Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skully93

Post by skully93 »

a couple of large scale projects went up, and the great migration north happened.
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

Saw an orange buddy 125 on the corner of Hwy 101 and Villa de la Valle at 440pm yesterday. I waved and you nodded.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Yesterday around 3:35 PM; white Buddy on Briarcliff crossing over Clairmont in the direction of North Druid Hills. Rider had a white helmet and green fleece vest. Was stuck behind an SUV so I couldn't wave easily. Thought it was MB member amy at first, but the scoot was missing a trunk and I know she's a fan of her Corazzo jacket...
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

9:30AM Sat 2/25 a light blue buddy caught my eye rolling west down Wilshire Blvd. can't remember the cross street, though

maybe it was YOU :shock:
Riding is riding
skully93

Post by skully93 »

This morning, prolly 6am, a black buddy (125?) parked bravely at 14th and market in Denver. Either the person works overnight, or they had to be there ridiculously early.
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

At 3:30 PM today I saw a Buddy 150 "Pamplona" with the burgundy/creme colors at the hardware store at the corner of Rockwell Blvd and NW Expressway in Oklahoma City.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Orange buddy near work (Jackson street?) in Denver. Looked very at home on it's porch.
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

A Cream Buddy 125 followed about a minute later by a Blue Buddy 125 coming up the hill southbound on Torrey Pines Road. I was on my Blue Buddy as well.
Syd

Post by Syd »

A Little Italia with matching topcase in front of Hoodlums Music in Tempe yesterday around noon.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
hal888

Post by hal888 »

A buddy 150 - powder blue - parked in the bike/motorcycle parking area when I was leaving work. Walked by this area a million times, and never saw it before.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Orange buddy 125 last night parked @ Broadway and Ellsworth in Denver, along with a black friend!
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Woman (probably a student) on a light blue Buddy pulling into the main entrance parking by the fountain at Baylor College of Medicine in the Texas Medical Center. See a lot of scooters around there and have even seen twin blue Buddies parked by the bike rack.

She was wearing a 3/4 helmet w/o a face shield...only reason I really noticed was because it was raining and I remember thinking that I was glad mine had a shield today!
Scooting is good for the soul....

jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Red Buddy and Pink Buddy ridden by two people in Corazzo jackets and FF helmets turning south on Sheridan from Midway in Broomfield, CO around 3:30 today. Great looking scoots and riders! A basket on the back of the red and on the front of the pink.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

3/12

buddy moving south at the intersection of san gabriel and garvey ave in the city of san gabriel. around 4:30pm or so
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw a black Buddy 125 this morning on Ventura/Cahuenga.

Then further down Cahuenga in Hollywood, got a "Hey, what's up?" from a guy on an orange Stella 2T. I know of a few other 2Ts around here, but hadn't seen this one before. What's up?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I have only seen mine locally (outside of the ones at my dealer...LOL); Vespas, Piaggios, some Aprilias, and varied other asian imports are what I see from time to time;

then there's the motorcycles & 2 types of riders...those that will actually acknowledge my wave and the ones that pretend not to see me on my lowly putt-putt mobile :P
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

I saw a black buddy yesterday in South St. Louis and I saw a Pamplona like mine going east on Delmar in the U-City Loop. The weather here in St. Louis has been wonderful.
96 Decibel Freaks
synaps3

Post by synaps3 »

Saw a woman riding a Saint Tropez this morning in Marietta, GA. She was traveling Northbound on 41, she had just passed the 120 loop.
Currently own: 2011 Honda PCX 125
Previously owned:2007 Buddy 125, 1988 Honda Spree, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2000 KTM 125SX, 1998 Honda PC800, 2x 2008 Buddy 125, 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 5 other bikes (hit text limit for sig)
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

saw a Blackjack in Kirkwood (area of Atlanta) while i was playing kickball. i think they saw my Buddy parked on the sidewalk and slowed down a little to look :-)
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Potent Pink Buddy on Nicollet and like 42nd or 43rd in Minneapolis late yesterday morning (first one I've seen in the wild), then a Seafoam one with two girls on southbound on Chicago midafternoon.
Coffeejunkie

Post by Coffeejunkie »

black sunshine wrote:saw a Blackjack in Kirkwood (area of Atlanta) while i was playing kickball. i think they saw my Buddy parked on the sidewalk and slowed down a little to look :-)
If they had on a red jacket and helmet, it was me.
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

seafoam green Bud parked outside a small theater just west of NoHo Scooters and east of Starbucks, there. around 1:00pm 3/22
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Young woman on a creme Stella, downtown LA.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Guy on an orange Stella parked next to me midafternoon today at Target on E. Lake St :-)

Seriously man, if you ever happen to read this: Helmet or sunblock ;-)

I can't even imagine how much sunburned scalp would hurt.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

lol
Riding is riding
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

The other day, on my way to my follow-up appt: Black Buddy with a front rack waiting to turn onto Monument Ave, male rider.

Then an Italia and a Seafoam Buddy- both of these chained at the bike rack at MCV Hospital.
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

ravenlore wrote:I can't even imagine how much sunburned scalp would hurt.
I can. I keep my hair short. If I don't use sunscreen then I can easily burn my ears or scalp. Baseball caps only protect my face. I need a bucket hat, but even that leaves my neck exposed.

Painful is one thing. It is painful. Almost worse is when it peels. That just looks ridiculous. It looks like REALLY bad dandruff until all of the burned area has sloughed off. Trying to put aloe vera or some other lotion on it to resolve it quickly is only so helpful. There will still be a ridiculous period.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
JohnnyScoots

Post by JohnnyScoots »

totally forgot to mention that I saw a light blue Buddy 125 headed toward downtown Nashville on Lebanon Road Sunday Night.

I had my wife on the back of mine and it appeared that we were both headed out for dinner with our dates on the back.

Are you on here?
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

3/28

South Pasadena, Fair Oaks Ave, around 4:00pm, Buddy Italia looking sharp, sounded like a 50cc

rider was male, tall, black half helmet, tan jacket, jeans, around middle age
Riding is riding
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

So I never get to post in this thread because I never see any Buddies! Yesterday I was at the orthodontist, and after I got my wet gear off (it was raining), a whole bunch of the staff came out and said, "There's another scooter in the lot! Do you know who it is?"

Turns out it was a Li'l Pamplona. I met the guy when I was leaving. So a big "hi" to Eric/Erik/Erich who was at his dentist. It takes riding on the East Side to see another Buddy. And of course I didn't have my camera.
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Seafoam green Buddy on Montrose near the Mecom fountain traffic circle. About 8:00 this morning.
Scooting is good for the soul....

ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Red 50 parked on the sidewalk on 2nd St outside the TCF Building (Downtown Minneapolis) at 3:45pm CDT
rfman81

Post by rfman81 »

Light Blue Buddy 125, Lady and matching helment, intersection of Bransford and Craigshead Nashville.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Three yesterday/last night!

Around 6:30pm, Cahuenga Blvd. N, exiting Hollywood, I lane split past a St. Tropez. Rider had a black helmet & red duffle bag.

Minutes later, a Pamplona on Olive/Barham. In the same area, there was a Blur parked with the other bikes at NY Film Academy/Warner.

Later that evening, around 7:30 maybe, a red Buddy on Laurel Canyon Blvd. Rider with a passenger.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Girl on a seafoam 50 near DeKalb Medical Center yesterday around 4:45...
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

blorf

Post by blorf »

Saw two 125's parked by the lunch trucks in Long Beach on Wednesday. One pink, one orange.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

My first Buddy in the wild.....!!
17th St at Gettysburg Rd Camp Hill Pa
A Pampolonia about 5:30 pm today.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
rfman81

Post by rfman81 »

Red buddy 125 male rider Franklin road by Harding.
rfman81

Post by rfman81 »

Another one today. Haven't seen a buddy in months and now 3 in the span of a week. Italia heading west on Wedgwood by 65.
jonesygirl

Lemoyne

Post by jonesygirl »

He wasn't on his Buddy, but a nice man at a stop sign on 12th St in Lemoyne rolled down his window to say hi and tell me that he also has a Buddy. Are you on here?

I was on my St Tropez, shivering from the cold rain. It was a bit of an emergency that I even had to ride him today. But thanks for saying hi!
S_Pata

Post by S_Pata »

Spotted 4 buddy 125s in my driveway today!
Attachments
imag0707.jpg
imag0707.jpg (65.78 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
imag0704k.jpg
imag0704k.jpg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
imag0702p.jpg
imag0702p.jpg (55.52 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Holy crap S_Pata, your gigantic files are killing my download time. Four Buddies, nice!
TelPerian

Post by TelPerian »

White Buddy 50 in Worcester, MA at CVS
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

gr8dog wrote:Holy crap S_Pata, your gigantic files are killing my download time.
Fixed! :)
KABarash

Re: Lemoyne

Post by KABarash »

jonesygirl wrote:He wasn't on his Buddy, but a nice man at a stop sign on 12th St in Lemoyne rolled down his window to say hi and tell me that he also has a Buddy. Are you on here?

I was on my St Tropez, shivering from the cold rain. It was a bit of an emergency that I even had to ride him today. But thanks for saying hi!
No it wasn't me........ :|
My 'spotting' I was riding as well....
Nullius in verba
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

KABarash wrote: No it wasn't me........ :|
I'll keep an eye out for you. Looks like we are both in the same local area :lol:

PS: Not a "Buddy" sighting, but saw a nice orange Stella parked on a sidewalk on Front St. Drove past it many times while I was working and it made me smile.
TelPerian

Post by TelPerian »

A green Vespa in the parking lot of my office in Needham, MA, and a red Vespa at the intersection of Arlington and Parsons St in Brighton, MA.

BTW Red Vespa driver, if you're out there, you didn't wave :p
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A twofer today!

Light blue Buddy, female rider in light blue Corazzo 5.0, full helmet, black top case with checkers on it. Riverside Blvd. around 9am. I see this one often, and think I've met the rider (maybe at an LASG ride? at NoHo?)

Black Buddy 125 with tan seat, Cahuenga/Ventura, around 9:15. Male rider. Yo.
shuyaku

Post by shuyaku »

Light blue Buddy, female rider in light blue Corazzo 5.0, full helmet, black top case with checkers on it. Riverside Blvd. around 9am. I see this one often, and think I've met the rider (maybe at an LASG ride? at NoHo?)
that was me! Yup - met at a couple of LASG rides via NoHo
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

jonesygirl wrote:
KABarash wrote: No it wasn't me........ :|
I'll keep an eye out for you. Looks like we are both in the same local area :lol:

PS: Not a "Buddy" sighting, but saw a nice orange Stella parked on a sidewalk on Front St. Drove past it many times while I was working and it made me smile.
I work in Camp Hill, live in Bainbridge area.

Saw a red Stella last week on Front St in Steelton parked on the sidewalk near the Barber Shop.........
Nullius in verba