Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge!!!!! (but I didn't say "fudge")

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mutt the Hoople

Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge!!!!! (but I didn't say "fudge")

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Please don't wash my mouth out with Lifeboy.

Not even worthy of the crash thread... Is there an OMG I feel like a complete idiot thread?

Last night after dinner it was so nice out, and not much traffic, that I thought a scooter ride to Ted Drew's was in order. (for those not from Dang Louis it's a drive up place on Route 66 known for awesome frozen custard).

I have been doing lots of photography of vintage neon and that part of Chippewa has some great old (and working) neon signs. So I had my frozen custard fix and was going around taking reference shots with my iPhone before hauling my camera gear out there. All well and good. I spotted one place I had not noticed before and instead of riding my scooter I just walked it as it was only one block and I didn't want to cross a four lane street twice like that. That was fine. No problem. I go into the parking lot of the place I wanted to photograph... It was empty and closed for the evening... And dark. The transition from the road to the parking lot was abrupt and a bit steep. I walk it up and I suddenly felt the center stand catch, then it went off balance, then I went off balance and just as I was thinking "oh no, I don't believe this" we both became vertically challenged and boom, down I went with my scooter on top of me. I just layed there feeling completely stupid and hoping no one saw that. At least two cars did because the drove by honking and laughing. Yes.... Humiliate the already humiliated. Then I realized my face hit my left mirror. I had a helmet on. But since I was walking, and had been taking photos my visor was up. So I have a black eye. And where the scoot fell on my right wrist there is a large swollen purple lump. Twisted my back too... Other than that only my ego took a severe beating. I wasn't as geared out as usual... Heavy denim jacket instead of armor. Thank goodness I was wearing gloves. No other scrapes. But I dumped it and myself while WALKING it???? D'oh.

Anyone else have any walking with their Buddy incidents?
96 Decibel Freaks
Aguacate

hahahaha

Post by Aguacate »

omg, no scooter incidents yet but give me time! I have tipped over several times on my road bike when I forgot to unclip at a stop--wounded pride is the worst!
TVB

Post by TVB »

I came out of it with more dignity and less injury, but I had a non-powered scooter mishap on my camping trip a few weeks ago. I somehow managed to scrape my left achilles tendon on the center stand or kickstarter while standing next the scooter and pushing it off the stand (to roll it out of the campsite). My camping first-aid kit has just about everything short of live skin grafts in it, and I finally had an opportunity to use it.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Actually, "Mutt", you shouldn't feel too bad. Many of us have dropped a scooter or motorcycle while walking it. PTWs aren't the most graceful when pushing them around. They get over-balanced, and down you go. It is only after they build up a little speed that they become graceful as a bird :wink: .
Last edited by Dooglas on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I came close to looking like an idiot Friday

Had been parked all day with hundreds of other scooters (pretty tightly in nice rows with scooters on each side of mine) at Amerivespa.
I was ready to leave so I rolled my Stella forward off the stand while standing next to it.... only to discover I had the handle bars locked
yeah.... I almost dumped it in front of several dozen scooter riders while taking it off the stand.
I was able to keep it up, but it was close.
:whew:
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

I was once sitting on my motorcycle with the engine off. I went to put my foot down onto the curb and missed the curb the bike, weighing more than a scoot, started as if in slow motion to lie down on it's side. So I put my leg out and making a split and felt my inner thigh muscles being stretched more and more but was able to keep the bike from rolling over onto it's side and scratching the tank etc. Pulled muscles and embarrased but learn to judge the curb distance better after that.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Worst accident I ever had on my BMW was walking it around in an indoor parking lot. I lost my balance a little, the bike tipped away from me, and it pulled me into a concrete wall injuring me and messing up the (formerly) beautiful fiberglass fairing. As Dooglas said above, PTWs really aren't very graceful until they are rolling down the road.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Mutt, I have done the car equivalent of what you did, if it makes you feel at all better.

I am at the exact right height that my Jetta, when I had it, the top corners of the front doors came to a point exactly at my eyebrows. I have nailed myself with them while opening the door more than once. That's the stupid part- I continued to do it. Once, I even managed to do it in a manner that made my glasses pinch me, so not only did I have a big purple bruise and lump that resembled a black eye, but I had a cut from my glasses, too.

I'm glad you are more or less okay :) Show us some of your neon photos, those sound neato!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

LunaP wrote:Mutt, I have done the car equivalent of what you did, if it makes you feel at all better.

I am at the exact right height that my Jetta, when I had it, the top corners of the front doors came to a point exactly at my eyebrows. I have nailed myself with them while opening the door more than once. That's the stupid part- I continued to do it. Once, I even managed to do it in a manner that made my glasses pinch me, so not only did I have a big purple bruise and lump that resembled a black eye, but I had a cut from my glasses, too.

I'm glad you are more or less okay :) Show us some of your neon photos, those sound neato!
And everyone glares at Lokky when he's walking next to you. Right?
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Don't worry, I got you beat:

Twisted my ankle IN THE SHOWROOM, after sitting on a then-new Yamaha Morpheus. I tried to set it back on it's side stand, and somehow my foot slipped. Me on the ground, brand new bike on top of me.

Needless to say, it was a long time before I went into that shop again.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
smarkum

Post by smarkum »

I dumped my Stella many times at it was just too heavy and big for me. . . dumped it while it was off . . . many times in front of club members and thank goodness as they would help get her back upright. I've not YET dumped the Buddy, but I also don't try and walk it or move it with straddling it. I know there have been many times I looked like a complete dork ,but I don't want to drop my plastic Buddy.
When I was 19, just a few years ago :P , I was riding a Suzuki 450L! I was cool. Anyway, I had come to a stop sign after a 30 minute ride with no stops. I somehow managed to dump it over at the 4 way stop and then I couldn't get it back up-right. The jackass behind me honked at me, and some nice guy at the stop to my left came and lifted the bike for me. I was shaking at that point and went right to a gas station and sat for 30 minutes. I was embarrassed and it was a bit of a helpless feeling that I couldn't get my mode of transportation back up from the place I'd put her. I sold the bike shortly after that. It was easier than working out to build some muscle! :D
Aguacate

Post by Aguacate »

neotrotsky wrote:Don't worry, I got you beat:

Twisted my ankle IN THE SHOWROOM, after sitting on a then-new Yamaha Morpheus. I tried to set it back on it's side stand, and somehow my foot slipped. Me on the ground, brand new bike on top of me.

you win!
Mutt the Hoople

Aguacate wrote:
neotrotsky wrote:Don't worry, I got you beat:

you win!
+1

So, in other words, eventually we will all do something klutzy with our Buddy or Stella, or whatever scooter we choose to have. Somehow I don't feel quite so bad but I'm getting a strong urge for a group hug.

At least my Buddy is okay, but now my mirror won't stay straight. Lock-Tite??? Is that what I should use? My wrist is still a bit strange... I was riding yesterday and I noticed it would get uncomfortable and a bit numb. I just put more ice on it when I got home. Seems a bit better this morning. And the black/green/purple eye is just comical. It's looking better to. Other than the mirror, Manuel is unscratched. Whew. Very glad I didn't drop the GTV.

And Luna, I cant figure out how to share the photos from my iPhone at the moment. I had the photobucket app for for my iPhone and it was great until just a few days ago. It would not let me load pictures and there was this movies ad that you could not close. I waited a few days and it wouldn't work so I deleted the app. I went to road it, read the review and pretty much everyone from the last week was having the same issues on their iPhone version. So I didn't even try to reload it. And I can't see what I'm doing to use the regular photobucket site on my iPhone. I'll post some from my iPad or laptop later. I love neon too. Some great old stuff around here but some great new neon as well... A lot of it right on my street.
96 Decibel Freaks
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Maybe that is where the phrase "Get your kicks on Route 66" came from. Neon is great I think Lucinda Lewis
did photos of neon & Rt 66 themes also. They even have neon light kits you can mount underneath your rides giving the impression of riding on a color cloud at night.
stASH

Post by stASH »

I haven't had any of those klutzy moments on the Buddy yet but definitely have with my motorcycles. I once pushed my Bonneville onto the front porch and I guess in my mind I had put the sidestand back down but in reality I hadn't. I began to set the bike down on its non-deployed sidestand, then realized it was falling over. I hung on with everything I could to keep that 400 lbs from hitting the deck. The footpeg hit and snapped off but I was able to stop it from falling any further. My back paid the price, and I had to replace the footpeg, but no scratches or dents. Whew!!!
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Sorry to hear about the drop, Mutt. As documented above, I think it happens to all of us. Mine was a low speed drop in the driveway when my partner put the garbage cans in my usual turnaround place. Humiliating, but mostly harmless.
Mutt the Hoople wrote: At least my Buddy is okay, but now my mirror won't stay straight. Lock-Tite??? Is that what I should use?
Which part of the mirror is loose - where the stem attaches to the handlebar, or where the mirror attaches to the stem? If it's the former, then you just need to tighten the nut at the base of the stem. If it's the latter, the fix is described in this thread: topic7470.html
phatch

Post by phatch »

:lol:
Mutt the Hoople

pdxrita wrote:Sorry to hear about the drop, Mutt. As documented above, I think it happens to all of us. Mine was a low speed drop in the driveway when my partner put the garbage cans in my usual turnaround place. Humiliating, but mostly harmless.
Mutt the Hoople wrote: At least my Buddy is okay, but now my mirror won't stay straight. Lock-Tite??? Is that what I should use?
Which part of the mirror is loose - where the stem attaches to the handlebar, or where the mirror attaches to the stem? If it's the former, then you just need to tighten the nut at the base of the stem. If it's the latter, the fix is described in this thread: topic7470.html
It's where the stem fits into the nut on the handlebar. So I can just tighten it? Whew... That's easy. Thank you!
96 Decibel Freaks
Mutt the Hoople

phatch wrote:Image

:lol:
Thanks!!! I LOVE that movie!
96 Decibel Freaks
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:
pdxrita wrote:Sorry to hear about the drop, Mutt. As documented above, I think it happens to all of us. Mine was a low speed drop in the driveway when my partner put the garbage cans in my usual turnaround place. Humiliating, but mostly harmless.
It's where the stem fits into the nut on the handlebar. So I can just tighten it? Whew... That's easy. Thank you!
Yup. Piece o' cake. Just be aware that the right mirror is reverse thread.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

smarkum wrote:I dumped my Stella many times at it was just too heavy and big for me. . . dumped it while it was off . . . many times in front of club members and thank goodness as they would help get her back upright. I've not YET dumped the Buddy, but I also don't try and walk it or move it with straddling it. I know there have been many times I looked like a complete dork ,but I don't want to drop my plastic Buddy.
When I was 19, just a few years ago :P , I was riding a Suzuki 450L! I was cool. Anyway, I had come to a stop sign after a 30 minute ride with no stops. I somehow managed to dump it over at the 4 way stop and then I couldn't get it back up-right. The jackass behind me honked at me, and some nice guy at the stop to my left came and lifted the bike for me. I was shaking at that point and went right to a gas station and sat for 30 minutes. I was embarrassed and it was a bit of a helpless feeling that I couldn't get my mode of transportation back up from the place I'd put her. I sold the bike shortly after that. It was easier than working out to build some muscle! :D
Oh bummer! Check out this video on how to pick up a bike. Luckily I had already seen this (or a video like this) when I dropped my 450 pound Yamaha Majesty 400 in my driveway a couple of years ago. I had it back up within 10-15 seconds. If a 5-5, 49 year old, not in shape female like myself can do it, it is definitely doable. :)
Mutt the Hoople

Thanks Michelle. That was informative. I'm about the same age and size as you are and my Buddy wasn't hard to pick up but the Vespa... Nice to know just in case. I have to say that I was rather apalled by a lot of the comments. It makes one realize what a very well run MB this is.... Or maybe Genuine people are just really nice. Modern Vespa is also a very nice MB. I virtually quit doing vids on YouTube because of some very mean and creepy trolls. It got so bad I closed my account. I can't even begin to understand people like that. They must have pretty miserable lives.
96 Decibel Freaks
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

smarkum wrote:I dumped my Stella many times at it was just too heavy and big for me. . . dumped it while it was off . . . many times in front of club members and thank goodness as they would help get her back upright. I've not YET dumped the Buddy, but I also don't try and walk it or move it with straddling it. I know there have been many times I looked like a complete dork ,but I don't want to drop my plastic Buddy.
Shelby, sometimes it's not about muscle. If you lose momentum a scoot it can go over. I lost footing on a slick spot (white latex paint used to mark crosswalks) at a red light, almost dumped the Buddy onto myself. The Buddy's seat actually hung up on my leg, it's the only thing that kept it from hitting the street.
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic100618 Enough said.

This was three days before I hit the deer with my Buddy. It was a rough week for my knee!

Kyle
Syd

Post by Syd »

Pushed the scooter, fell down yeah, yeah...

What camera gear? :wink:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

First drop of my first Stella 4T was taking it off the stand, lost my balance and tipped it into my LX. Small dent in Stella cowl, scratches and busted light on the LX. Somehow managed to grab the LX and keep it from tipping into the Buddy.

Parked like dominoes!

The best way to walk a scooter will always be while sitting on it with the engine off.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

ericalm wrote: The best way to walk a scooter will always be while sitting on it with the engine off.
Unless you goof up and catch your foot on the kick start lever ;) Ouch!

Still, I cant think of a better way.
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

The power of (post) suggestion. I usually just kick the side stand down to
park the scoot. Well today the weather was threatening rain so decided to get a ride in before. I must have checked the side stand numerous times each time I had to park the scoot even if for only a moment. Even at a red light was very aware if I was keeping the scoot on center of gravity. Usually these are always done without thinking about them but this post thread was in my thoughts.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Yes...and I learned that if you have stuff on your floorboard and on your rear rack, so that you have to throw your leg over...get on your scooter, THEN start it and take it off the center stand.

I had gone and picked up some plants at a nursery. I had stuff on the floorboard that was level with my seat. I was stupid and took the scooter off the center stand, started it, THEN tried to put my foot over the top.

Didn't make it. Got the foot on top of the seat, lost my balance and fell backwards, taking the scooter down with me (pulling it with me with the heel of my right foot).

I had filled up earlier and gas came flooding out all over my jeans and shoe. Luckily my husband was there to help me get the scooter off of me and righted, as I had fell over a curb with the scooter on me, and it was a very awkward thing to get disentangled from it. :oops:

Nothing hurt but my pride...stunk like gas and there was a sizable puddle of it on next to the curb, which was slightly down hill from the scooters left side. Took days for the gas smell to come out of my jeans...had to let them hang outside for several days to air out, then wash them. Yuck!
TVB

Post by TVB »

michelle_7728 wrote:Yes...and I learned that if you have stuff on your floorboard and on your rear rack, so that you have to throw your leg over...get on your scooter, THEN start it and take it off the center stand.
That's not a bad idea even if the scoot's not loaded. Safest overall, and recommended by the MSF.
heatherkay

Post by heatherkay »

I dropped mine yesterday when I was parking it to open the garage door at work. No damage to my buddy or my body, just my pride. I don't think any of the guys at the auto shop/motorcycle shop across the street saw me.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

TVB wrote:
michelle_7728 wrote:Yes...and I learned that if you have stuff on your floorboard and on your rear rack, so that you have to throw your leg over...get on your scooter, THEN start it and take it off the center stand.
That's not a bad idea even if the scoot's not loaded. Safest overall, and recommended by the MSF.
That's not so easy if you're short. I take mine off of the center stand, get on it, and then start the engine. I don't see any safety issue with doing it that way.
TVB

Post by TVB »

pdxrita wrote:That's not so easy if you're short. I take mine off of the center stand, get on it, and then start the engine. I don't see any safety issue with doing it that way.
Sure, I take mine off the center stand before getting on it every morning because I have to walk it off the porch. It's not especially unsafe (though it does make it easier to drop the bike). But the safest method (if practical) is to get yourself in riding position with both hands on the handlebars before taking it off the stand, then starting the engine.
Demo_Nic

Post by Demo_Nic »

I learned this trick when I had my Vespa ET3. Stand with the scooter between your legs then stick you chest against the headset and rock it forward. I had to do it like this because I was too short to kick start my ET3 while sitting on it so I had to keep it on neutral and kick start it while it was on the center stand. This also allowed me to let my scooter warm up while I put on my gear.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Demo_Nic wrote:I learned this trick when I had my Vespa ET3. Stand with the scooter between your legs then stick you chest against the headset and rock it forward. I had to do it like this because I was too short to kick start my ET3 while sitting on it so I had to keep it on neutral and kick start it while it was on the center stand. This also allowed me to let my scooter warm up while I put on my gear.
Is that what we are supposed to do? Well....since I have to walk my Dobby across my front lawn then roll it down very narrow ramp - once we both land on the street safely I put the bike back on it's center stand. I tend to take it off center stand after I start it but before I get on. I am also pretty short so rolling off center stand while sitting on it will not work for me. My biggest worry is dropping the bike while rolling it down or up the ramp. I wish I had something wider but......it is what is thanks to attempted theft. The fun part was the other day when I realised that I had to throw my leg over because I had big backpack sitting onmy floor boad. The last time I threw my leg over the bike was in 2009. Trust me, when you are this close to 50 even couple of years make a huge difference in what you can and cannot do.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
TVB

Post by TVB »

Stormswift wrote:The fun part was the other day when I realised that I had to throw my leg over because I had big backpack sitting onmy floor boad. The last time I threw my leg over the bike was in 2009. Trust me, when you are this close to 50 even couple of years make a huge difference in what you can and cannot do.
Today I shopped for groceries-n-stuff on the way home, and had to lift my leg over to mount the packed scooter, because there was a 40-pound bag of bird seed* and an 18-pack of cheap domestic beer** on the floor. But on the rear rack there was a milk crate full of comics and carrots and crackers and cola. I can just about see 50 from where I'm standing, but somehow managed to get my foot over the seat.

* I'm planting a song garden :)
** which I am going to chill to within an inch of freezing to quaff on the front porch over the next few days
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Ah, to be as limber as you still....

It's sometimes difficult to comprehend others not being able to do stuff when you have not had that particular issue yet. :wink:
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

I have found you can walk the scooter easier if running at idle and just open the throttle just enough to get it rolling and quickly twist it back down to idle. Keep repeating till get to where you can get on to ride.
This works well to go over slightly inclined lawns etc. On going up a ramp will stradle the seat or keep one leg down to keep from tipping and do the same throttle technique.
Demo_Nic

Post by Demo_Nic »

In my MSF class they had us 'walk' our scooters/motorcycles down one end, turn around and back to the other end by very lightly twisting the throttle. We actually did this very frequently as we lined up and took turns doing the exercises.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Yep - I use a little touch of engine assist every morning to walk my scoot out to the street, as my scoot's in the back yard, and there's a hefty slope to get it out front to the street (it's also unpaved and covered with pea-gravel, which _really_ ain't no fun to push a bike through).
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

Out to the street from the back yard I have crushed stone and with the twist assist approach the front tire will get across easier.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Stormswift wrote:The last time I threw my leg over the bike was in 2009. Trust me, when you are this close to 50 even couple of years make a huge difference in what you can and cannot do.
Trust me 'Stormy' it doesn't take turning 50 to deny you of that 'pleasure'. I've got a bad hip that has precluded me from doing that with ease since I was 35ish hence the scooters in my life and the purchase of the Buddy for my 49th B-day 3 years ago.
My trick, and I even have to do something like this just to put my right sock on some mornings, is to literally lift up my leg/foot with my hand bringing it in as if sitting 'Indian style'. I reach down/over or whatever, grab my right ankle or pants cuff and volia, the right foot is up and over. One must be careful however not to catch a heel and do what michelle_7728 did......
As for 'de-center standing' and stuff, I still do the 'straddle and bump' method, maybe with a full load put it on the side stand before mounting, obviously a 'heel flick' is much easier.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
pumpedoncaffeine

Post by pumpedoncaffeine »

I dropped my Buddy, Jacques last night. I was driving back from the pier with my husband down one on the back roads close to our house.

Completely zoned out that the local farmers have been harvesting and all the big tractors have been going down the roads causing huge ruts in the roads. Our county fixes these ruts by pouring gravel in them and pouring tar on top of it.

Anyway I stopped at a stop sign, and started to take off into a left turn. Halfway through the turn my back tire starts sliding out from under me. I put my foot down to keep from falling to the left and to catch my balance, somehow over compensated and fell to the right. All this happening in slow motion.

So I am lying in the middle of the road with my buddy on top of me. I see my husband driving off on his Stella and the only car I have seen on this road in probably two months turns on it.

The people in the car stopped and help me up, and I stand up my Buddy and walk it to the road. By this time my husband has turned around and come to help me out. I am oblivious to the fact that I have blood running down from my elbow. Start looking over Buddy and see he only has minor scratches, my body must have protected him.

I go back to the stop sign and see what exactly was there and find the rut was filled with about 3 inches of gravel and tar poured over it.

Well at least everything turned out alright, and both Jacques and myself have only minor scratches on us and slight soreness on my buttock.

I haven't anything like that happen since 1987 when I had a blow out on my front tire.
Mutt the Hoople

Oof. Sorry about that. Glad you and Jaques are okay. The half-ass way they do repairs can actually cause accidents. Especially at intersections where you have to stop. How's your elbow?
96 Decibel Freaks
pumpedoncaffeine

Post by pumpedoncaffeine »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:Oof. Sorry about that. Glad you and Jaques are okay. The half-ass way they do repairs can actually cause accidents. Especially at intersections where you have to stop. How's your elbow?
I am doing alright, it wasn't bad. I just do not heal as fast at 50 as I did when I was 25.

How is your wrist doing?
Mutt the Hoople

pumpedoncaffeine wrote:
Mutt the Hoople wrote:Oof. Sorry about that. Glad you and Jaques are okay. The half-ass way they do repairs can actually cause accidents. Especially at intersections where you have to stop. How's your elbow?
I am doing alright, it wasn't bad. I just do not heal as fast at 50 as I did when I was 25.

How is your wrist doing?
You said it... Even mosquito bites don't go away as fast at 50. The swelling has gone down quite a bit and it's not throbbing like it was. I did not get a hard cast, which is great so I can shower like a normal person. Even so I can't move it. I hope I can be out on my scooter in six weeks. But if it ends up that 8 weeks is a better bet I'll wait.

Really glad you are okay. It's such a nice group of people here that if someone get hurts, it is really upsetting. Even if we live miles or states apart there is such a feeling of community.
96 Decibel Freaks
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

pumpedoncaffeine wrote:I go back to the stop sign and see what exactly was there and find the rut was filled with about 3 inches of gravel and tar poured over it.
You should write a letter to the county or state (or whomever is doing the repairs). Otherwise, they'll just continue to do the same type of repair year after year. If they're aware it can be potentially life threatening to scooter/motorcycle riders, they might change.

If anything, having the letter on file might help someone in the future if they can prove the county/state knew about the problem and did nothing to change it.
Mutt the Hoople

k1dude wrote:
pumpedoncaffeine wrote:I go back to the stop sign and see what exactly was there and find the rut was filled with about 3 inches of gravel and tar poured over it.
You should write a letter to the county or state (or whomever is doing the repairs). Otherwise, they'll just continue to do the same type of repair year after year. If they're aware it can be potentially life threatening to scooter/motorcycle riders, they might change.

If anything, having the letter on file might help someone in the future if they can prove the county/state knew about the problem and did nothing to change it.
Excellent suggestion.
96 Decibel Freaks