Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Black with the grey/silver trim Buddy 125 leaving Fitzsimmons Campus just before 5 this afternoon. I was the Pamplona at the stop sign on the cross street.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

A black Buddy 50 was parked at the north entrance to the St. Louis Zoo in Forest Park.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

I saw 3 Buddies at the First Friday Artwalk last night: a black and an orange Buddy both on Santa Fe; an Italia on 11th by West HS in front of The Parkway and next to a cop car (and a girl sitting on the curb crying while a guy comforting her).
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
» Departed: 2004 Subaru WRX, 1999 1/2 VW GTI
Jana

Post by Jana »

JHScoot wrote:One day I will be spotted. That day will be the most glorious of my scooter riding life.
I know, right? It's the simple things that make our day.... :P

I see the black buddy all over SoCo, but I haven't seen the rider yet. I keep hoping!

I see a red Honda all over SoCo as well, but no joy there, either. I see it mostly at the Club Fitness shopping center at Lemay and Forder intersection. It's usually parked by the pizza place.
Jana

Post by Jana »

PeteH wrote:Saw a blond-haired gent on a white Buddy (assuming it was a 50, as he was not wearing a helmet) going south on Jefferson at Lafayette.
I've seen that guy in SoCo as well, but never when I'm riding!

And let me just say that he should still wear a helmet.....just sayin'. :wink:
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Italia on Manchester Road in Maplewood parked next to several motorcycles. I keep seeing riderless Buddies.
96 Decibel Freaks
fossel

buddy sightings

Post by fossel »

I saw a black buddy 125 parked at the la paloma theater in encinitas,and then saw an orange buddy 125 with a wind shield heading north up the coast in leucadia
Capt_Don

Post by Capt_Don »

I saw a scooter near Ballas and Big Bend, but it was to far away to see what make. I honked and waved from a distance.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw a bunch of Buddys out today in the Silverlake (Silverlake Blvd., Sunset) and Los Feliz (Vermont, Griffith Park) area. Woman on a Pamplona (IIRC) parked in front of Half Off on Vermont.

SO MANY scooters out today!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I saw a Buddy air filter brought into a dealer by a fellow rider needing a replacement...does that count?!? :lol:

seriously...I only know of 3 others actively on the road in my area besides mine (2 of which belong to Three Mile Island Scooter Club members)
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

kmrcstintn wrote:I saw a Buddy air filter brought into a dealer by a fellow rider needing a replacement...does that count?!? :lol:

seriously...I only know of 3 others actively on the road in my area besides mine (2 of which belong to Three Mile Island Scooter Club members)
Hey...... That was me, does that count? :rofl:
(I'm not a TMI SC member)

I've been told there are more around but I have yet to see any :(
Maybe I'll ask our dealer where he 'exported' the units he's sold.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Red Buddy 125, male rider with black Nolan N30 helmet, Lankershim Blvd. around North Hollywood, 9:15 or so this morning. Seen this one a couple times recently, I think.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

Just saw a Pamplona with a topcase on Speer, between 13th & 12th, heading away from Downtown. Rider wearing shorts I think, and a black shirt, with a black helmet.
» Current: 2006 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, 2006 Scion xB, Original '07 Series Italia, 2003 Marin Highway One
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

Hey...... That was me, does that count?
(I'm not a TMI SC member)
yours is the third one I'm referring to, but since you left it at home that day all I saw was your air filter :P

I don't think our dealer exported any of them...folks probably don't ride them much so they are not seen :shock:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Black Buddy parked on the sidewalk near the curb out front of Edwards Theater at the corner of Garfield and Main in Alhambra, 6/6.
Riding is riding
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Woman with a 3/4 white helmet on a Seafoam Buddy on Friday (6/7) morning at Fannin and entrance to Hermann park, near the Sam Houston statue.
Scooting is good for the soul....

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

I would like to know who are ALL these riders "spotted" yet don't post here? I mean I understand not all who ride use the internet like we do, but I would think if you own and ride a Buddy you must at least be aware of this site, if not a member?

And if not a member, why not? It's easy and fun :)
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JHScoot wrote:I would like to know who are ALL these riders "spotted" yet don't post here? I mean I understand not all who ride use the internet like we do, but I would think if you own and ride a Buddy you must at least be aware of this site, if not a member?

And if not a member, why not? It's easy and fun :)
Many owners are not MB members and don't know of the site. I think a lot of the ones in the Facebook groups are not MB members, though some of us occasionally post links.

There are also many MB members who read but don't post.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Ok, well here is another opportunity for one to be discovered right here! Now this was spotted even closer to my home then the one on Garfield / Main. This one was spotted, parked, virtually right around the corner from me.

St Topaz PARKED in front of an apartment complex on Alhambra Rd near the corner of Chapel Ave. Chrome front rack, perhaps a sticker or two on the leg shield. Around 2:30pm.

C'mon, now!
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Ok, here is another chance.

I did not ride last summer due to injury and scooter repairs and being out of town. It all worked out like that. So, I see more scooters out and about now that I am out and about more this summer. But c'mon, people. They aren't just for summer!

Another local spotting. I am enjoying a nice cup of coffee at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at around 3:30pm in South Pasadena on Fair Oaks Ave and an Italia rolls by, heading south.

Was it YOU? :shock:
Riding is riding
fossel

sightings

Post by fossel »

saw an orange buddy heading south on the coast thru carlsbad.Then a pink buddy in downtown encinitas
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Been a Blackjack owner with 900 miles for 3 months now and still have not seen a Buddy on the road!!!! Did see 2 Vespa riders(including cool burgundy color) in Saratoga/Cupertino today. Does google street view count? Saw orange Buddy across from Kezar Pub on Stanyon in San Francisco.
pumpedoncaffeine

Post by pumpedoncaffeine »

I would be happy to just see another scooter. Everyone just stares from their huge 4x4 dually diesel pick up trucks when they go by.
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

That's because everything is bigger in texas... including swelled heads. 8^)
pumpedoncaffeine

spr0k3t wrote:That's because everything is bigger in texas... including swelled heads. 8^)
:rofl:
That is true! We moved to a small town for a job I took at a local refinery.
But I love my scooter! Sooner or later, the huge truck drivers will find that digging in their pockets for gas is not worth it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pumpedoncaffeine wrote:I would be happy to just see another scooter. Everyone just stares from their huge 4x4 dually diesel pick up trucks when they go by.
Lots of scooters in Texas. Not many in your part of the state, though.

I'm from DFW, and scooters were rare when I left 12 years ago. Now, all over the place!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

pumpedoncaffeine wrote:That is true! We moved to a small town for a job I took at a local refinery.
But I love my scooter! Sooner or later, the huge truck drivers will find that digging in their pockets for gas is not worth it.
An oil refinery? You trying to out yourself out of a job?! ;)
pumpedoncaffeine

ericalm wrote: An oil refinery? You trying to out yourself out of a job?! ;)
:lol: no a aluminum refinery.
pumpedoncaffeine

ericalm wrote: I'm from DFW, and scooters were rare when I left 12 years ago. Now, all over the place!
Thats where we came from about 6 years ago. There were already quite a few around then. Some of the people I worked with were already riding them to work.
Ed Hit

CHi town

Post by Ed Hit »

Rode behind a black 125 from about Irving and LSD to Peterson. Chatted a bit at a light about both enjoying our buddies!
HepCat

black on black in seattle

Post by HepCat »

Girl with a little black dress/outfit riding a black on black buddy on king street in front of the Anubis statue today (6/11) around 4:15pm
fossel

buddy sightings

Post by fossel »

rode to work down the coast.On the way home I saw an orange and black buddy 125 turning east in cardiff by the sea.
skully93

Re: black on black in seattle

Post by skully93 »

HepCat wrote:Girl with a little black dress/outfit riding a black on black buddy on king street in front of the Anubis statue today (6/11) around 4:15pm
I have a picture of me in front of that statue! Also Horus!

my sighting of hte day: Rolled up to 95th and Arapahoe between Lafayeette and Louisville here in CO. Scared the jeepers out of some poor soul on a black 125 in a 3/4 helmet.
HepCat

Re: black on black in seattle

Post by HepCat »

skully93 wrote:
HepCat wrote:Girl with a little black dress/outfit riding a black on black buddy on king street in front of the Anubis statue today (6/11) around 4:15pm
I have a picture of me in front of that statue! Also Horus!
Haha.. me too.. I haven't been in to see the Exhibit yet tho.

Image[/img]
fossel

sightings

Post by fossel »

Ive been riding my scooter to work all week,Ive seen more buddy's this week than I have in a month.
Today I saw a st. tropez tooling through del mar heading south
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Psyco Buddy west bound on Market St Camp Hill, Pa. near 20th about 6:30pm Wednesday
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I have only seen 1 buddy in the wild around here and it's the same one.
A pamplona with a female rider-I see her once every month or so but we're always going different directions.
If I see somebody on a Genuine and have the chance to talk to them I would mention this sight for sure.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ericalm wrote:
shuyaku wrote:
Light blue Buddy, female rider in light blue Corazzo 5.0, full helmet, black top case with checkers on it. Riverside Blvd. around 9am. I see this one often, and think I've met the rider (maybe at an LASG ride? at NoHo?)
that was me! Yup - met at a couple of LASG rides via NoHo
Thought so! I'm usually getting my coffee, not riding, when I see you go by! :)
Saw you yesterday and think you probably saw me on my red Stella.
mgermano

Post by mgermano »

Buddy Blackjack and Silver 170i parked "under the bridge" in Downtown Pittsburgh yesterday, along with my Stella.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Yesterday afternoon on Mclendon Dr near Decatur: Italia 50, just like mine, rider had a black helmet I think. I was in my cage :(

I had seen one around at the Publix and parked in front of an Auto Zone around the corner from my house, so it may have been that dude....
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

phatch

Post by phatch »

WISCONSIN Buddy owners: is this yours in the photo?

From another forum I frequent :)
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

Psyco Buddy west bound on Market St Camp Hill, Pa. near 20th about 6:30pm Wednesday
I saw that scoot at Velocity Cycles @ 2 months ago during their open house...I was wondering where it got to :wink:
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

This morning, another Italia, this one with a Shad topcase and windshield so it wasn't the one from the day before. Right near North DeKalb Mall around 7:10. Couldn't tell if it was a 50 or not, I was going in another direction.

Man, Decatur is replete with Italias! :goofy:

black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

two in a row! cream Buddy and a white one, heading the opposite direction on Hosea Williams in Kirkwood. girl on the white one waved. hi!!!
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

Just saw a black buddy pass by 30 seconds ago.... guy wearing black helmet, blue dress shirt and white pants, heading south on Elati and 12th Ave, off of Speer.
Liz C

Tacoma - Buddy pair sighting

Post by Liz C »

Pioneer Way - Italia and a Pamplona perhaps?

I got a little excited, I admit...
Check out my fave NSR website: http://schmitt-hall-studios.com/
hackett

Post by hackett »

Two today, both on Broadway.

First was a woman on an Italia headed north in between Brackenridge Park and the Pearl Brewery.

The second was a black buddy with a Corazzo sticker headed south near Central Market.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Genuine spotting in Chicago:
Little Italia, Grand and State, rider wearing tshirt with camera design. 11:55 AM.

Last night: Green Stella 4T on Michigan near Water Tower.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Yesterday, around 5:25 PM at the intersection of Briarcliff and Clairmont: dude on a red Buddy 125 heading towards 85.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

…Then I went to Scooterworks and saw more than I could count! :)