new to this site....just saying hello

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bmorebuddy

new to this site....just saying hello

Post by bmorebuddy »

Hey all, just came across this awsome site. we have had our buddy 50 for a month now. just clicked in at 700 miles. Need some good info on making it a little faster. We double up on it and can hit 48 on a straight away! No joke. But we need some for the hills. Cheers ~
Keys

Post by Keys »

Check with your dealer...I've heard rumors that there is a 70cc kit out there somewhere. Adds a good 10 mph, I hear...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Hiya, and welcome!

That's darned impressive for a 50!! :D
Huh? What just happened?
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

bmorebuddy,

Welcome to the forum! Is this your first scooter? How fast have you got your Buddy going with just one person! Sounds faster than I expected. They certainly are fun scooters. I've had mine about a month or so as well and I have about 600 miles on mine. My husband just bought a used 2002 Vino 50 with low miles on the spur of the moment yesterday so he could enjoy scooting around with me. We put 30 miles on them today just riding around the neighbourhood. :D
Laura
bmorebuddy

Post by bmorebuddy »

Yes this is my first scooter....i had a 750cc motorcycle for 5 years before and was weary of buying a scooter. But since we bought our buddy I have not looked back, im in love. My wife could not ride a motorcycle cause it was way to big for her, so we got the scooter. Best thing ever did. As to the 50 mph....when we bought it the dealer took the resricter off it and told us it would do 45+. But we double up on it all the time and criuse at 45 easy. But we found a strait away for about a mile and hit around 52. It was awsome. Just have some trouble on hills. I think Im one of the few on here that have a 50. But no regrets about it...in the city it does just fine, you there is no need for the extra 75cc in the 125. Thanks again for this awsome site too....never new you could hook a stereo system up to a scooter! We are in the prosess of getting ours now! Cant wait to criuse around downtown bmore jammin out to some bob marley! Cheers :D
BoneGirl

Stereo system

Post by BoneGirl »

You'll have to post all the details of the sound system you're putting in the Buddy.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Look into the 70cc kit. It's the right answer for your situation, even if you you have to wait "two weeks" to get it. :D