[NSR] NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

[NSR] NBA Playoffs

Post by JHScoot »

Thread is self explanatory.

GO LAKERS
GO PACERS
GO CELTICS
GO CLIPPERS

Woo-Hoo the West is the BEST!

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets :clap:
Last edited by JHScoot on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Riding is riding
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Ive lost a bit of interest in the NBA the last few years. That said, Id like to see the Thunder win it all. And JH, Kobe's run is over man. Never win another in a Lakers jersey. :P
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
kimmiekarma

Post by kimmiekarma »

:lol:
laxer

Post by laxer »

I'd love to see the Clips go, but It's gonna be the Spurs vs the Pacers in the finals (barring any interference from that criminal David Stern), and the Spurs will win it all. They're just too deep and too consistent for anyone else to compete with this year.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Raiderfn311 wrote:Ive lost a bit of interest in the NBA the last few years. That said, Id like to see the Thunder win it all. And JH, Kobe's run is over man. Never win another in a Lakers jersey. :P
The Thunder are awesome. If the Lakers have to go, best it's the Thunder to dispatch them. Them boys are ballers, to be sure.

Kobe's run, over? He could have had the scoring title and is playing like a young man. He has three or four "Kobe seasons" left, I would say.
laxer wrote:I'd love to see the Clips go, but It's gonna be the Spurs vs the Pacers in the finals (barring any interference from that criminal David Stern), and the Spurs will win it all. They're just too deep and too consistent for anyone else to compete with this year.
SA is an awesome organisation. And with it's mix of championship veterans, good young players, and great coaching they are going to be one tough out. Most likely damn near impossible to win in a 7 game series

Miami lost last night :D.
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Though I don't really care that much for the participants, and would like to see good matchups, I just have to say Fear the Beard, LA. Go Thunder.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Keys

Post by Keys »

Don't care.
"Life without music would Bb"
hal888

Post by hal888 »

I've been a Celtics fan since the days of Larry Bird and Kevin McHale.
Syd

Post by Syd »

hal888 wrote:I've been a Celtics fan since the days of Larry Bird and Kevin McHale.
I am genetically engineered to be a Celtics fan. So it's too bad that I have to root against the self-described best team of all time Over Heated.
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Keys wrote:Don't care.
Why post? :?
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Syd wrote:
hal888 wrote:I've been a Celtics fan since the days of Larry Bird and Kevin McHale.
I am genetically engineered to be a Celtics fan. So it's too bad that I have to root against the self-described best team of all time Over Heated.
I on the other hand am genetically engineered to be opposed to that puke green shamrock of a team. Bird and McHale brought nothing but heartache. Not to mention the rest.

But I'll always have Magic's Baby Hook ftw :)

I like this "new" Celtics, however. My fave team from the east. I like Doc and the "Big Four." They are tough, resilient, and reliable, it would seem. Rondo is awesome. When he played that one playoff game with a dislocated elbow last season? That was great!
Last edited by JHScoot on Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Raiderfn311 wrote:
Why ask?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, since the Bulls dropped out early, I've moved on to my "anyone but" list.

Anyone but the Heat.

In MLB, once the Cubs are out (yeah I know, that's usually in April) it's anyone but the Yankees.

NFL .... anyone but the Pack.

NHL ... I didn't really have that filled, but after the dirty, cheap hit by Torres that knocked Hossa out (and he's still suffering problems from the severe concussion). the Phoenix Coyotes may fill that void. Although I respect their coach and for the most part the rest of the team.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Syd

Post by Syd »

JHScoot wrote:
Syd wrote:
I on the other hand am genetically engineered to be opposed to that puke green shamrock of a team. Bird and McHale brought nothing but heartache. Not to mention the rest.

I like this "new" Celtics, however. My fave team from the east. I like Doc and the "Big Four." They are tough, resilient, and reliable, it would seem. Rondo is awesome. When he played that one playoff game with a dislocated elbow last season? That was great!
Favorite memory from one of the many Celtic/Lakers finals was McHale guarding Kareem on the outside of the low post, with Kareem leaning on McHale, trying to move him further out. Leaning and pushing and leaning and McHale just steps to the side! Classic. Kareem ends up on his butt. Haha!
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Syd wrote:
Raiderfn311 wrote:
Why ask?

Why ask why? :P Seriously, this talk of the old Celtics and "Showtime" Lakers make me yearn for those years. Those Piston teams of the late 80's were cool too. The Bulls were The Bulls. You had Ewing and the Knicks, "The Dream" in Houston. Maybe being younger helped me get into it, I dont know. I guess I should watch a series or two and see how they "take". :) And Syd, to answer your first question, it annoyed me, since this was a "NSR" thread and thats all he had to say. Not a big deal in the least, but saying what I said was fair.
hal888

Post by hal888 »

JHScoot wrote:

I completely agree. They went through some tough years, but the Celts are the best.
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

go SA were quietly headed for our fifth championship with timmy and crew , GO Spurs!! i love watching the heat fail and every body making excuses for them when real champions just get it done no excuses
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Syd wrote:
JHScoot wrote:
Syd wrote: I am genetically engineered to be a Celtics fan. So it's too bad that I have to root against the self-described best team of all time Over Heated.

Favorite memory from one of the many Celtic/Lakers finals was McHale guarding Kareem on the outside of the low post, with Kareem leaning on McHale, trying to move him further out. Leaning and pushing and leaning and McHale just steps to the side! Classic. Kareem ends up on his butt. Haha!
Funny, I have no recollection of that whatsoever!

Sounds like typical Celtic propaganda :P
hal888 wrote:
JHScoot wrote:

I completely agree. They went through some tough years, but the Celts are the best.
Yeah its tough to watch such a storied franchise hit the skids. But they are indeed back and rebuilt. For awhile now, too. But changes are coming once more. I only hope they can continue with the good mojo.

Being a Laker fan spoils us out west. I mean in the last 60 years or so they have missed the post season just four times. Quite a run.

beastmaster wrote:go SA were quietly headed for our fifth championship with timmy and crew , GO Spurs!! i love watching the heat fail and every body making excuses for them when real champions just get it done no excuses
I respect SA and Duncan in particular. Can't really cheer for them atm, though.

Oh, the thorn in the side of my beloved L.A. teams :(
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

LAKERS!! :cry:

Hey, thanks for single handedly losing a masterpiece, Kobe.
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Ha, a masterpiece? They only scored 75! FEAR THE BEARD!!
Rob

Post by Rob »

JHScoot wrote:LAKERS!! :cry:

I didn't watch the game, but I'll assume Meta World Worthless played his usual large part in the loss. He first came up with the Bulls and I was actually upset when they got rid of him. Then the, up to then, unknown stories of all of his craziness in the clubhouse surfaced.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Rob, I am usually dead on when it comes to sports trivia, so I thought I had you with Artest starting w/The Bulls. Thought he started w/Pacers. WRONG. Got me.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Syd wrote:Ha, a masterpiece? They only scored 75! FEAR THE BEARD!!
Well alright, overstated. But the second half was masterful on the Lakers part imo. And, I can't blame it ALL on Kobe upon checking out the last two minutes of the game again. They scored not one point. Not even a free throw.

No excuse for that, really. They lost by one point :(
Rob wrote:
JHScoot wrote:LAKERS!! :cry:

I didn't watch the game, but I'll assume Meta World Worthless played his usual large part in the loss. He first came up with the Bulls and I was actually upset when they got rid of him. Then the, up to then, unknown stories of all of his craziness in the clubhouse surfaced.

Rob
Metta did ok. He was criticized for inbounding the ball for the last shot to Steve Blake and not Kobe, but Blake had a wide open 3 attempt. It's the NBA, you gotta bury that shot. But he missed.

Boston seems to be destroying the 76'ers atm.....
Riding is riding
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Metta World Peace?????? NO! NO! NO! Im like the guys the barbershop in "Coming to America". Qoute-" His momma called him Clay, Im gonna call hime Clay." Quote-"I say Clay"

I know this is America and a man has a right legally. He doesnt have the right to make me refer to him as that. And the way he acts( Artest). I mean damn.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Raiderfn311 wrote:Rob, I am usually dead on when it comes to sports trivia, so I thought I had you with Artest starting w/The Bulls. Thought he started w/Pacers. WRONG. Got me.
I wouldn't have known other than being a long time Bulls fan. That and the fact that the Chicago sports media still recounts stories of Artests' weirdness.

The Bulls traded Artest to the Pacers. I think Jalen Rose came in return. Not a great player, but we still got the best of that deal. :)

Rob
- Steven Wright
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Well its all over but the shouting for both L.A. teams, now. Oh well. The Lakers slugged it out ok but the Clippers are clearly overmatched. I think when SA wins it all their run will be one of the most successful and dominant in playoff history. This is a true team. They were 24 down and never broke a sweat about it. They are seemingly winning at will. Literally.

So that is amazing. Tim Duncan? The guy is great. Is this really his last season? He can play!. But I guess it's like Charles Barkley said about a current player being praised because he was averaging 16 points and 6 rebounds a game. He said "What! That's nothing. When I averaged that they made me retire." He was being tongue in cheek, of course. But the "Big Fundamental" still makes me think "how did he do that?" Tim is known as a power forward but there is a lot of Larry Bird in his game, too. The passing and what not. And the ease with which he seems to play the game and score. He does make it look easy. Graceful, even.

So its simple. SA is badass and they have Tim Duncan. May as well just call it now. Unless the draw the Celtics. That would be a great series.
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Two series....ALL TIED UP 2-2!

Oh my :clap:
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Re: [NSR] NBA Playoffs

Post by JHScoot »

JHScoot wrote:Thread is self explanatory.

GO LAKERS
GO PACERS
GO CELTICS
GO CLIPPERS

Well, its the beginning of the end....of B-Ball season. And as you can see by the quoted, things didn't quite work out for my teams. :cry:

So, what does a lonely NBA fan do at 9:25 on a Monday night? Well, he watches game 5 of the 1997 Finals between the Bulls and Jazz on NBATV and dreads the four months to come :(

But, we do have The Finals to look forward to. For the uninitiated, in one corner we have the villainous betrayer of Cleveland LeBron James and his much despised "Hollywood As Hell" Miami Heat. A team of seasoned veterans in the prime of their playing days and expected to win a title for the second season in a row. Oh but wait. They LOST last year. Second time the charm?

boo

In the other corner we have the young upstart Oklahoma City Thunder. With a starting line-up of 22, 23, and 24 year old guys and being wholesome as hell, OKC has very quietly become "America's Team" overnight, and it's young superstars are raring to show they are deserving of a title win and make claim to being a real force in the NBA for years to come.

GO OKC

I am almost afraid to cheer for them given the outcome of my original picks.
Riding is riding
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

Rob wrote:Well, since the Bulls dropped out early, I've moved on to my "anyone but" list.

Anyone but the Heat.

In MLB, once the Cubs are out (yeah I know, that's usually in April) it's anyone but the Yankees.

NFL .... anyone but the Pack.

NHL ... I didn't really have that filled, but after the dirty, cheap hit by Torres that knocked Hossa out (and he's still suffering problems from the severe concussion). the Phoenix Coyotes may fill that void. Although I respect their coach and for the most part the rest of the team.

Rob
+eleventybillions with the exception of NHL... and then for me it's either Blackhawks or Penguins.
Syd

Re: [NSR] NBA Playoffs

Post by Syd »

JHScoot wrote:
JHScoot wrote:Thread is self explanatory.

GO LAKERS
GO PACERS
GO CELTICS
GO CLIPPERS

Well, its the beginning of the end....of B-Ball season. And as you can see by the quoted, things didn't quite work out for my teams. :cry:

So, what does a lonely NBA fan do at 9:25 on a Monday night? Well, he watches game 5 of the 1997 Finals between the Bulls and Jazz on NBATV and dreads the four months to come :(

But, we do have The Finals to look forward to. For the uninitiated, in one corner we have the villainous betrayer of Cleveland LeBron James and his much despised "Hollywood As Hell" Miami Heat. A team of seasoned veterans in the prime of their playing days and expected to win a title for the second season in a row. Oh but wait. They LOST last year. Second time the charm?

boo

In the other corner we have the young upstart Oklahoma City Thunder. With a starting line-up of 22, 23, and 24 year old guys and being wholesome as hell, OKC has very quietly become "America's Team" overnight, and it's young superstars are raring to show they are deserving of a title win and make claim to being a real force in the NBA for years to come.

GO OKC

I am almost afraid to cheer for them given the outcome of my original picks.
It appears the the Thunder are early favorites over the Tepid as of this evening. But the big losers are whatever network is televising the Finals. Sure, they can market the Chosen One, DWade, and That Other Guy, What's His Name?, but OKC? What the hell does OKC stand for? Where's LA, Boston, even the Magic for chrissakes?

I was talking to a longtime New Englander last week who said now that the Celtics are gone, the whole New England market will turn on the Red Sox and ignore the NBA until next year. I believe him.

So unless OKC/Heat produce an early series masterpiece, something that can stand up to game 5 in the '76 Suns/Celtics series, I think the Nielsen rating are going to be in the gutter - air-balls, you might say.
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

I'm rooting for the Sonics :D
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Gritty, you do know Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton won't be suiting up tonight, right?
Riding is riding
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

JHScoot wrote:Gritty, you do know Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton won't be suiting up tonight, right?
I just hope when Clay Bennett hoists the championship trophy that he says, "And this one's for you guys in Seattle too."

I'm thinking it'll be a close and interesting series.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

THE HEAT IS......off :evil:

Go OKC!!

Game 3 woo-hoo
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Until next year's Finals....adios.

MB needs more B-Ball fans :(

My teams did note fare well this playoff run. Ho-Hum.

At least now all the "when will Lebron win HIS Championship" noise will die down.

Respect Miami for winning. Hate Miami because they're....MIAMI!
Riding is riding