Blur tires

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itcardoc

Blur tires

Post by itcardoc »

Good luck trying to find replacement tires or back-up tires. Can't seem to find anyone anywhere that has these tires! Maxxis 120/60-13 front and 130/60-13 rear. I e-mailed Scooterworks and am still waiting for their reply. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I thought you were maybe being a little paranoid, but man, you're right...

The rear isn't that rare, a few manufacturers make 'em and other scooters use 'em, even if they're hard to find here, there's always Europe.

But I can't find anything else that uses that front tire, it looks like the G-Max and a couple chinese scooters are the only people using them.

120/70-13 tires seem a bit more common and that's a pretty minimal difference (The first number is the width, which is the same, and the second number is the aspect ratio, which means that the tread radius of the 70 would be 10% bigger than the 60, which would be a 12mm difference, not in any danger of scraping the fender or anything, but I'd wanna do some more research before using one.

If Scooterworks doesn't have Blur tires in stock, that's going to be pretty disappointing.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

We've been using (effectively) 130/60-13 on the front.

It's a much more common tire being used on the Back of the Blur and also on the TGB scooters and a few others.

We carry it from a few different manufacturers:

Maxxis M6029 (130/70-13) $58
Shinko SR425 (130/60-13) $42
Kenda K413 (120/60-13) $34
Bridgestone ML50 (130/60-13) L Rated for speeds up to 75 mph $96
Michelin Pilot Sport SC (130/60P-13) P rated for speeds up to 93 mph $62
Michelin Pilot City (120/70P-13) P rated for speeds up to 93 mph $62

Those are what we carry, there are several others that will work as well.

We have seen excellent tread wear on the Blur scooters. Of course it's been hard to calculate using Blur Distance Units, but the Vespa GT and Vespa LX seem to need new rear tires after only 2500 miles or so. I don't know if Pirelli has a back-door deal with Piaggio, but the customers aren't happy.
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

i've been lurking here for a while, trying to decide between the blur and the buddy. i looove the styling of the blur. and from what i have read from the handling, i love that too.

but this problem of no supply chain really worries me. i've seen it over and over on dozens of threads. does anyone know if this is something that genuine has addressed at all? and if they intend on fixing what appears to be a problem with no supply for spare parts?

it's really making the buddy more attractive to me.
pocphil
Dealer

Post by pocphil »

No Supply Chain?

I'm sorry, but I'm confused...nobody has EVER complained about there being "no supply chain" for these scooters.

We have had 1 ongoing issue with Genuine and that has been replacement body panels for the Buddy scooter. The reason for the shortcoming is 2 fold...

1- The buddy is available in more colors than any other scooter, so more parts have to be kept on hand in more colors.

2- The buddy has been crashed more than any other scooter we've ever seen. This is usually because the typical buddy owner is a first timer with no riding experience, logic dictates you'll see more crashes.

We've never waited more than 3 days for ANY Blur part and I think we've got enough Blurs on the road to know if there was any sort of a shortage.

Regarding the tires, it's no different than the oddball tires we saw Vespa put on their LX50/150 or the Strange sizes we saw TGB put on their bikes. If you want a struggle, try finding tires for the Kymco People range of scooters which currently use 6 different tire sizes among the range.

If you love the look of the scooter, it fits you, and it has the power you're looking for...BUY IT.

There will ALWAYS be a reason to not buy something if you look hard enough.
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com
itcardoc

buddy/blur parts supplys?

Post by itcardoc »

Hey there, just wanted to chime in again on my own thread. I ABSOLUTELY love my new Blur! Parts supply never once worried me. Blur and Buddy both come from the same company ... PGO in Taiwan. There are alot of countries that have been selling PGO G-MAX 50,125,150,200 and now 250s. This is the same exact scooter as the Blur. So other than the colors on the plastic, you should have world wide parts supplies. They have had nothing but GOOD write-ups in other magazines. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

sorry pocphil, no harm meant.

this is one of the threads i was referring to...
topic2379.html

believe me, i don't want to find anything wrong with this scooter, i've already fallen in love.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Phil's a good friend and one of the very best (from a consumer and a manufacturer standpoint) dealers out there, and a good friend, so I trust his word, but the reality is that there are a few people on this list that have had some problems getting parts. That may be becuase their dealer isn't as pro-active (or as tight with Genuine) as Phil, or it could be other factors. That said, even if they're not perfect, Genuine seems to be one of the better manufacturers as far as parts supply, from what I've heard they're on par with Kymco, and quite a bit better than Piaggio, and even Honda and Yamaha dealers can take a while to get parts, so I definitely wouldn't rule out a Blur or (especially) the Buddy for that reason. The Buddy is selling like crazy and there should be a good supply of spares for a long time, and plenty of parts bikes after the spares dry up. The Blur will probably never reach that kind of popularity here, but it's a popular scooter worldwide so it may take a bit more work, but Blur parts should not be a problem either.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.