Instagram

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kitty

Instagram

Post by kitty »

My apologies if this has been done, I searched but didn't find anything. I'm down to Instagram as my only regular social media, got sick of the advertising and fluff on the rest of them. Who has one?

Mine is @vwkitty. Sadly not many scooter pics, yet, but I'm working on it :D
I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

uptown89.....just getting the hang of it but I like it.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Aguacate

Post by Aguacate »

I'm on instagram as kaupilimakoa :)
amy

Post by amy »

amygrams_
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

edwub

I've been MIA to study for my qualifying exam, but I was planning to get back to it afterwards. Not many pics uploaded yet, but one is a neat motorcycle :)
Keys

Post by Keys »

I've never heard of instagram
"Life without music would Bb"
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

I've never understood instagram.
kitty

Post by kitty »

Keys wrote:I've never heard of instagram
App for iPhone, and now Android. Sadly Facebook purchased it a couple months ago and it's going downhill.
spr0k3t wrote:I've never understood instagram.
I like it much more than Facebook. I'm sick of going on FB and seeing games people are playing and news stories they're reposting and ads all over. I like that IG is plain and simple. Plus, you're not required to follow mutually, which is nice. Honestly, a lot of random people follow me, I look at their feed and there's nothing I care about. Or, they have drug pictures, and I don't follow people who post drugs.

Also, hashtags make it much more interesting. When I post a picture and tag it #scooter, I can see everything else tagged with #scooter. I like to see pictures that otherwise I never would have found.
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

kitty wrote:
I like it much more than Facebook... Sadly Facebook purchased it a couple months ago and it's going downhill.
The content and meat of IG sounds a lot like Google+... and I'm not a fan of faceroll/book... so I guess I'll stick with G+.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

spr0k3t wrote:
kitty wrote:
I like it much more than Facebook... Sadly Facebook purchased it a couple months ago and it's going downhill.
The content and meat of IG sounds a lot like Google+... and I'm not a fan of faceroll/book... so I guess I'll stick with G+.
I didn't think I'd like Instagram at first, because of so many awful food photos ruined by silly filters, but after some time, I really do like it.

This is a great article.
http://gizmodo.com/5910223
"How Yahoo Killed Flickr and Lost the Internet"

I think Instagram really picked up where Flickr fell apart. And no need to have a FB/G+/etc, it can be simple and carefree. I know the article I linked above is about Yahoo's blunders, but it's still a great read and I think helps set the stage.
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

kyds3k on there.

joke: how much does a hipster weigh?

. . . an Instagram. :lol:
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Ugh.... cannot stop hearing every iPhone user complaining how Instagram "sold out"! Of course, my wife took one look at it and said "Wow. Cheap digital filter of what my Holga camera was doing back in 2001."

I love my wife, I really do... but she out-hipsters the most underground indie-troll you will ever find at times.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
scudder

Post by scudder »

Still trying to get the hang of it, but I am on as: scudder
Can someone explain the hashtag use on instagram?
kitty

Post by kitty »

neotrotsky wrote:Ugh.... cannot stop hearing every iPhone user complaining how Instagram "sold out"! Of course, my wife took one look at it and said "Wow. Cheap digital filter of what my Holga camera was doing back in 2001."

I love my wife, I really do... but she out-hipsters the most underground indie-troll you will ever find at times.
Any IG user will tell you, there's been more problems in the past two months or so since FB purchased it than there has been since the start! It was down for at least twelve hours this weekend.

And I have a Holga and still a love affair with film, in any form. I brought my Holga to Disney last time I went and boy did I get some odd looks.

I rarely use in-app filters on IG, if I do edit, it's with Camera+, but normally I'll just take pictures with Hipstamatic if I know I'm posting them on IG. I've been using Hipstamatic for so long I've learned how all the lens/film combos react and can know pretty much right away which ones I need for what. It's like pre-editing lol.
scudder wrote:Still trying to get the hang of it, but I am on as: scudder
Can someone explain the hashtag use on instagram?
It's like search keywords basically. If you post a picture and tag it #scooter, then anyone who searches for scooter will find your picture in the results. There's some crazy overused hashtags that I don't understand, like #instagood and #instamood that pop up on every photo that certain people post. If you click the hashtag it'll bring you right to whatever else was tagged with it. I find it handy, I like that I can instantly see hundreds or thousands of other pictures related to what I just posted.

So if I post my scooter, I'll typically tag it #genuinescooter #stella #scooter #powderblue
velobuff

Post by velobuff »

im velobuff on instagram. i usually post pics of my girlfriend because unlike me, she makes my scooter look better (like in my avatar). :P
<a target="_blank" href=''https://velobuff.com/">My Blog</a>
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

kitty wrote: Any IG user will tell you, there's been more problems in the past two months or so since FB purchased it than there has been since the start! It was down for at least twelve hours this weekend.
That was due to a large Amazon datacenter outage that also took out Pinterest and Netflix, among others.

I use Instagram only sporadically so I haven't noticed any problems since the Facebook acquisition but I really wish Twitter had bought them instead.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

It seemed half of the corporate-themed internet in the US was down this weekend due to the insane storm that hit south of New England. Some of the stuff I've heard damaged is just insane!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
tc8105

Post by tc8105 »

im on it...

AirframeMonkey
People inspire you, or they drain you- pick them wisely ~Hans F Hansen
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I was checking instagram all weekend watching the updates from comic con #sdcc
I dont post a whole lot, but i like it to follow big events

I was also using it to follow people riding to ameriveapa

I am timwall99 on instagram but i cant say my posts have been very interesting
Syd

Post by Syd »

MB is my (almost) only interaction with social media. Is there an Anti social media site?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Um, Syd, if it's a "site" it's prolly social even if it was an anti-social, and then, well if you want the site then your, well, being social, so you......(insert head exploding emoticon right here) :lol:
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Syd wrote:MB is my (almost) only interaction with social media. Is there an Anti social media site?
Try myspace or AOL
Syd

Post by Syd »

ScootLemont wrote:
Syd wrote:MB is my (almost) only interaction with social media. Is there an Anti social media site?
Try myspace or AOL
:rofl:
The majority is always sane - Nessus