for all the ladies....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Aguacate

for all the ladies....

Post by Aguacate »

I just bought a Scorpion Nip Tuck jacket in black....first motorsport jacket I put on that didn't make me feel like a linebacker...highly recommend. Wore it in 90F Texas weather and was relatively cool.
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

That's a nice looking jacket. If you can stay comfortable in San Antonio wearing it, that makes for a pretty good reccomendation. I have to say I like the black best, but I'm tempted to go with the white and pale blue as it might be easier to see. That said, I have a white vented jacket and I washed it two weeks ago and it looks yech again. Thanks for sharing. Always great to see nice and reasonably priced ladies gear.
96 Decibel Freaks
Aguacate

white vs black

Post by Aguacate »

the visibility thing is the only bummer...I will likely wear something bright over top, at least the black looks nice off the scoot too. the embroidery on the lighter colors really stands out and I felt like a 45 year old woman trying to look 25 when I tried those on. Looks like I will need the Icon Hella Leather in white now so I have a jacket that is warmer and hi vis for the winter :twisted:
Mutt the Hoople

You DO have a point regarding the embroidery. And I'm 50, so I totally get what you are saying. Actually I wouldn't have liked all that embroidery when I was 25 either. The Icon jacket is great. Also, check out GoGo Gear. They have some terrific designs for ladies that look like regular street wear. I have the cafe jacket from them and love the military one as well. I found the cafe jacket in my size on eBay for a bit less. Also Corazzo is great. I have the ladies trench and I love it. They are expensive though. It seems to be made well enough to justify it. I have Corazzo and Icon gloves too. I need some armored jeans BUT where they do make larger sizes in ladies jackets, you don't have larger sizes to choose from in most of the armored jeans styles. I'm trying to get the weight off, but in the meantime, I'd like to be safe.
96 Decibel Freaks
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:You DO have a point regarding the embroidery. And I'm 50, so I totally get what you are saying. Actually I wouldn't have liked all that embroidery when I was 25 either. The Icon jacket is great. Also, check out GoGo Gear. They have some terrific designs for ladies that look like regular street wear. I have the cafe jacket from them and love the military one as well. I found the cafe jacket in my size on eBay for a bit less. Also Corazzo is great. I have the ladies trench and I love it. They are expensive though. It seems to be made well enough to justify it. I have Corazzo and Icon gloves too. I need some armored jeans BUT where they do make larger sizes in ladies jackets, you don't have larger sizes to choose from in most of the armored jeans styles. I'm trying to get the weight off, but in the meantime, I'd like to be safe.
Larger size ladies' kevlar jeans can be found from Resolute Jeans and Draggin' Jeans (The Aussie Draggin not the US Draggin)

I find it odd that it's the Aussies that have riding jeans for larger sizes, but there you have it.
Mutt the Hoople

Thank! I'll check it out! I really want to get rid of the extra weight though. About 4 years ago I started going through "the change" and it all happened very suddenly. Like 60 pounds in under a year. I walk, exercise and try to eat fresh and healthy foods... And I've managed to loose a grand 10 pounds... Since January. It's kind of discouraging. I see all these Vespa riders who are thin and color coordinated out the wazoo... And I feel like when I pick my Vespa up they will look at me like "Ugh, there goes the neighborhood". Really, you should see them. I think they get Dior to make them custom colors of nail polish and lipstick to match their scoots. I'm doing well to not need re-touching on my roots. :roll:
96 Decibel Freaks
La

Post by La »

Mutt,
I think you might be missing some of their other thoughts...
"I wish my mom would ride like that lady."
"I hope that I am still riding when I'm her age."
"That lady doesn't give a s**t, that is so cool!"
Mutt the Hoople

La wrote:Mutt,
I think you might be missing some of their other thoughts...
"I wish my mom would ride like that lady."
"I hope that I am still riding when I'm her age."
"That lady doesn't give a s**t, that is so cool!"
:D Thanks :D
96 Decibel Freaks
Dracolibris

Post by Dracolibris »

You probably already know about this, but I absolutely love: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

I got my new denim, fully armored jacket (in colors to match my new scoot) from here for $50 on closeout, and it fits great! I actually can't believe how comfortable it is. I bought my previous one from them years ago when they were still NewEnough and it didn't fit, but it coudldn't have been easier to send it back and get another.

Definitely a site worth keeping a eye on for great deals.
Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.
Mutt the Hoople

Very nice jacket, and what a great price!
96 Decibel Freaks