, dreamy, gushiness of "Meredith's" delivery was perfect.
The "blood in/blood out, beatdown" rite, substituting mass tickling...a student exercise, you say? Would really like to see the fully realized feature.

Ya know, the cinematography was terrific; there were a couple of rolling dolly shots that were show-stoppers. Remarkable stuff.
honi soit qui mal y pense
ComboOrgan

Post by ComboOrgan »

hilarious
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

Ah! Got the first 2:34 of it on the phone, anyway.

If I pause it for an hour, maybe the rest will get here.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Grrr.... my bandwith is total crap! The new housemates must be downloading a fuckton of data (I think I have a long time friend who is not being honest with her World of Warcraft addiction). Will have to wait until the morning. Sounds like it's a winner
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Punt_Speedchunk

Post by Punt_Speedchunk »

Luna,

Simply EPIC :lol: :rofl: ... thanks for sharing. That is just a delightful short film and great fodder for scooter related thoughts and giggles while on a study break!

I give it two wheels up... wait... umm... on second thought... not so much... but such cuteness.
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Great video....hilarious!
Scooting is good for the soul....

jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

LunaP,

Thanks for sharing. Minutes after I posted that, the phone had all the bits, and I was able to watch all the way through (after pausing it a few times to let the bits collect). Cute flick, good editing.

Hope you're continuing to feel stronger and less ouchie by the day.

-Jeff
Syd

Post by Syd »

Was it just my slow dsl line or was it stop motion-y?

[edit]The audio is smooth and clear, but the video looked to be mostly pictures strung together[/edit]
The majority is always sane - Nessus
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Syd wrote:Was it just my slow dsl line or was it stop motion-y?

[edit]The audio is smooth and clear, but the video looked to be mostly pictures strung together[/edit]
That was your dsl line, or some other technical gremlin. They used some slo-mo shots, but no stop motion.

I'm so sorry everybody seems to be having problems viewing it!! But I'm very glad everybody's getting a laugh out of it :wink:
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

totally awesome :) I love short films like this. although it makes me a bit sad cause the only place I saw other scooter folk was at the local shop which is now closed :cry: Suppose it's my fault though, I'm a super introvert so I don't generally seek out groups of people I don't already know :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

jasondavis48108 wrote:totally awesome :) I love short films like this. although it makes me a bit sad cause the only place I saw other scooter folk was at the local shop which is now closed :cry: Suppose it's my fault though, I'm a super introvert so I don't generally seek out groups of people I don't already know :lol:
I feel you, I'd be the same way without Lokky around. He's the extrovert half of us for sure. Not sure where Ann Arbor is in relation to us, but you're always welcome at one of the rallies around here!!
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Very well done actually!! Great audio, great camerawork. Of course, the anti-social part of me that fights the other part that forces me to be social feels just like the Astrologer in my head:P

But it was nice to see a Rattler getting some actual screen time. Actually looks cool with the other scoots. Only having seen one other in the wild, you tend to forget there are others out there.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Syd

Post by Syd »

LunaP wrote:
Syd wrote:Was it just my slow dsl line or was it stop motion-y?

That was your dsl line, or some other technical gremlin. They used some slo-mo shots, but no stop motion.

I'm so sorry everybody seems to be having problems viewing it!! But I'm very glad everybody's getting a laugh out of it :wink:
Funny, I tried it again today and it played as expected. (I kinda liked the stop action version though - Fantastic Mr Fox meets Quadrophenia)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
TVB

Post by TVB »

LunaP wrote:I feel you, I'd be the same way without Lokky around. He's the extrovert half of us for sure.
Yeah, that was my Andy's role, before he was taken from me. :(
Not sure where Ann Arbor is in relation to us, but you're always welcome at one of the rallies around here!!
It's in SE Michigan. A bit of ride for him. :)
viney266

Post by viney266 »

"and thats when I get down on all fours"...OMG ROFL...I LOVe it...nice SPAZ patch,too. already required viewing for all my scooter friends.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

neotrotsky wrote:But it was nice to see a Rattler getting some actual screen time. Actually looks cool with the other scoots. Only having seen one other in the wild, you tend to forget there are others out there.
You are not alone. There are like 4 other Rattlers still on the road.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Lotrat wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:But it was nice to see a Rattler getting some actual screen time. Actually looks cool with the other scoots. Only having seen one other in the wild, you tend to forget there are others out there.
You are not alone. There are like 4 other Rattlers still on the road.
:rofl:

I know personally of two. Both awesome guys very happy with their Rattlers.

EVEN BETTER

Scrolling down my fb feed to find that Genuine posted a link to the video, with this to say

"The hazing scene in this video is something every single Genuine employee had to go through before being hired. I can still taste that pizza. "

OMG I love you, Genuine :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

my DSL won't load vimeo feed very good, but downloading it using RealPlayer extension to watch later...
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

:lol: wonderful! I was sad when the credits started rolling. I hope eventually there's a part two!
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Hey with my two Rats that are still on the road that at least six of us, YAY! Rattler FTW!
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

great video! RVA definitely know's how to have a good time. Can't wait to see everyone again in Stanardsville next month. Nice 7 Hills SC ink BTW.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:great video! RVA definitely know's how to have a good time. Can't wait to see everyone again in Stanardsville next month. Nice 7 Hills SC ink BTW.
It's six weeks to the rally and already I can't hold my excitement!

I'll be also celebrating my graduation so it's gonna be an epic one ;)