June 10th: Genuine Celebration Rides Through RVA!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

June 10th: Genuine Celebration Rides Through RVA!

Post by ericalm »

Time for another Genuine customer appreciation ride, this time in beautiful Richmond, VA, hosted by one of my favorite shops that I've never been to but hope to someday visit!

Hey! Genuine Scooter Owners! Come Feel The Love!

All Genuine Scooter Owners are Invited to Join The #1 Scooter Dork, Philip McCaleb, owner of the Genuine Scooter Company, for a Genuine Celebration Ride in Richmond, VA, on June 10, 2012!

The Genuine Scooter Company wants to thank and celebrate Genuine Scooter Owners with a fun-filled day of small wheel adventures. We hope you can join Philip McCaleb and the Genuine Scooter Company crew because we all need to feel the love, breathe fresh air and celebrate our decision to ride with a grin on a Genuine! We'll all take our Genuine Scooters for an exciting ride, and we'll end up at Camden's Dogtown Market so that Philip at Genuine can take us to lunch. All Genuine scooters are welcome, and the ride will be 50cc friendly.

--Meet at Scoot Richmond between 11am and noon on June 10, 2012.
--Ride leaves at noon sharp!
--The ride will wind around town until about 2pm, at which time we'll have lunch at Camden's Dogtown Market (right next door to Scoot Richmond)

Please RSVP to this event or email <a href=mailto:"info@scootrichmond.com">info@scootrichmond.com</a>. We're riding rain or shine. Let's show Genuine that RVA is absolutely THE best place to scoot!

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/448306228519564/
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
chelsea
Dealer

Post by chelsea »

thanks for spreading the word Eric!

hope to see many of your beautiful faces this Sunday.

chelsea @ scootrva
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

any lurkers from the DC area, I'm leading a small group there. Meet at Krispy Kreme donuts on Richmond Hwy & Kings Hwy in Alexandria around 6, kickstands up @ 630. We'll stop for breakfast around Fredericksburg and top off fuel near Doswell or Hanover, aiming to get there by 11. PM me if you'd like to ride with us.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

We are shooting for 11:00 as well, Coming down from Westminster Md. Leaving between 6 and 7 AM...Anyone want to hook up with us. PM me. 187 Miles one way, should be a fun day.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I'd be willing to make the trip if I can find someone to ride down from Lancaster with me........
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
chelsea
Dealer

Post by chelsea »

today is the day! hope to see many of you within the next couple of hours. We are at the shop, so call Scoot Richmond if you need anything at all, at 8042301000.
OScoot!

Richmond Genuine Celebration Ride

Post by OScoot! »

Havent been on the forum in a while, but came out today to ride with Phil, Chelsea and a bunch of other genuine scooterists. Thanks y'all for putting together a great ride. Phil, it was nice meeting you! Looking forward to getting my Dork tshirt!

Carol B
Ashland, VA
BootScootin'FireFighter

Great day out today! Thanks Chelsea, for hosting and always opening your doors. Thanks Rob (who's not on MB btw) for leading the tour of RVA, and a big thank you to the man who made it all possible, Phil. Great to meet and chat for a while. Great time, and I'm reminded of how proud I am to ride a Buddy.
texepictetus

Post by texepictetus »

Sorry I missed it, but had a great time with the group in San Francisco.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

Great ride, glad so many could make it! Hope the Pennsylvania contingent (and everyone else) had good roads back home.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

It was a great time, thanks all for coming out!

The new juicy morsels about the lineup were the cherry on top of the cake~
stASH

Post by stASH »

Definitely a fun time! It was great to meet a bunch of other RVA scooter folks as well as the few that rode in from far away.

Victoria is getting tired of being a passenger on our rides (and she felt lame being the only passenger in the entire group), and I'm afraid to ride on the back if she's driving. I think there's a second scooter in our future. I sure do like those Stellas...

-Aaron
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

stASH wrote:Definitely a fun time! It was great to meet a bunch of other RVA scooter folks as well as the few that rode in from far away.

Victoria is getting tired of being a passenger on our rides (and she felt lame being the only passenger in the entire group), and I'm afraid to ride on the back if she's driving. I think there's a second scooter in our future. I sure do like those Stellas...

-Aaron
I'm pretty sure we had another cupcake rider on one of the Stella ;)
stASH

Post by stASH »

Lokky wrote:
stASH wrote:Definitely a fun time! It was great to meet a bunch of other RVA scooter folks as well as the few that rode in from far away.

-Aaron
I'm pretty sure we had another cupcake rider on one of the Stella ;)
Oh, we didn't see that. I kept telling her she wouldn't be the ONLY one.
Batman96

Post by Batman96 »

The Pennsylvania contingent made it back sometime after 1 am. Long ride but the weather was great every where we rode.

thanks,
Batman
(aka Michael)
BootScootin'FireFighter

Batman96 wrote:The Pennsylvania contingent made it back sometime after 1 am. Long ride but the weather was great every where we rode.

thanks,
Batman
(aka Michael)
Hardcore my friend, hardcore!

Thanks for making the trek, and we'll be seeing you again at the MELTDOWN.
Stitch

Pa contingent

Post by Stitch »

Rolled into my driveway at 2am.
It was great meeting you guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Meltdown, if not before.
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

I came
I rode
got the merit badge.

Awesome day and thanks to Seven Hills SC (shameless promotion) member Rob Sterling for leading the ride!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Lokky wrote: I'm pretty sure we had another cupcake rider on one of the Stella ;)
Yeah, My friend, Courtney rode on the back of my orange Stella with me. She rode down from Pa on her bike, but hopped on the scoot for the ride with Phil.

We have her looking at 170's now :)

Great time, ride down was great. Lots of good folks and a good safe ride home. Even had some good company up part of 301 :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DCUNITED4LIFE wrote:Awesome day and thanks to Seven Hills SC (shameless promotion) member Rob Sterling for leading the ride!
Ah, I got to meet him briefly at the end of the Cannonball.

The scooter world is very small, folks. Mind your manners. :)
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

ericalm wrote:
DCUNITED4LIFE wrote:Awesome day and thanks to Seven Hills SC (shameless promotion) member Rob Sterling for leading the ride!

Eric, please do not use Rob as a barometer by which to gauge our club! Just kidding....I like Rob more than most, and we pretty much rib each other constantly. I can't believe a guy that old made it across the US on a scooter though :P he's ancient. A real dinosaur, and a Yankee northerner...I try to take the piss out of him for it often, he just claims he's slumming it here down south. :lol: Ok, enough of that, thanks for leading the ride Rob but next time come hang out with Lokky and Luna P and I at the pool after the rides.....things get all kinds of whack at Lokky's apt building pool on Sundays, you know how I do....see Vietnamese Cobra Scorpion Liquor below.

Wasn't too terrible tasting but it smelled like a rotten aquarium.

kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

The Pennsylvania contingent made it back sometime after 1 am. Long ride but the weather was great every where we rode.

thanks,
Batman
(aka Michael)
did you and the person riding 'Pinky' end up with saddle sores?!? :lol:

seriously, y'all are much braver than me; I'm still trying to get used to riding my V Star 650 on the highway during rides & poker runs
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

DCUNITED4LIFE wrote:
ericalm wrote:

Eric, please do not use Rob as a barometer by which to gauge our club! Just kidding....I like Rob more than most, and we pretty much rib each other constantly. I can't believe a guy that old made it across the US on a scooter though :P he's ancient. A real dinosaur, and a Yankee northerner...I try to take the piss out of him for it often, he just claims he's slumming it here down south. :lol: Ok, enough of that, thanks for leading the ride Rob but next time come hang out with Lokky and Luna P and I at the pool after the rides.....things get all kinds of whack at Lokky's apt building pool on Sundays, you know how I do....see Vietnamese Cobra Scorpion Liquor below.

Wasn't too terrible tasting but it smelled like a rotten aquarium.

I defintely was not around for the cobra death liquor. I don't think I'm sad. I already avoided death once this year, dude. :P
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

I definitely was not around for the cobra death liquor. I don't think I'm sad. I already avoided death once this year, dude. :P
It was a different night....but you know how I like to party Luna! Since Lokky is on his way to Amerivespa, guess we are gonna have to hop the brick wall to the pool ourselves next sunday! I'll go around and let you in the front door. :) [/quote]
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

DCUNITED4LIFE wrote:
I definitely was not around for the cobra death liquor. I don't think I'm sad. I already avoided death once this year, dude. :P
It was a different night....but you know how I like to party Luna! Since Lokky is on his way to Amerivespa, guess we are gonna have to hop the brick wall to the pool ourselves next sunday! I'll go around and let you in the front door. :)
Okay just don't break your foot XDDDD I can't drive you to the ER!

The only time I've seen you legit party there was ceremonial patio chair throwing :) That was my first scooter club night! We missed so much when I was working and Lokky was in school... :/ I have to go out of my way to be less lame when I can walk and drive again! :oops: