Registration woes in Paradise (Hawaii)

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

crosdog74

Registration woes in Paradise (Hawaii)

Post by crosdog74 »

OK so after three trips to the DMV, and four separate trips to the inspection station the Stella is officially and legally road worthy in the State of Hawaii.

Just in case anyone brings a Stella over to Oahu, here is a quick synopsis of what I had to go through:

Had to get her weighed at an official weigh station. Had to get her inspected at an official inspection station. Had to deal with the DMV not recognizing the VIN and needing to have it inspected a second time. Went back to the DMV and they didn't recognize LML Ltd. (this is the manufacturer on my title). So the State had to actually create a LML Ltd in their database. Funny thing is, there is a Genuine dealer on a neighboring island.

I know this will affect very, very, very few of you. But you never know, that's why I post.
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

Thanks for the heads up!
:wink:
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
Aguacate

Post by Aguacate »

thanks! will retire in Oahu in a few years and plan to do most of our travel by scoot! Hopefully Kalanianiole won't be the death of me