Went golfing today ;~)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

2wheelNsanity

Went golfing today ;~)

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

I had a choice to make on what route I was going to use to get to the course, 45mph side country roads (zig-zag) which is about a 30 mile trip or use the big 65mph road (straight shot) which is only 17 miles. I choose the big road. The way up was a breeze, no wind little traffic and curtious drivers. The way back was a different story. Traveling at 55mph on a scooter with a golf back strpped to your back is dumb enough, add 20 mph side wind plus lots of traffic and what I got was a potential disaster. I don't know how I got home ok but never again.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Gotta put that one in the "Now, you know" section of your riding life :P
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
TVB

Post by TVB »

Next time: 45mph 30-mile road. :)

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3rhQc666Sg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3rhQc666Sg?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

LOL :rofl: :ninja:
Rob

Post by Rob »

After all of that, how did you shoot? I'm guessing you didn't hit a new low or you would have forgotten about all these trivial safety issues. :D

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

I shot 74 (4 birdies :D and 6 boggies :evil: ), I couldn't get my putter to work. I play with hickory shafted clubs and 1920's Victor balls (old school) which make the game so much more enjoyable. I just had to put that plug for hickories in :D . The course I play isn't very long, 6400yds.
The scary scooter part happened on the way home, the ride up was ok.
Capt_Don

Post by Capt_Don »

Yeah, I am not that brave, I take the freeway from time to time, but not with golf clubs... but now I will take the side roads with them, seeing as you lived! Great idea!
chas

Post by chas »

Wheelz wrote:Gotta put that one in the "Now, you know" section of your riding life :P
...and knowing is half the battle.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

chas wrote:
Wheelz wrote:Gotta put that one in the "Now, you know" section of your riding life :P
...and knowing is half the battle.

Word.....and indeed as well :lol:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Rob

Post by Rob »

2wheelNsanity wrote:I shot 74 (4 birdies :D and 6 boggies :evil: ), I couldn't get my putter to work. I play with hickory shafted clubs and 1920's Victor balls (old school) which make the game so much more enjoyable. I just had to put that plug for hickories in :D . The course I play isn't very long, 6400yds.
The scary scooter part happened on the way home, the ride up was ok.
That's a great score, shorter course or not. Even more impressive without the advantage of modern technology clubs. I'd be very happy with a 74 (particularly since my low to date is a 79) ... me and my 14 handicap.

I love the looks of those wood shaft clubs, but have never swung one. And I'll have to admit, I have never heard of a Victor ball. Time to do a google.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

79 is a great score, don't be discouraged. My philosophy on golf is "It is a game to be enjoyed". Besides, I have been playing for 20 years (14 of which I played over 400 rounds/year). When I was serious I carried a +2 hanicap, but that was 6 years ago before I injured my back and wrist :( . No biggie, I enjoy the game so much better now that I don't compete. Thats why I play with hickories and walk, for some reason it feels like its 1927, like I am re-living history. Kinda nerdy I know, but its hard to describe when you hit a 155 yard mashie to 6ft from the cup, it feels like Walter Hagen is watching you.
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

glad you made it ok! That would have been a sight to see 8)
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
uklemond

Post by uklemond »

My local course is a mile from my house up a small country lane. Have not tried it, but have toyed with the idea of scooting with clubs on the back several times. The speed limit is on 25 on that road so thought it would be safe enough (in my mind that is) however no one really drives it 25.

One day i might be brave (or stupid) enough to try it, but until then i use the car :)
Capt_Don

Post by Capt_Don »

So I am thinking, with a belt around my waist, to compensate for shifting, it could be done....