Hi! New Buddy Owner here

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AlleyOops

Hi! New Buddy Owner here

Post by AlleyOops »

Hi everyone!! I just bought a Seafoam Green Buddy 125 and she should be delivered early next week. I turn 30 on the 15th and have been saying for the past 5-6 years that I wanted a scooter, so I finally did it. I'm SO excited!! Best birthday present ever. Even if I did buy it for myself.

These forums are great.. I've already been reading a ton. Hopefully the weather gets warmer and so I can actually ride her, stupid upstate NY. 8)

-Ally
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Congrats and welcome! I did the same thing - I read the heck out of MB before ever setting foot in the dealership.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Welcome, AlleyOops! Great people and tons of useful info on this forum.
PeteH wrote:I did the same thing - I read the heck out of MB before ever setting foot in the dealership.

Ditto Pete....I read MB for hours before buying the iScoot. Also signed up for the MSF safety course before buying. Best investment for safe and enjoyable riding you will make.

BTW, Seafoam Buddy is the best!! :wink:
Last edited by scubadoobie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scooting is good for the soul....

Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Welcome! I tell everyone that my scooter was probably the best single purchase I have ever made. Have a blast

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Welcome fellow Upstate New Yorker!

I'm on the opposite side of the state, but hey, there aren't a whole bunch of us up here :P Too bad you missed out on the 80* temps a couple of weeks ago, it was perfect for scooting around. That being said, idk how the weather has been out near Niagra and Buffalo, but it hasn't been terrible here. Get yourself a nice jacket with a liner, you'll be fine riding around in the 40s and 50s.

I LOVE the seafoam Buddies! Enjoy, I'm sure you'll have a blast :D

(btw, my name is Ali too... spelled differently of course)
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Howdy and welcome to the madness that is MB.
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Congrats Ally! That color is great! A little feminine for me but for the fairer sex 2 thumbs up!(sorry in advance to the guys with seafoam green Buddys) It seems like alot of new Buddys are being bought, and thats great for the dealers and the scooter community. ModernBuddy is an awesome tool for the Buddy owner, one of the perks of buying Genuine.

P.S. My favorite B-day presents seem to be the ones I give myself. :wink:
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Sometimes presents you buy yourself are the best, you always know exactly what you want, so you can't go wrong!

Welcome to MB! Read up and post us pics when you get him/her. Do you have a name? There's a name thread somewhere... wish we could sticky threads like that :)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

'sup alleyoop? welcome! :D
Riding is riding
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

LunaP wrote:Sometimes presents you buy yourself are the best, you always know exactly what you want, so you can't go wrong!

Welcome to MB! Read up and post us pics when you get him/her. Do you have a name? There's a name thread somewhere... wish we could sticky threads like that :)
Yep! I've named her Jolene.... I'm a huge White Stripes fan and love their cover of the song ;) I was temped to get a red buddy and name him Jack....but in the end I like the seafoam color better.
- Ally
JBenjimin

Post by JBenjimin »

Wow, another scooter in Lewiston. I just got mine a little over a week ago. Hope to see you around town.
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

JBenjimin wrote:Wow, another scooter in Lewiston. I just got mine a little over a week ago. Hope to see you around town.
wow! What are the odds :) I'm sure we will see each other around.. if this weather ever gets nicer! :D
- Ally