Sharing some Buddy love

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mrandmrslindholm

Sharing some Buddy love

Post by mrandmrslindholm »

I took my Buddy out on a job today. When I got to my destination, I parked and began work. As I was working, I noticed 3 men circling my Buddy. They were checking him out from top to bottom and chatting amongst themselves. Later, 2 of the 3 came over to me to tell me how cool he was. It was a good day to share some Buddy love! :D
jonesygirl

Post by jonesygirl »

That's cool! I just got my Buddy last week and I'm enjoying getting compliments also. Mine is also a 2009 St Tropez. His name is Vinny :)
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

As a fellow St. Tropez owner, I have to agree, we are the fortunate ones. Good thing we also have the refinement and good taste to keep a low profile here on the board... :P

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sharing some Buddy love

Post by illnoise »

mrandmrslindholm wrote:I took my Buddy out on a job today. When I got to my destination, I parked and began work. As I was working, I noticed 3 men circling my Buddy. They were checking him out from top to bottom and chatting amongst themselves. Later, 2 of the 3 came over to me to tell me how cool he was. It was a good day to share some Buddy love!
And I watched
and then I checked my swatch
To see the time
The Soul had formed a Buddy line
And that buddy was mine all mine.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Buddy Love. the best love of all

a big, big love

guess the reference, win an e-cookie :)
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Sharing some Buddy love

Post by ericalm »

illnoise wrote:
mrandmrslindholm wrote:I took my Buddy out on a job today. When I got to my destination, I parked and began work. As I was working, I noticed 3 men circling my Buddy. They were checking him out from top to bottom and chatting amongst themselves. Later, 2 of the 3 came over to me to tell me how cool he was. It was a good day to share some Buddy love!
And I watched
and then I checked my swatch
To see the time
The Soul had formed a Buddy line
And that buddy was mine all mine.
We're going to talk about Buddy on this plate.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Tam Tam

Buddy fuzzy love

Post by Tam Tam »

It is always cool when strangers politely ask "How fast do you go? how much did that cost?" and several times couples have asked, "could we both ride on one of those together?"...you know what's cool? Buddy love is a phenomenon that exists only with Buddys - not with cruisers or crotch rockets...just Buddys.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

^ people ask me that all the time. always surprised at the answer. i was flying down Colorado last week on a Blackjack (well if 45mph is flying lol) and when traffic caught up to me some homeboys shouted out "f- man look at that! yo how fast it go!" so i told 'em and they were impressed. neat way for gang members to get around i would think? potential drive bys have never been so much fun!

yesterday a lil Mini Coop pulled up alongside my Agility. thought it was gonna beat me off the light on Huntington Dr here in my part of town. i love when i can feel them struggling beside me as i reach 40 and then 50mph. what guys are you really gonna go 60mph in a 40mph zone to over take my little scoot going 50mph?

nah. they gave up :)
Riding is riding
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Lotta St Tropez owners in here! :D It was the slowest selling international, but it happens to be my fav. I had the choice between it and a Pamplona. I still dont get much Buddy love in my parts but whatever.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson