Richmond, VA - June 10, 2012 - Genuine Appreciation Ride

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BootScootin'FireFighter

Richmond, VA - June 10, 2012 - Genuine Appreciation Ride

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Genuine Owners Come Feel The Love

All Genuine Scooter Owners are Invited to Join The #1 Scooter Dork, Philip McCaleb, and the Genuine Scooter Company for a Genuine Celebration Ride this Spring and Summer.

Genuine Scooter Company wants to thank and celebrate Genuine Scooter Owners with a fun filled day of small wheel adventures. Genuine Celebration Rides will begin in the spring and continue throughout the summer, check out the schedule below to find a ride in a city near you. We hope you can join Philip McCaleb and the Genuine Scooter Company because we all need to feel the love, breathe fresh air and celebrate our decision to ride with a grin on a Genuine!
June 10, 2012 is RICHMOND's turn!

I'm already working on a shift trade to make it to this. Should be a great event, and a chance to meet the legend himself.

Not sure of the definite plan, but the Mrs and I may ride down early the morning of and ride back to DC in the evening.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Link to the Facebook event page!

Ride leaves Scoot Richmond (217 W 7th St, RVA, 23224) at 12:00pm, be there before! Genuine only, 50cc friendly. End location for the eatin' is TBA.

You should totes be there. :mrgreen:
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I wonder if they might do one in Philly?

I'm still tempted to come down for this...hmmmm (checking schedule)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

Come on down, viney, it would be great to have you!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Yeah, just decided to do it. Going to have a bonfire at my house saturday night. Then a few of us are going to get up Sunday AM and ride down. Going to be a 400 mile+ day on a Stella :)...sounds like my kinda fun! Even made a FB event and invited my scootering buddies.
BootScootin'FireFighter

We'll be leaving from US-1 just south of the Beltway around 6:30 or 7 if you happen to go that way, maybe hit up a waffle house in Fredericksburg on the way.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

We will be leaving westminster Md between 6-7 AM. Hope to get there by 11 at the latest. Shooting for 10. See you there.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Just got home a little while ago. Nice ride back, great weather. Adam still headed home. I'm sure he is gonna top 500 miles for today. :D

Nice meeting folks and putting names to faces! Some I even met before and just didn't know it was you!.
Batman96

Post by Batman96 »

Hey Viney, you forgot about me heading back with Adam, think I topped 500 as well so I'm sure Adam was over 600 since he had another 40 miles from my place. On the way I home I think we would have been better off with the pink buddy. I know my psycho just didn't wanna stop when I got home and topped the 1000 mile mark on it (1300 actually of many more to be added). My first question is when can we do this again? Next weekend...lol. Thank you to my buddies that I road down with, Scoot Richmond for the great ride and awesome looking shop, and Philip Mccaleb for lunch and everything else including an amazing quality super scooters.

Batman
(aka Michael)
viney266

Post by viney266 »

So we went farther than I thought ! ( wasn't keeping track of miles). Awesome. I figured Adam would top 500, I knew he was farther than you. but I saw he did 610.

Yeah, it was a fun ride, good friends, no issues, and safe return. Scoot Richmond...nice place, great folks.

And Phil, THANKS for lunch. It was nice talking with you again.

And I really enjoyed putting faces to names from Modernbuddy. All in all a great day
BootScootin'FireFighter

viney266 wrote:but I saw he did 610.
That is so amazing! He was in the saddle ALL day except for lunch. Sign that man up for the Lake Erie Loop!
Stitch

Pink buddy

Post by Stitch »

Yup. 610 miles. That was awesome. I laughed almost the whole way, every few minutes someone would look over and have that "wtf?" look on their face, that pink buddy got more attention than any bike I've ever been around.
Thanks to Bill for dragging me along, Batman for going along, and thanks to Phil for buying lunch.

And ya, Batman, the pink buddy Is actually a better scooter than my wife's ride. If they ever make a purple scooter 150cc or up, I think I'll be able to get her on a Genuine (Phil - purple Stella? Maybe?)
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

^So what was the story behind the pink ride? Borrowed, I take it, then?
Stitch

Pink buddy

Post by Stitch »

Ya, it was a loaner. My Stella blew up at 1200 miles and Bill was determined to make sure I was still going. I'm not sure how it came about, but I was offered a choice : blur or buddy. Naturally, the pink buddy was to awesome to
Turn down. There may be more to the story, but Bill would have to tell you
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
Old Crow

Post by Old Crow »

Thanks to all that were involved in organizing this.

I had a great time hanging out; enjoyed the ride (especially through Fulton which hold many family memories); and the "Bourgeois Bowl" was delicious - a special thanks to Phil for that.

So will this post change my status from "Lurker" to "Member"?