Tale of Woe

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Aguacate

Tale of Woe

Post by Aguacate »

what's worse than no gas for your new Piaggio BV 350? No ice for your beer. Poor ian-pix. He is roughing it in Maryland tonight. Anyone else with power failure after the storm?
phatch

Post by phatch »

Warm Beer = Euro style 8)
scudder

Post by scudder »

warm beer > no beer
Aguacate

Post by Aguacate »

unlike an Irish pub, the ambient temps in Maryland are in the 90s so technically "hot beer"....he managed to get some ice today after waking up at 0430 for an "ice shipment" that never arrived, he ran into an ice truck later that day. Still no power but easier to handle after a couple of cold ones :P
TVB

Post by TVB »

While I am a longtime fan of beer good enough to be served "unchilled" in the British fashion, there's a big difference between that and beer served at temperatures approaching body temperature. Courage.
scudder

Post by scudder »

These are sad days indeed. I never thought I would here of a fellow American having to drink 90 degree beer. This is truly a wake up call for us all and I for one am going to do my part by donoting an ice cube to Goodwill today, I will leave it in the drop off box on my way to work. Of course, just like donating a can of yams during a food drive, I am going to dig out the ice cube that looks as though it has been frozen and refrozen several hundred times and somehow smells of an odd combination of pickles and garlic......Karma point for me!
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

Why not just dig a hole in the yard, and put the beer in it to keep it cool?

or go to the office supply store, and get some canned air, and spray the beer down, the gas expanding and evaporating off the beer, will chill it.
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
Capt_Don

Post by Capt_Don »

God intended beer to be ice cold and refreshing as it dehydrates you. These poor folks need emergency ice shipments! :D
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Post an address and I will mail some dehydrated ice cubes to them.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »