Genuine Scooter made my day ;~)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

2wheelNsanity

Genuine Scooter made my day ;~)

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

:D I just recieved an unexpected package from Genuine Scooter Company, A Buddy tee-shirt, a scooter dork sticker, a mb sticker, and a card thanking me for my purchase. Awesome service, the kind I thought was long gone, with this get rich quick at all costs society we live in now. I just have to say thank you genuine for putting a smile on my face after a very long day at work.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Yes well we ALL get that so don't feel too special :P :mrgreen:
Riding is riding
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

I hope everyone did. Mine came 8 months after I bought the scoot, so it was a suprise.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

8 months? Holy cow that is customer care! Like Santa missing a house, Genuine will not sleep until the job is complete! :)

Those usually go out pretty soon after a purchase. I bet some heads rolled over this :lol:
Riding is riding
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

JHScoot wrote:Yes well we ALL get that so don't feel too special :P :mrgreen:
I didn't get any of that! But then I bought mine new in 2008. Guess they don't think I,m special. :sigh:

On the other hand, if I cared what other people thought I wouldn't own a scooter, well two scooters actually.
Rob

Post by Rob »

gr8dog wrote:I didn't get any of that! But then I bought mine new in 2008. Guess they don't think I,m special. :sigh:
I bought ours in 2008 and I got a tee and some other stuff. The only problem was that the shirt wouldn't have fit me even in the 8th grade. Well, we bought it later in the year, so maybe the the tee-shirt inventory was running low. :D

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Waaaaaa!!! :cry:

I've been waiting 4 years and still haven't received any free swag.
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

I just got mine too!! :) :) made my day
- Ally
phatch

Post by phatch »

REAL customer service would send swag to the used market buyers, too! *wink wink :lol:

j/k

#absurdity
studioo

Post by studioo »

Got mine in the mail yesterday, with a 2XL Tshirt … and I wear a large. It's a shame, too, since I would have worn it in my size. Oh, well, the thought still counts. Mostly. :?
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

studioo wrote:Got mine in the mail yesterday, with a 2XL Tshirt … and I wear a large. It's a shame, too, since I would have worn it in my size. Oh, well, the thought still counts. Mostly. :?
Your dealer is supposedly responsible for sending your info to Genuine for the swag pack, including Tshirt size, so somebody wrote you down wrong.

They are notoriously late on the money- 8months or more is par for the course. I'm still waiting for my swag pack from my purchase, although I don't expect it to show (until I saw the Dork shirt, I wanted a 'Do it with a Buddy' shirt :lol: )
mrsdowns

Me, too!

Post by mrsdowns »

My husband and I just got our goody bag from Genuine, too! He got his scooter last month and I got mine two weeks ago so it was a big surprise to get something so quickly. Our dealer let us know to expect it but I figured it would take a long while. So happy to have a cute new top to wear while I scoot!! :)
TelPerian

Re: Genuine Scooter made my day ;~)

Post by TelPerian »

2wheelNsanity wrote::D I just recieved an unexpected package from Genuine Scooter Company, A Buddy tee-shirt, a scooter dork sticker, a mb sticker, and a card thanking me for my purchase. Awesome service, the kind I thought was long gone, with this get rich quick at all costs society we live in now. I just have to say thank you genuine for putting a smile on my face after a very long day at work.
You got stickers? I got a keychain and no stickers. :(
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

From all the sudden response, it's pretty clear GSC sends the swag out in batches rather than onesey-twosey.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

TelPerian wrote:
2wheelNsanity wrote::D I just recieved an unexpected package from Genuine Scooter Company, A Buddy tee-shirt, a scooter dork sticker, a mb sticker, and a card thanking me for my purchase. Awesome service, the kind I thought was long gone, with this get rich quick at all costs society we live in now. I just have to say thank you genuine for putting a smile on my face after a very long day at work.
You got stickers? I got a keychain and no stickers. :(
I got a keychain, too. I want a scooter dork sticker! :cry:
Scooting is good for the soul....

Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

k1dude wrote:Waaaaaa!!! :cry:

I've been waiting 4 years and still haven't received any free swag.
me too :wink:
4 years and 27,000 miles.

Um, size large, Phil.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

I'm guessing my dealer just guessed my T-shirt size by looking at me, its a medium, but its still kinda big :)

I bought my scooter about 6 weeks ago, and just got my swag this week.

Now.. where to put my "Scooter Dork" sticker??? On my cage.. or on my snowboard?? I'm running out of room on my snowboard for stickers...
- Ally
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

wait what? I've never gotten any swag... Is there a signup sheet somewhere to get on some list?
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
» Departed: 2004 Subaru WRX, 1999 1/2 VW GTI
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

un_designer wrote:wait what? I've never gotten any swag... Is there a signup sheet somewhere to get on some list?
They may not have started this until '08. Since then, everyone who buys a new Genuine gets a swag packet containing different things. Dealers are supposed to send off for it and provide shirt size when they sell a scooter.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

I feel bad now :( , I got swag and others didn't. Maybe the people at genuine will read this and pass out some swag to those who haven't recieved it yet.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Guy in the Stella section posted a pic of his swag. Pretty good take. And yeah, I would plaster that scooter dork sticker all over my helmet.

Ok, no. But it would go somewhere

Riding is riding
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

ericalm wrote:
un_designer wrote:wait what? I've never gotten any swag... Is there a signup sheet somewhere to get on some list?
They may not have started this until '08. Since then, everyone who buys a new Genuine gets a swag packet containing different things. Dealers are supposed to send off for it and provide shirt size when they sell a scooter.
Not me :( I bought mine new in April 2011.
Mousenut

Post by Mousenut »

Got ours today but no dork sticker. Now I have to debate on where to put the MB shticker. :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Plisar wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Not me :( I bought mine new in April 2011.
Your dealer should have sent the info in!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

When I bought my Honda I got a little baggie thing.
In the baggie there was a Bandaid with "Stupid Hurts" written on it and a little book about riding safe and wearing gear. :lol:
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

Eric must be right as usual. I bought my Buddy early in 2007 and didn't get any swag. I should have waited! (Just kidding)
A Neat Guy

Post by A Neat Guy »

I got the shirt, keychain, and dork sticker...

No MB sticker, though :(

but :D :D :D I got my stuff...very unexpected.
Leo 4Td

Post by Leo 4Td »

I got all my stuff plus right size shirt LG plus the cool thankyou card
Leo
Ninjasurfergirl

Post by Ninjasurfergirl »

Just came across this thread searching for when am I going to get my Buddy tshirt, they took my size at the dealership, and I already received my warranty stuff. I thought it was supposed to come with that? How long did it take everyone to receive it? Maybe because I purchased at peak riding season....
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

From what I've heard, it depends mostly on when the dealer sends your info. They may not submit them one at a time…
Ninjasurfergirl wrote:
2wheelNsanity wrote::D I just recieved an unexpected package from Genuine Scooter Company, A Buddy tee-shirt, acooter dork sticker, a mb sticker, and a card thanking me for my purchase. Awesome service, the kind I thought was long gone, with this get rich quick at all costs society we live in now. I just have to say thank you genuine for putting a smile on my face after a very long day at work.
Just came across this thread searching for when am I going to get my Buddy tshirt, they took my size at the dealership, and I already received my warranty stuff. I thought it was supposed to come with that? How long did it take everyone to receive it? Maybe because I purchased at peak riding season....
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Mine arrived about a month after my March '13 purchase. It was a very nice surprise, and I still appreciate that Genuine does this.
1971 Hodaka Ace 100
1977 Suzuki GT250 is now sold... Good bike!
1980 Yamaha IT125
Honda: '66 CT90 KO; '83 CT110; '92 CT70; 2001 XR250
and 1 or 2 others... I need to sell some bikes!
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Gee!! I feel so unnecessary!! Bought my 170i in April 13 and I have not
recieved any swag. Guess I will jump my dealer about this. I want fre stuff
too. :wink:
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Gee!! I feel so unnecessary!! Bought my 170i in April 13 and I have not
recieved any swag. Guess I will jump my dealer about this. I want free stuff
stASH

Post by stASH »

Anyone know if they do this for purchases of new Stellas? I bought mine back in October 2012. I Received all of my warranty and roadside assistance stuff, shortly thereafter, but never anything else.
Ninjasurfergirl

Post by Ninjasurfergirl »

Wolfhound wrote:Gee!! I feel so unnecessary!! Bought my 170i in April 13 and I have not
recieved any swag. Guess I will jump my dealer about this. I want free stuff
I bought mine in May and was told I would receive some free swag, I will jump my dealer at my next service appt if its not here! Was looking forward to my Buddy shirt, gotta represent!