Today's ride

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Keys

Today's ride

Post by Keys »

Just got back from my first REAL ride on my Buddy. You see, I tend to take extended journeys on my scooters. Record so far was a few weeks ago when I took my wife's Helix 450 in one day to Tucson and back...to shop for my Buddy! Anyway, I left my home in Cottonwood, AZ. (elevation 3200 ft.) went through the mining town of Jerome, up over Mingus Mountain (elevation 7250 ft.) and on into Prescott (elevation 5280 ft.) for a total of about 50 - 55 miles one way. Hwy 89A over the mountain has, oh, about a hundred thousand curves, turns and hairpins...in other words, a PERFECT scooter road.

The Buddy performed flawlessly with what seemed to be plenty more power in the hills and corners than my Bajaj had! My old Bajaj was "The-Standard-By-Which-All-Scooter-Handling-Shall-Be-Judged", but I found the Buddy to be easily it's equal in the corners...and this is with only a week in this particular saddle! Just wait 'til I get used to it!

The Buddy was comfortable, powerful and averaged just under 100 mpg on what is a hard run. And on the flat ground, I saw an indicated 72 mph. Of course, that comes to...let's see...carry the 6...about 65 mph. Darn good for a 125!

I am an experienced scooterist with decades, thousands of miles and scores of models under my belt and I can see NO reason I would ever be dissatisfied with this scooter. The Buddy will be a fabulous day-to-day, economical, entertaining steed that will slap a grin on this ugly mug every time I swing a leg over it!

If you are waffling...GET OVER IT!! GET ONE!!! Probably be the most fun you'll ever have with your pants on...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

^ you wear pants on yours?? :P
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

I let my wife read this post in order to get her a little more excited with the thought of Buddy ownership.

She's starting to come around :)

I need to get an chain/lock anchor for my back yard, and I'll be all set.

My local scooter shop (Motostrada) is closed on Monday, so Tuesday is the big day. :D

Although I still haven't decided on a color yet. I like them all, except pink. Nothing against it, it's just not for me.
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

I have the Pink and Hubby has the Cream. I got mine first.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
Keys

Post by Keys »

Well, Peabody...UNDERpants, anyway...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"