Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rkcoker

Post by rkcoker »

Orange Buddy (yesterday, the 18th) in Oak Cliff parked on Bishop between 7th and 8th.
Southern singular is y'all
Southern plural is "all y'all"
Tom

Post by Tom »

Actually forgot to mention I saw one day before yesterday(4-17) on Hollister in Goleta, heading into Santa Barbara. Don't remember the color. Bet they were coming from the scooter shop that I was heading into..
Ok, so I only mention it because it's the first I've seen on the road! Pretty cool..
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

shuyaku wrote:
Light blue Buddy, female rider in light blue Corazzo 5.0, full helmet, black top case with checkers on it. Riverside Blvd. around 9am. I see this one often, and think I've met the rider (maybe at an LASG ride? at NoHo?)
that was me! Yup - met at a couple of LASG rides via NoHo
Thought so! I'm usually getting my coffee, not riding, when I see you go by! :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

A two-fer today in St. Louie. First a Saint Tropez tucked into a bar parking lot outside of today's Cardinal game, and then a mocha 170i outside of Milo's Bocce Garden.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Bocce Garden? I want a Bocce Garden!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Heheh, it's a St. Louis thang. I live in an Italian enclave (my kids all got 9 years of Italian in parochial school) and many of the bars have bocce courts, plus there's a serious bocce/social club facility with three indoor courts. They run a winter youth program for the kids. Several national champs have come from STL.

I feel a little conspicuous riding a non-Vespa through the neighborhood! :D
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

So you live on The Hill!!!! I love that area. I go to the coffee shop next to Viviano's on Shaw regularly. I go a lot more now because a 50cc scooter is a lot easier to park. I often go down Skinker as it turns into McCausland, make a left onto Arsenal and I'm on the hill in a flash. What a great place to live :D
96 Decibel Freaks
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

I spotted ME riding down Colorado Blvd in Pasadena at around 10:00pm. Rider seemed to be full of coffee and scones but I cannot confirm.

Black hoodie (oh oh)
Snazzy black and white FF helmet
Jeans
Black hi-tops

Riding a Blackjack like a scooting maniac while cages actually don't move on green lights! Too busy looking for friends and things on the sidewalk. I caught a glimpse of myself in a car window.

Ah, c'mon guys! I want to be "sighted!" I am on this thing three nights a week now time permitting and have not been sighted once :(

You'll find me roaring around San Marino, South Pasadena, Pasadena, and all over the general area. Lookout for me!

6'3 250 on a Buddy BJ. Easy to spot.

I can't wait! :mrgreen:
Riding is riding
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

JHScoot wrote:I spotted ME

Ah, c'mon guys! I want to be "sighted!"
Yeah......... probably ain't gonna happen, especially NOW......... :P
At least you have a better chance than I though, I think the the entire state of Pennsylvania has less buddys and/or scoots in general than one square mile of anywhere else.

BTW What kind of Hi-Tops are you wearing? My Vans Sk8-hi are dead. :roll:
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Yup, most likely cursed myself. I thought it might be my night because as I left the driveway a matte black Nissan Altima (i lie to you not) with red rims passed right before me. I looked, they looked and smiled, I took it as a sign :)

I must say spending more time on the little BJ really has shown me that yeah, it attracts a lot of stares and even some rubber necking. I used to think my Agility got more looks, but no. It's not important to me as no one is looking at me. But I see their eyes move all over the scooter and wonder "what are they thinking?"

Anyway, good morning to you, Kabarash. Or whenever you see this. Hope all is well with you and yours this fine weekend. The hi-tops? Well I got them several months ago and they have become my favorite to wear while riding. I notice with other sneakers the soles wear from riding, and they start seeming worn. But these have been amazing. I bought another pair, even. The fabric is strong but pliable and fit like a second skin, they are somewhat "warm" to wear, and the soles look good as new after thousands of miles rode!

Fila Original Canvas Hi. Also available with a white outer sole . Those have a green stripe as well as a red around the ankle of the shoe, and a green and red stripe along the inside of the outer sole. I have both versions, and they both look good.

Riding is riding
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

JHScoot wrote: Anyway, good morning to you, Kabarash. Or whenever you see this. Hope all is well with you and yours this fine weekend. The hi-tops? Well I got them several months ago and they have become my favorite to wear while riding. I notice with other sneakers the soles wear from riding, and they start seeming worn. But these have been amazing. I bought another pair, even. The fabric is strong but pliable and fit like a second skin, they are somewhat "warm" to wear, and the soles look good as new after thousands of miles rode!
Yep, thanks....... 'life is good' today.
Anyway, I need some new hi-tops, my Vans have 'self destructed' on the inside, the inside of the collar split all to heck within the first few months, soles are still great however.
Black shoes and/or boots have always been "'warm' to wear" even my old Jungle style combat boots, seems to just suck up the warmth of the sun......
Nullius in verba
rkcoker

Post by rkcoker »

Saw a green 150(?) carrying a guy and gal on Routh in Dallas today. :atgatt: :helmet:
Southern singular is y'all
Southern plural is "all y'all"
Collette

Post by Collette »

JHScoot wrote:I spotted ME riding down Colorado Blvd in Pasadena at around 10:00pm. Rider seemed to be full of coffee and scones but I cannot confirm.

Black hoodie (oh oh)
Snazzy black and white FF helmet
Jeans
Black hi-tops

Riding a Blackjack like a scooting maniac while cages actually don't move on green lights! Too busy looking for friends and things on the sidewalk. I caught a glimpse of myself in a car window.

Ah, c'mon guys! I want to be "sighted!" I am on this thing three nights a week now time permitting and have not been sighted once :(

You'll find me roaring around San Marino, South Pasadena, Pasadena, and all over the general area. Lookout for me!

6'3 250 on a Buddy BJ. Easy to spot.

I can't wait! :mrgreen:
Haha Im moving back (Im from Pasadena) this summer ! Hopefully you dont have to wait that long to be sighted though :(
If you want to know where a road leads, ask someone on their way back.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

^Right?

I don't see a lot of Buddy's around the area. The times I have it's been while sitting and having coffee at the corner of California and Lake, what with Cal Tech being just across the street, essentially

I have spotted three or four or five of them at that intersection from time to time. Blue, black, Italia, and St Topaz. May sound like enough, but I see more Vino's, Elite's, and Chinese around. Oh, and Vespa, of course. Quite a number of Vespa's around that area as you may well know

But still not a lot. Just compared to no scooters at all :(
Riding is riding
Mutt the Hoople

I saw a red Stella on Arsenal around 4:00 this afternoon :D
96 Decibel Freaks
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Thornton, Colorado.
128th Ave, coming around East Lake at about 6:45 p.m. on Monday 4/23.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Green Buddy (like mine!) around 5 p m at Mecom fountain.
Scooting is good for the soul....

keith1295

Post by keith1295 »

Burgundy Buddy at intersection of Pecos and Arizona Ave @ 3:00 on April 23..
keith1295

Post by keith1295 »

Orange Stella eastbound baseline @ 6:15
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Buddy Italia on University Drive in Auburn after lunch as I was going to the movies.

BTW, John Cusack makes a pretty good Poe.
easy

Post by easy »

crossville tn at clothing op campground blackjack with 21 on it. Close sources said that rider had lonng ride home with sunburned bum
what did you trade the day for?
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I've Buddy never seen a Buddy in the "wild"... As far as I know I'm the only person with a Buddy in the Mojave desert of California....(Hope NOT though)
Jana

Orange buddy in Arnold, MO

Post by Jana »

Hi All!

Yeah, long time no see.... nothing bad, just bizzy, baby! :lol:

I have an orange/tangerine Buddy 125, and saw another one just like mine at the Arnold Taco Bell the other day. That's two of the dealer's original 3 Orange ones accounted for. :wink: So....whoever has it, you've been spotted!

Lovin' Sting! (now I'm sad because it's raining *again* and I can't ride today) :cry:

Jana
HepCat

nice scooty man

Post by HepCat »

Been riding mine all of one day.. saw a red one on Puyallup ave Tacoma, WA. heh... Nice scooty man
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Orange Stella, east bound on the 2100 block of Market St. Lemoyne, Pa. about 4pm today.
Nullius in verba
opposable_thumbs

Post by opposable_thumbs »

Red Stella east bound on 10th Street in Greeley at 6:35 PM tonight (passing Walgreens when I spotted you). Looked like you had a tan Prima roll bag on back. Possibly Lovelandstella?
S_Pata

Post by S_Pata »

Saw a psycho buddy @ nw 36th & meridian
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

I'd bet dollars to donuts that was our very own run_sarah_run or her husband, as they have "his and her" Psycho's :)

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9329

Hey sarah, you've been spotted! :ninja:
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Wow, forgot to post my first Psycho sighting in the wild!

A couple days ago, around 6-6:30 PM. Psycho with NoHo Scooters dealer plate was on Riverside in Toluca Lake, then headed up Lankershim.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

I see so many Buddies riding around here all the time that I feel like I'm jaded hah. Other Denver/Boulder peeps... do you ever try to engage with the Buddies you see and tell them about MB or do you just let people be?
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
» Departed: 2004 Subaru WRX, 1999 1/2 VW GTI
velobuff

Post by velobuff »

I have a few recent posts on my scooter blog with scooter sightings in the downtown Boulder area. I did a blog post of scooters we saw on our walk to breakfast this AM....

http://phalanx.phpwebhosting.com/comminuted/wordpress/

Including my favorite Buddy 50 :)
opposable_thumbs

Post by opposable_thumbs »

un_designer wrote:I see so many Buddies riding around here all the time that I feel like I'm jaded hah. Other Denver/Boulder peeps... do you ever try to engage with the Buddies you see and tell them about MB or do you just let people be?
I'm usually riding when I see them but I wave and honk like a mad woman! I've never had anyone not respond in a positive manner back!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

un_designer wrote:I see so many Buddies riding around here all the time that I feel like I'm jaded hah. Other Denver/Boulder peeps... do you ever try to engage with the Buddies you see and tell them about MB or do you just let people be?
Why so many scooters in Denver? And Buddy's in particular?

Also, does the "mile high" altitude mean performance adjustments with the carb and airflow?
Riding is riding
rajron

Post by rajron »

Light Blue Buddy 125 with metal basket on the front – in the back of a small Motor Home Colorado License, not sure what was on the Buddy – Hwy 14 going north right outside of Madrid New Mexico.

I write this conscious of the fact we are not supposed to be negative and demeaning, but, dude you need to learn how to drive. I was one of the two scooters, one red and one black trying/waiting to pass you as you slowly traveled that route – I saw you speed up when the guy behind you, the guy just in front of us got frustrated with your driving and finally passed you, we made space as you tried to crowed him after he passed you. We let you use the whole lane, weaving, like you were out of control with your speed and waited as you sped up when there was a passing lane not allowing us to pass; we just patiently waited to pass. When we did pass you on the double lane right outside of Santa Fe we noticed you slowed and started to drive more sensible – I hope you make it to wherever you are going safely.
Syd

Post by Syd »

White Buddy in front of the Southern & McClintock Blockbuster at 7:30pm.

The surprising part isn't the Buddy, it's that we still have a Blockbuster!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Lovelandstella

Post by Lovelandstella »

opposable_thumbs wrote:Red Stella east bound on 10th Street in Greeley at 6:35 PM tonight (passing Walgreens when I spotted you). Looked like you had a tan Prima roll bag on back. Possibly Lovelandstella?
yup- that was me! Cool! I've been spotted!
~Lovelandstella
----------------------------------------
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

JHScoot wrote:

Also, does the "mile high" altitude mean performance adjustments with the carb and airflow?
idk i guess denver is just really scooter-friendly. at least denver proper anyway. there are many in-roads and side-roads that make getting around easy on a scooter if one chooses to avoid the major roads. and i guess the weather makes it easy to ride too. plus, there are 3 dealers in the general area so i guess that probably helps too.
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
S_Pata

Post by S_Pata »

I liked how that psyhco looked so I went and bought one!
HepCat

tacoma sighting

Post by HepCat »

Black on black buddy at the Safeway on Pearl, about an hour ago
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I try, figuring I'll meet more of my local members here. However, there are a lot of 'new' people that don't yet count themselves as scooter folk, just people who bought scooters. Came up on a couple with 50's in a park, waved, and they looked at me like I should find a fire and die in it. They were in sandals and sunglasses, I had my ff on..
TelPerian

Post by TelPerian »

Orange buddy, driver wearing an orange helmet on Washington St in Brighton.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

Last night around 7:45p-ish, going northbound on Bannock Street right by the new Clifford Still Museum. Guy in a suit riding a Buddy.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

Sunday, maybe around 12:20pm or 12:30pm, on Stout in between the two 1-way halves of Speer Blvd: 2-up on a Series Italia with full-face helmets. We were also riding 2-up on Speer heading toward Cherry Creek and also on a Series Italia.
HepCat

Little Italy Pioneer Square

Post by HepCat »

Red Buddy parked behind Little Italy in Pioneer Square Seattle
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

un_designer wrote:
JHScoot wrote:

idk i guess denver is just really scooter-friendly. at least denver proper anyway. there are many in-roads and side-roads that make getting around easy on a scooter if one chooses to avoid the major roads. and i guess the weather makes it easy to ride too. plus, there are 3 dealers in the general area so i guess that probably helps too.
Yeah, I was watching the news today and in one brief remote, I saw 3 scooters pass by in the background. I live in the 'burbs and still see many scooters around. But when I'm "in the city" they are as prevalent as the prairie dogs!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
GavinH

Post by GavinH »

My first post, picked up my first scooter last Friday, a Buddy 170i, have to say I love it. Commuted to work on it the last 2 days. Saluted another Buddy rider on 11400 S in Draper,UT at about 5pm this evening, he was on a 125. He saluted back, passed another this evening on about 9th and 9th in Salt Lake City.
Have to say I am impressed with power on it.

Gav
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

GavinH wrote:My first post, picked up my first scooter last Friday, a Buddy 170i, have to say I love it. Commuted to work on it the last 2 days. Saluted another Buddy rider on 11400 S in Draper,UT at about 5pm this evening, he was on a 125. He saluted back, passed another this evening on about 9th and 9th in Salt Lake City.
Have to say I am impressed with power on it.

Gav
Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to MB!
Mutt the Hoople

Orange Buddy, on Delmar on The Loop, across from the Tivoli, about 3-ish yesterday afternoon. Three more scooters parked at Left Bank Books in the Central West End early evening but I was heading down McPhereson towards Kingshighway and didn't get a god look to see if any of them were Buddies or other Genuine models. :D
96 Decibel Freaks
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Black Buddy 50 on Lavista Road crossing Clairmont this morning around 7:45.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

rfman81

Post by rfman81 »

Cream buddy on Nolensville by 440 intersection. Male rider. Also so the light blue buddy with lady rider this morning but I have posted about that before so that doesn't count.