How did you get your forum name?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tenchi

Tenchi--I married Belldandy

Post by Tenchi »

I chose that name because I am married to the greatest Belldandy (anime) woman in the world. She puts up with my crap and still loves me. Even when she drags me to dance classes and I have three left feet.
The worst day of retirement beats the best day working....
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

I'VE been a Mott The Hoople fan since the summer day in 74 when I was riding my bicycle to the local pool and heard "All the Young Dudes" booming from an 8-Track out of a guy's T-top Trans-Am. Became an Ian Hunter fan at the same time. Fast-forward a good 25 years or so when they were cleaning out my grandmother's house. She has this large china greyhound sitting in her living room and no one wanted it... Everyone made fun of it. So I rescued it and it sat in my dining room with a sad, shell-shocked expression for about ten years. I came home from a Halloween party where I'd gone as Harpo Marx and put the wig on the hound and thought 'Ello, 'Ello, 'Ello, and gave him a pair of cool shades and a Maltese Cross dog tag and Voila! Mutt The Hoople was born... Just in time for the 2009 reunion shows. He's my avatar on Facebook as well. And "HOOPLE" is my license plate on my GTV... First time I ever got vanity plates... Couldn't resist.
Oh Yeah, my actual name is Liz. Well, Elizabeth but when I hear my full name I think I'm in trouble. ELIZABETH !!! :shock: Who ME??? I didn't do it... Whatever it was!
96 Decibel Freaks
laxer

Post by laxer »

I played lacrosse in high school, I played lacrosse in college, now I'm a huge fan of lacrosse, and I coach high school lacrosse. So, in all my creativity, I came up with the goofy handle I have now.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Irish: My father was first generation American of Irish and Scottish parents. My mother is an immigrant from Liverpool and is half-Irish and half-Welsh. I have two degrees from University of Notre Dame (in Indiana) and played rugby football and boxed for the Fighting Irish.

Tim: First name is Timothy.
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Had the same handle since 1996......,
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Dracolibris

Post by Dracolibris »

I'm obsessed with dragons and a librarian, so I came up with this handle which basically means "dragon book."
Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I've been involved with many forms of two-wheeled racing over the years, roadracing, flat track, and I still ride trials. My number has always been 266, from my birthday 02-16-66. Viney? Thats the last name.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

I'm DCUNITED4LIFE for several reasons but they all stem from DC United futbol club. http://www.dcunited.com/

I grew up around the area and my first incidence with scooters was at SKA shows in Wheaton MD around 1995-96. At the same time DC got a professional football team, DC United. They are winners of 4 MLS cups and numerous other trophies and accolades. I became a scoot obsessionato as well as a huge soccer fan all around the same time. My license plates on my Blur read DCU4LF as it was available as a personalized plate. When I joined the forum, I figured I'd use it as my handle.

xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

I'm a grave digger.

No, not really. First name, last initial.
the x's are a holdover from my beloved hardcore (music) years...
jone

user name

Post by jone »

I am tired of people mispronouncing my name Joan as Jo Ann, so I decided to make it easier and spell it like phone, or alone, or bone, or ... you get the idea. As for the small j, that's an extra effort to hit the shift key.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

picked one that was somewhat NoHo Scooters centric along with the NoHo truck as my avatar and the owner objected for fear of misrepresentation. i was only trying to promote the shop but apparently hijinks on the internet has prevailed before

so admin ericalm pm'd me with the news to cease and desist both name and avatar and choose a new name. i told him it hardly mattered what it was and to pick one. he said to pick one myself. i gave hime a few choices and he picked jhscoot. jh being my initials

thats it
Riding is riding
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Felt feisty and decided to exhume this thread. Besides, there have been plenty of new users since I stopped lurking and started posting.

the az is for Arizona, which I've called home since '05.

The s is my first initial, lynch is my last name. Et voila'!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

When we were first married the husband thought it was a real hoot to jump out and startle me because I couldn't scream. He said I squeaked like a mouse. So that's what he calls me. There are many mice on line so I differentiated by being Dakotamouse.
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
Syd

Post by Syd »

When I started on MB I owned a SYm hD200. Shouldn't use SYM, that's the company's name. Symhd is too many letters. Syh is weird. Syd it was and is in the scooterverse.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

When I first started in the internet, I was heavily into slot cars. I also love hot rods, so I custom built hotrod slotcars: slotrods.
CTB170i

Post by CTB170i »

Initials... first, middle, last, model number. I've used the same format in other forums for my car...

Carlos Torres Balagat, aka CTB170i & CTBZR (350z Roadster Conv)

I guess I'm not all that creative, but helps me remember my login name and what forum I'm in... Lol :goofy:
Newbie Scooterist
Buddy 170i
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

The character of a lion is what animal I identify with the most. ( It helps also that I have reddish hair and beard). I am not a student of astrology or zodiac signs but my sign is Leo.

I loved ThunderCats growing up. ThunderCats HO!

Lions roar, and that part of my sig line is my warped sense of irony. To you people who can hear, I am very quiet. I'm non verbal due to my Deafness. Oftentimes overlooked. However, those who know me know that I can be stirred to roar.

Todd is my name. Actually my first name is Michael, but c'mon... how many Mikes do you know? I go by my middle name.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Mine relates to my 52 years of activity in the Dog Show game. My first breed
was the Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound) I started using the Wolfhound handle
back in the CB radio days. Have used it ever since. Oddly enough my Family
nickname has been Buddy from the day I was born back in the Dark Ages. :wink:
Tam Tam

from college!

Post by Tam Tam »

Way back in college, myself and 3 friends used to go and race those goofy 'sprint' go carts to be stupid and blow off steam. Over 2 summers, we each adopted nicknames and bad "one liner" catchphrases, boasting of our sprint car prowess...
We were Lank Swank, The Beast, The Dreaded Avenger, and me..TAM TAM....and somehow it has stayed with me and anything to do with engines, cars, motorstuff.....and then of course all things scooter.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

The first two letters of my first and last name plus a bit of word play :roll:
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

My mother.

Duh!
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

Easy for me, Just my First name and first letter of my last name... No, I am not Sunnyd..........the drink...... I am Sonnyd.... the person, LOL
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

JettaKnight wrote:My mother.

Duh!
So you were born in the early 80's and your Mom loved Star Wars and VW Rabbits with trunks? :D
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

Mine is "Throwback"= A sudden reminder of the past. or old school

7r type of bike I had for my first bike." Still own it, still ride it.