Does anyone know what these lights are for?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ret63

Post by ret63 »

I just picked up my new Buddy Italia 50 and I cant seem to figure out how they turn on.
Attachments
scoot.jpg
scoot.jpg (58.07 KiB) Viewed 739 times
theflash784

Dead Lights

Post by theflash784 »

Those are known as dead lights. In other countries they are turn signal/running lights. They do not meet DOT standards here so they are disconnected and DOT turn signals are installed. You can get a kit to activate them if you want
theflash784

Dead Lights

Post by theflash784 »

By the way...Welcome! I hope you enjoy your new scooter.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
TVB

Re: Does anyone know what these lights are for?

Post by TVB »

ret63 wrote:Does anyone know what these lights are for?
I just picked up my new Buddy Italia 50 and I cant seem to figure out how they turn on.
To turn them on you have to whisper sexy things to your scooter. :)
custuphman

Post by custuphman »

ret63 wrote:Does anyone know what these lights are for?
Voodoo scooter parts makes a harness to hook them up. If your buddy was bought new, check with the dealer before making any changes. I was told any changes or mods to the electric or drivetrain would void my warranty
ret63

Post by ret63 »

Thanks for your help..
I think i will oder that kit.

Also thanks for making a nebbie feel welcome!
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

In these here parts we call 'em noobs :P . Welcome, you found a great bunch of people here.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
TVB

Post by TVB »

custuphman wrote:If your buddy was bought new, check with the dealer before making any changes. I was told any changes or mods to the electric or drivetrain would void my warranty
Not exactly. If you mess with some part of the scooter and it causes problems, they won't fix that. For example, if you hook up the deadlights as full-time running lights and it kills the battery, don't expect a free replacement battery. But you can safely hook up the deadlights without worrying that Genuine won't honor the warranty if the exhaust pipe explodes, or the gearbox chews itself up, or the DOT blinkers fall off, or anything else unrelated to the changes you make. If you're worried that your dealer will try to play lawyer and look for excuses to refuse you warranty coverage (which would be silly, because they get reimbursed for warranty work), you could always deinstall the deadlight adapter before bringing it in to have whatever-else-it-is fixed.