YEAHHHH FOR ME!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

deserthealer

YEAHHHH FOR ME!

Post by deserthealer »

I've been playing on the teeter-totter for months. Buddy, Vino, People,...
i'm sure you can relate. Anyway, i put a deposit down yesterday on a creme buddy 125. Two weeks is going to feel like a lifetime. Like all Americans, "I WANT IT NOW".

Quick story of my experience: My wife and I drove two hours from Phoenix to Tucson. I had visions of driving my scooter off the lot and plowing up the highway at 55mph. Keep in mind that I am a complete novice to scootering and just a little naive (well maybe alot). I test drove a People and a Buddy. To be honest, my newbeeness couldn't tell the difference between the two. I thought they both rode great.

while testing i got up to approx 40 mph and thought there is no way i would get on a hwy and do 55. i was quivering a little inside at 35mph.

fortunately the dealer let me off the hook by informing me i couldn't get on the hwy, i don't have my permit, and they didn't have cream color. WHEEEW :shock:

To make a long story a little longer, Chris and Shelby were AWSOME! No high pressure sales. Just passionate scooterists there to assist. They're even going to bring it up to Phoenix for me. Now that's service :!: So thanks everyone for the great advice. BTW Keys, I saw your old ride and It reminded me of M.A.S.H. :D Chris said he's probably going to buy it.
mlee10018

Post by mlee10018 »

congrats...

I couldn't have ever imagined going faster than 40 until I got my full face helmet. It makes the biggest difference in the world with the face shield down. Now I don't even know that I am passing 55 which I try to keep it under.
Lee
avidgirl

Post by avidgirl »

Funny coincidence!

I put my deposit down last weekend and also pick up my creme Buddy in two weeks, on Sept 9th, to be exact...not that I'm counting the days or anything. :wink:

Our scooters will be twins seperated at build!
Leigh

Creme Buddy 125
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

I have had my Buddy up to 55mph on a 2-lane highway. Let me tell you: It was scary!! The Buddy can crank but being so light it gets a little shaky. A crosswind will scare the living HELL out of you, especially at higher speeds. So I am confident the Buddy will do the speeds but it's lightness will affect performance. So I will most likely try to keep the fast 2-lane highways to a minimum. Strictly a safety issue and not necessarily a less efficient performing Buddy!
Keys

Post by Keys »

That's SO cool that Chris wants the Mad Hornet. I loved that scooter! Glad a friend will be getting it!

As for going 55 on the highway, the Buddy will do it easily. Like I said in another post, I had mine up to an indicated 72 yesterday (probably about 65 corrected). It is a small physical size, so wind affects it possibly less than you may think. I had semi's blow by me, and yes, I felt it, but less than I thought I would. As your confidence grows, so will your comfort level on highways. Don't do it before you're ready, though.

And I couldn't agree more about Shelby and Chris. They are the best!! You too, Mike (Shelby's husband). Anybody in Arizona wants a Buddy or a Kymco...Scoot Over in Tucson is THE place to go!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

If you got 'em...flaunt 'em! I personally plan on staying off highways. Our local scooter club does weekly rides and the routes stay off the highways. I'm 200# and have had mild crosswinds shake me; I can't imagine semi's zoomin' past. So for me it's not a confidence issue but a "been there, done that" situation I have no desire to repeat. But again, if you can do it, cool!
lou76

Re: YEAHHHH FOR ME!

Post by lou76 »

deserthealer wrote:I've been playing on the teeter-totter for months. Buddy, Vino, People,...
i'm sure you can relate. Anyway, i put a deposit down yesterday on a creme buddy 125. Two weeks is going to feel like a lifetime. Like all Americans, "I WANT IT NOW".
i hear you on the impatience, deserthealer... i have a deposit at one at scooter invasioon, but haven't been able to get down there yet... i get all twitchy just thinking about it...but THIS WEEK i am picking it up!!...i think i just peed on myself a little....