Seat Cover Review

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scubadoobie

Seat Cover Review

Post by scubadoobie »

I'm taking a suggestion from someone on another thread and doing a review of the seat covers I recently purchased from Cheeky Seats.

First, a little background. I'm new to scooting, having bought a 2012 Buddy 125 last October. My experience is limited, but I'm getting there and enjoying every minute of it! It was nice fall weather when when I got the iScoot and we had a mild winter, so I've ridden it nearly every day. However, the weather has already started warming up here in Houston...it will be Hell-hot in another month....and I noticed the seat was getting too hot to deal with after being parked in the sun for a couple of hours. Then, at a recent Houston Scooter Battalion group scoot, I noticed someone had a seat-cover on their scooter. I was amazed what a difference that little strip of fabric made in the heat and it added so much character to the scooter!

Thus began my quest for a seat cover and, of course, the first place I looked was on the MB forum! (I didn't get a chance to ask the rider where she got her seat cover.) I checked out a couple of links and decided to go with a cover from Cheeky Seats after seeing their large selection fabrics and designs.

I ordered two: the Organic Scooters and the Peace Signs. Hey, moods change, ya know! (Actually ordered a different Peace Signs cover, but more on that later.) Both are very well made and are a perfect fit. They are snug, cut and sewn to match the original seam on the seat, no wrinkles or puckers anywhere, and basically just look like original equipment with a little flair! They are easy to install and remove....just slip it on when the seat is open and adjust the fit with a little bungee/pull-stop arrangement. EDIT: Both are made with light-weight, but sturdy cotton fabrics.

The Organic Scooters cover is a great color match for my seafoam Buddy. It's kind of whimsical and looks like "summer". The Peace Signs are such great colors and they really pop on that black background. And how can I resist putting that cover on with all the flower-power stickers?? In addition to adding some style and uniqueness to the iScoot, they keep the seat COOL! That was my goal....the spiffy new look is a bonus! I haven't had to clean them yet, but will update this post when the time comes.

I can't say enough about the great customer service from Cheeky Seats. The Organic Scooter cover arrived within a week of submitting my order, but the Peace Sign order was problematic because they had run out of that particular fabric. Suzy contacted me after a couple of days of searching for the exact fabric. It was clear that she had searched all her suppliers to try to find it before emailing me with the bad news. She offered a full refund, but also sent images of other similar fabrics she found to see if any of those would work. As you can see, she found a good substitute! Susy ordered the new fabric, waited a few days for it to arrive, made the cover and express mailed it to me. It was happily installed on my scooter a week after she ordered the fabric. She kept me informed of what was happening and where we were in the process at every step...very mindfull of the whole concept of "satisfied customer".

So, the bottom line is that I recommend getting a cover to keep the seat cool in the summer and to jazz up the look of your scooter, and you can't go wrong buying one from Cheeky Seats!

Happy scooting,
Brenda

This thread has pictures of the Organic Scooter cover.

Here are pics the Peace Sign cover.
Attachments
peacebuddy2_mb.jpg
peacebuddy2_mb.jpg (39.71 KiB) Viewed 263 times
IMG_0655-1.jpg
IMG_0655-1.jpg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 263 times
IMG_0654-1.jpg
IMG_0654-1.jpg (29.45 KiB) Viewed 263 times
IMG_0658-1.jpg
IMG_0658-1.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Cooooool... I think Manuel needs some faux fur... And chrome... More chrome.

And that's the problem I have with the second scooter I have been looking at...the Sym HD200... Great scoot, but the look. Okay, I could deal with that, but the colours... The red is nice, but red is a speeding ticket magnet. Blue...eh. Silver... Light silver booooooooring zzzzzzzzzzzz. I like the looks of the People better, but the Sym rides so well, but boooooooring. No two tone... No chrome... Sigh. Plus the dealer has a great deacon the silver one but booooorrrrring. I love the look of my Pamplona. Wonder if any,one has dressed up the HD200 a bit. Any ideas?

Your scoot looks great BTW :D
96 Decibel Freaks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Thanks for the review! Cheeky is a MB advertiser. We'll be doing a seat cover giveaway at some point.

I recently approached a new member in our scooter group about what I thought was a custom black & white checkered upholstery job on her GT200. Turns out it was a Cheek seat cover! Didn't look at all like a cover and the quality was really impressive.

I just wish I had thought to get one first! Would look great on the Stella.
Attachments
seat.JPG
seat.JPG (109.88 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:Cooooool... I think Manuel needs some faux fur... And chrome... More chrome.( .....stuff deleted.........)........Blue...eh. Silver... Light silver booooooooring zzzzzzzzzzzz. I like the looks of the People better, but the Sym rides so well, but boooooooring. No two tone... No chrome... Sigh. Plus the dealer has a great deacon the silver one but booooorrrrring. Wonder if any,one has dressed up the HD200 a bit. Any ideas?
Bling it up!! I promise a seat cover will make a huge difference in the look. Get something colorful and unexpected to kill the boredom.
Scooting is good for the soul....